Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Me too, and I'm almost always disappointed.
    I know I'm going to be disappointed if Robin isn't dressed as a giant mouse.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post

vCash
    Looks like Stefano Caruso's eligible to compete for Germany at the Olympics now as of today he has german citizenship

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ta...789275?fref=ts

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Looks like Stefano Caruso's eligible to compete for Germany at the Olympics now as of today he has german citizenship

vCash
    super

vCash
    Sorry, no mouse costume for Robin. As Aliona explained to the media at the test skate, he is the prince: http://www.handelsblatt.com/eiskunst...r/8723870.html

Aliona also said that "Nutcracker and Mouse King" is a German fairy tale by E.T.A. Hoffmann. Coach Ingo Steuer noted that they wanted to combine Russian and German culture, so they used the Russian music from the ballet that is based on a German fairy tale.

More comments from Aliona and Ingo to come in the new edition of "Pirouette" that has gone to print today.

vCash

BRAVO for Kolbe/Caruso. They were terrific at Euros 2013.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Does this mean S/S are going to wear something conservative this year???? Not even a crazy Sugarplum Fairy outfit with ribbons and icing for Aliona? Or maybe they're saving the special costumes for the SP. Anyhow, can't wait to see both programmes! I like that idea of mixing the Russian music and German fairytale, it's nice thought.
    Touching the void.

vCash
    I would LOVE that! Oh well, prince it is.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash

Great news for k/c. unfortunately nelli zhiganshina still waits for her documents from moscow, which confirm that she will be released of the russian government and can get a german passport. time is ticking. this would be such a shame, if z/g will miss olympics again

vCash
    Great news for Kolbe and Caruso!
    I am keeping my fingers crossed to Nelli Zhiganshina. They were 10th in the last Worlds, so Germany could send two dance couples, could not it? And Z/G are one of the voidiest ice dance couples around!

vCash
    Kolbe/Caruso were 8th at the last Euros, so they're no slouches either. More traditional and 'pretty' skating; I don't think we'll be seeing them as zombies anytime soon.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    I'm sure koch/nüchtern will keep their eye on zhiganshinas citizenship issue

they were so promising in juniors, a shame, we can only send two couples to euros. hope the german fed will give all of the three teams a try at isu championships this season

vCash
    press release by the german fed about the test skates of the top 3 in each discipline
    http://eislauf-union.de/Nationalmann...view_news.html

as for the photo we saw s/s, v/vcl, w/w in pairs, z/g, k/c, koch/nüchtern in ice dance, lieber,fentz, streuble in men and hecken, weinzierl, hoffmann (if it was her, she looked so tanned on the picture) for ladies.

although the german nominantions selection for the olympics were not published, out of the article,it seems, that the spots will be decided at the end of nationals in december. german fed kinda surprised me. i would have bet, that euros will be the deciding factor for ladies, men and pairs (if vcl gets his passport), as i imagine z/g and k/c are safe entries for ice dance (if she gets her passport). but good choice, so the chosen competitor can have a good preparation without any stress and maybe some spots to euros or worlds afterwards will be given to younger skaters.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Kolbe/Caruso were 8th at the last Euros, so they're no slouches either. More traditional and 'pretty' skating; I don't think we'll be seeing them as zombies anytime soon.

I hope to see these two teams at the Olympics!

vCash
    Article from icenetwork with more details about the new programs of Savchenko/Szolkowy: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/03/59401840

vCash
    ^^^ I thought Savchenko/Szolkowy deserved their own music news thread so I've posted this latest article link and copied over some earlier, relevant posts from here into this new GSD thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...13-14-programs
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primorskaya View Post
    Does this mean S/S are going to wear something conservative this year???? Not even a crazy Sugarplum Fairy outfit with ribbons and icing for Aliona? Or maybe they're saving the special costumes for the SP. Anyhow, can't wait to see both programmes! I like that idea of mixing the Russian music and German fairytale, it's nice thought.
    If Aliona is still the one designing the costumes, then expect the usual fabulously bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    Great news for k/c. unfortunately nelli zhiganshina still waits for her documents from moscow, which confirm that she will be released of the russian government and can get a german passport. time is ticking. this would be such a shame, if z/g will miss olympics again
    Oh come on, not like they are a threat to the Russian teams. Releeeeeeeeeeeeeease her! Releeeeeeeeeeeeeeease her passport!.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If Aliona is still the one designing the costumes, then expect the usual fabulously bad taste.
    oh, you are so ziggy
    i think the worst costumes were definetly last year and this was due to their collaboration with a german designers. so aliona was not responsible for that
    they had some great costunes (schindlers list, out of africa, send in the clowns, pina), but some horrific to (indian theme, out of space)
    can't wait to see them, but hope for some great worke as in last olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Oh come on, not like they are a threat to the Russian teams. Releeeeeeeeeeeeeease her! Releeeeeeeeeeeeeeease her passport!.
    have you forgotten, that i/k were just one place in front of them, and r/t one behind at last season worlds? they are an absolute danger to them
    kidding, you are absolutely right, don't know, what the problem is, since this process is going on for a really long period now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    you are absolutely right, don't know, what the problem is, since this process is going on for a really long period now
    The problem lies within the Russian authorities. They always take a long time before they release someone from their citizenship. My Russian neighbour, who has been living in Germany for ten years also applied for German citizenship, got it granted and has been waiting several months for his release now. You have to prove that you don't any tax money in Russia among other things. Nelli Zhiganshina told me that technically the authorities are obliged to process your release within six months. She applied in early May for her release, so she should receive it by early November the latest. She was just hoping it happens faster.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast