Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

vCash
    she just had applied in may? okay, so that's my fault. i thought they did it quite a while ago, 1,2 years. so i was wrong. thanks for the clearance.

i can't understand why they did it so late as the olympics should have been a realistic goal for them sind the last 2,3 seasons.
    i'm crossing my fingers. i was in love with this team from the start and hope they will get their ride to russia.

vCash
    in a german press release it was mentioned that aaron vancleave is still waiting for his passport too.
    he passed all exams, but the canadians seem to take some time either.

please, i want real fights for the two spots in dance and pairs. we have 3 couples of high level in each category.

one question, sorry, if it has been asked a 1000 times before.
    would it be possible, if germany qualifies for the team event to send f.e. koch/nüchtern, wende/wende, and hecken to the team event, while in the individuals it will be z/g, k/c, s/s/ v/vc and weinzierl?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    would it be possible, if germany qualifies for the team event to send f.e. koch/nüchtern, wende/wende, and hecken to the team event, while in the individuals it will be z/g, k/c, s/s/ v/vc and weinzierl?
    No.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    I didn't know Aliona designed their costumes. I thought their Bolero outfits were amazing. Perhaps I was the only one

vCash
    Hmm traditionally the prince wears a red miltary jacket and clara wears pink or white dress... Since they chose to go with classical music this season maybe they'll surprise us with traditional costumes too. Personally I'd like to see Robin in white and gold

As for z/g I really enjoy watching them and I hope they get everything worked out for the olympics! Does anyone know what their fd is this year?

YEAH!
    vCash
    one question, sorry, if it has been asked a 1000 times before.
    Not if they only qualified one spot in each discipline. In pairs, they have two spots, and S&S already said they don't want to do the team event, so Germany can assign the other pair to the team event in that case. If they only have one spot, then the same skater/team does both team and individual events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJD View Post
    As for z/g I really enjoy watching them and I hope they get everything worked out for the olympics! Does anyone know what their fd is this year?
    they want to combine the sd and fd as a story, told in 2 parts.

one part of the fd will be to 'i'm happy' by the gorillaz.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    they want to combine the sd and fd as a story, told in 2 parts.

one part of the fd will be to 'i'm happy' by the gorillaz.
    I just love this concept and can't wait to see the programs. They have evolved into such great performers and remind me a little bit of R/K.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    in a german press release it was mentioned that aaron vancleave is still waiting for his passport too.
    he passed all exams, but the canadians seem to take some time either.
    In order to renounce his Canadian citizenship, he has to prove he is a citizen of another country or will be when the application is approved, which means from the time Germany granted him citizenship (or provisional citizenship) based on him renouncing Canadian citizenship. Unless there's an agreement between Germany and Canada for the citizenship offices to handle this, it's up to the individual to apply to renounce citizenship from the soon-to-be old country.

Currently, the CIC site lists 4 months as the average (80%) processing time for renunciation applications and the CIC website says, "Note: The stated processing time does not include 3-4 months that is needed for missions outside Canada to prepare and send your application for processing in Canada." Since he lives in Germany and presumably had to apply through Germany, that means he would have had to apply through a consulate in Germany, and the PAFSO union which processes visa and permanent residency applications at offices and consulates worldwide, has been on strike since the end of July. I don't know if this union is responsible for renunciation applications, but the remaining workers at the consulates are skeletal staffs that have re-prioritized the work there, and I don't know where renunciation applications fall in the hierarchy.

she just had applied in may? okay, so that's my fault. i thought they did it quite a while ago, 1,2 years. so i was wrong. thanks for the clearance.
    She likely couldn't have asked for clearance from Russia until she had been granted citizenship in Germany (on the condition she renounce Russian citizenship). I can't imagine that she didn't start the process as soon as she could.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    She likely couldn't have asked for clearance from Russia until she had been granted citizenship in Germany (on the condition she renounce Russian citizenship). I can't imagine that she didn't start the process as soon as she could.
    Exactly. Nelli Zhiganshina started the process as soon as she could, meaning as soon as she fulfilled the residency requirement in Germany. All this takes a long time for non-EU citizens. It was much easier for Stefano Caruso who on top of it can even keep his Italian citizenship.

vCash
    does anyone know why jennifer parker withdrew from the jgp in mexico?
    she was already in the start list.

and since when is she coached by brian orser?

vCash
    German Fed published their standards for selecting the team for the campionships

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download..._JWM_2014_.pdf

unfortunately it's just for euros, worlds, junior worlds and syncro, no word on the olympics.
    in a previous article it was mentioned, that the team would be decided in december (i thnik with nationals); so here, it could be interessting, because top finisher at euros (in ladies and men) will travel to worlds, which maybe could be someone else than to the olympics.

has anybody more information on the procedure for selecting the olympic team?

vCash
    by the way, has anybody any news what's the staus of the new german ice dance teams of last season?
    lorenz/kholoniuk and tomchak/kocheev? they were not listed as part of the german team, do this team still exist?

at least lorenz/kholoniuk seemed quite promising

vCash
    by the way, has anybody any news what's the staus of the new german ice dance teams of last season?
    lorenz/kholoniuk and tomchak/kocheev? they were not listed as part of the german team, do this team still exist?

at least lorenz/kholoniuk seemed quite promising
    They both split. I remember seeing both ladies on IcePartnersearch after the season ended. Lorenz seems to be coached by Spilband now and Tomczak is competing for Poland now. She is at the JGP in Danzig this weekend.
    Last edited by sandra_persch; 09-20-2013 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    thanks for the new sandra

vCash
    German Fed published their standards for selecting the team for the campionships

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download..._JWM_2014_.pdf

unfortunately it's just for euros, worlds, junior worlds and syncro, no word on the olympics.
    in a previous article it was mentioned, that the team would be decided in december (i thnik with nationals); so here, it could be interessting, because top finisher at euros (in ladies and men) will travel to worlds, which maybe could be someone else than to the olympics.

has anybody more information on the procedure for selecting the olympic team?
    At Nebelhorn Trophy the Mannheim coach Peter Sczypa told us journalists the criteria for selecting which female skater gets to go to the Olympics: the top 3 skaters from last nationals are in the run: Sarah Hecken, Nathalie Weinzierl, Sandy Hoffmann.
    They all did one preparation competition by now which does not count towards deciding who gets the spot (Hoffmann: Salt Lake City/124,18 points, Sarah Hecken: Lombardia Trophy/137,27 and Nathalie Weinzierl: Nebelhorn Trophy 137,36).

The real fight begins this week in Bratislava: All three skaters will be at Ondrej Nepela Trophy, after that at Coupe de Nice and then at Merano Cup. The best two results of each skater from these 3 competions plus the result at nationals (December 14/15 in Berlin) will count. The girl with the most points gets the ticket to Sochi.

If anyone wans more info, feel free to send a pm, I can forward a pdf of my article about Nebelhorn (in German).

I also heard that there is an unofficial minimum score that the federation also wants to apply, but that is apparently not meant to be public info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    At Nebelhorn Trophy the Mannheim coach Peter Sczypa told us journalists the criteria for selecting which female skater gets to go to the Olympics: the top 3 skaters from last nationals are in the run: Sarah Hecken, Nathalie Weinzierl, Sandy Hoffmann.
    They all did one preparation competition by now which does not count towards deciding who gets the spot (Hoffmann: Salt Lake City/124,18 points, Sarah Hecken: Lombardia Trophy/137,27 and Nathalie Weinzierl: Nebelhorn Trophy 137,36).

The real fight begins this week in Bratislava: All three skaters will be at Ondrej Nepela Trophy, after that at Coupe de Nice and then at Merano Cup. The best two results of each skater from these 3 competions plus the result at nationals (December 14/15 in Berlin) will count. The girl with the most points gets the ticket to Sochi.

If anyone wans more info, feel free to send a pm, I can forward a pdf of my article about Nebelhorn (in German).

I also heard that there is an unofficial minimum score that the federation also wants to apply, but that is apparently not meant to be public info.
    hi,

thanks for that news.
    great to hear, that the german fed is sending the 3 ladies to the same competition; in previous years it wasn't always fair, comparing results of a grand prix with a lower b-competition to decide who to send.

i think we will have a similar procedure for pairs and dance, or at least, i hope so.

vCash
    This link doesn't work:

"German Fed published their standards for selecting the team for the campionships
    http://www.eislauf-union.de/download..._JWM_2014_.pdf"

Is there somebody who knows why? thanks.

vCash

vCash
    Thank you it works!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast