Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

vCash
    Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende have been withdrawn from Cup of Russia. This does not look good. They had some personal problems over the summer, including death and illness in their families.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende have been withdrawn from Cup of Russia. This does not look good. They had some personal problems over the summer, including death and illness in their families.
    thanks for the info.
    sounds not good.

so they´re just not in form yet?
    hope they have enough strength and courage to move on.

despite nathalie weinzierl showed great form at the jgp in austria.
    showed triple lutz in sp (in combo) and fs. the fs was perfect except a minor mistake at double axel.
    great to see hecken will get some challenge for her spots at euros and worlds.
    this could only be good for german skating

vCash

My friend was aiming there just to see them.
    But even worse for H/W. I wish all the best for them.

vCash
    Update on Hausch/Wende: I heard today that they are back training and want to start their season later. Their first competition probably will be German Nationals in December.

vCash
    Wow I just learned that Robin is 33. I never assumed that. He seems so young. I guess the pairs skater shelf life is higher than singles.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Wow I just learned that Robin is 33. I never assumed that. He seems so young. I guess the pairs skater shelf life is higher than singles.
    Piairs shelf has always been the longest amongst all FS disciplines

vCash
    Update on Hausch/Wende: I heard today that they are back training and want to start their season later. Their first competition probably will be German Nationals in December.
    this would be a very late start. no grand prix, not b-seniors, seems they will likely drop all the way down in the rankings

vCash
    any informations why angelika dubinski got no jgp? she looked promising last season with solid jumps.

am a little confused about that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    any informations why angelika dubinski got no jgp? she looked promising last season with solid jumps.

am a little confused about that
    She must not have done as well in the 3 monitoring sessions the German Fed had. Though rumor has it that the spots for Chemnitz aren't final yet and that its only being decided after the JGPs in SLO & CRO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Plus Robin did not compete internationally for a long time. He was still skating and training of course but the strain of: "Oh, it is an important competition, I will have to skate through injury." was not there. Maybe that kept his body intact.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    this would be a very late start. no grand prix, not b-seniors, seems they will likely drop all the way down in the rankings
    Hausch/Wende are currently ranked 10th with 2082 points. For this season, going into Euros, they should be relatively safe, since only two European teams, Stolbova/Klimov (1904) and Vartmann/Van Cleave, (1311), will (probably) catch them points-wise. (Technically, so could Kemp/King or James/Cipres, if they racked up big GP points and made GPF, but that's not very likely.) The rest of the teams within striking distance have either split, dropped out of their GP event (Gerboldt/Enbert), or would compete at 4C's. There's also no guarantee that Stolbova/Klimov will be competing at Euros.

For Worlds, it's a different story, because Lawrence/Sweigers, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch, and Denney/Coughlin, too, are all likely to overtake them in ranking points.

Where it gets rough for them is next season: 1013 points will drop off, and the remaining 1069 will be factored by 70%. While a bunch of other teams will also lose points from 2010-11, many will have earned Senior B and GP points for this season. I don't see them falling out of Top 24, though, especially with 7 teams in the Top 30 having split or retired -- they should fall of the list next season), even if the "split couple" teams with two GPs do well, and being Top 24 for this season got them a guaranteed GP spot.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    they should fall of the list next season)
    that´s what i meant, but thanks for your detailed look on that.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I meant the split teams should fall off the list next season. Hausch/Wende should still be Top 24 when they re-do the lists before GP selection, as long as they skate at Euros.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I meant the split teams should fall off the list next season. Hausch/Wende should still be Top 24 when they re-do the lists before GP selection, as long as they skate at Euros.
    but 24 is really distracting, regarding they could establish themselves in the top10- however that could have happened

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Any reason why pairs skaters would last longer than dancers? I'd think that the fact that they don't have to jump would help their bodies last longer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Robin's the oldest skater currently competing and has been since the Kerrs retired. IIRC, Pang and Tong are the only other active skaters who were born in the 1970s. And as was pointed out, Robin didn't really compete at a high level when he was younger, which may have helped him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Robin's the oldest skater currently competing and has been since the Kerrs retired. IIRC, Pang and Tong are the only other active skaters who were born in the 1970s. And as was pointed out, Robin didn't really compete at a high level when he was younger, which may have helped him.
    Robin and Jian Tong are a month apart in age (July and August respectively) and both started competing in 1996. Tong has only had one parter; Robin has had three.

Szolkowy and Tong are 33, Pang will be 33 and Kavaguti will be 31.
    Last edited by julieann; 09-17-2012 at 05:36 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    but 24 is really distracting, regarding they could establish themselves in the top10- however that could have happened
    The ISU World Rankings are meaningful only in group seeding at championships and for giving out GP assignments. H/W are top 10 right now in WR, but I don't know who thinks of them as the 10th best Pairs team in the world. It means they've done well enough in Senior B's over the last few seasons to rank them more highly than teams that formed last year and/or are from countries that rarely send pairs to Senior B's. Likewise, I don't think if the were 20th in WR at the beginning of next season that they would be necssarily 20th in the world in quality, just that they competed less this season.

Personal bests are much better indicators of strength than WR.

vCash
    wow. great scores for koch/nüchtern at the jgp in istanbul!

56 points overall, 33 in tes that´s really great.
    hope this junior couple will develop more and more and will retain much longer than our last promising junior couple (frohberg/gießen)

vCash
    wow. great scores for koch/nüchtern at the jgp in istanbul!

56 points overall, 33 in tes that´s really great.
    Here's their Short Dance video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3fM7f-Cbg
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast