Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It was written in German Skating Magazine "Pirouette" that they will likely keep PINA and only get a new SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    It was written in German Skating Magazine "Pirouette" that they will likely keep PINA and only get a new SP.
    Is this the first time they keep a program? I dont think it such a good idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Is this the first time they keep a program? I dont think it such a good idea.
    maybe steuer has just one big shot left for a free skate
    so this has to remain one year.

although i am a big fan of the pina-program, i´m already a little bit tired of seeing it and would like to see a new program again.

or maybe they should bring back their 'you´ll never walk alone'-program, which could have been a fabolous triumph march, but was written off to soon

vCash
    I 'd be happy if they'll keep Pina, I think it developped so much during the season, but still could be so much better !
    Saw the movie and loved that Ingo wanted to take it to the ice !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    I would love that, especially if they add some more intricacies and nuances to the program. Keeping this ground-breaking program will allow them to gain better mastery of it -- just dropping a program that is so interesting and innovative for pairs skating and that they never fully gained complete mastery of is probably something they felt would be unsatisfactory for them.

vCash
    I think that Pina is an excellent program and with further tweaking, polishing and mileage it could look amazing.

The problem, however: The judges weren't too fond of it. Or to be more precise, there were divided reactions to it. Some liked it, some hated it.

vCash
    Pina IMO has not peaked to its highest potential yet in spite of grand success S/S had last season. With some more mileage/polishing, it might as well be the milestone program for figure skating. So I'm all for their decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Ah yes, they deserve so much, and I hope and pray they reach their goal with no interference/ obstacles from judges' and Russian Fed politiking. As much as I enjoy V/T, Aliona, Robin and Ingo are the bomb! May the force be with S S and S -- The Three Musketeers!
    ITA on every account of your opinion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think that Pina is an excellent program and with further tweaking, polishing and mileage it could look amazing.

The problem, however: The judges weren't too fond of it. Or to be more precise, there were divided reactions to it. Some liked it, some hated it.
    Really there were divided reactions among the judges re Pina. What were the reactions divided about exactly -- are you basing your comment on looking at protocols or personally speaking with the judges, or reading about judges' specific opinions? Based only on what I witnessed and heard during broadcasts and generally among skating fans, Pina was very well received and to a large degree fairly scored. They received very good scores when they skated it well, and not as good when they didn't. If there are any judges who may uniformly have scored S/S low for this program, I would have to wonder if their views of the program have more to do with their political affiliations/ or stick in the mud traditional viewpoints -- but once again, I'm not aware that there was any strong outcry against the new ground S/S broke in pairs skating with Pina. Most of the criticism I read had to do with observers wanting to see more of the Pina Bausch dance elements in the program, not less.

vCash
    Savchenko/Szolkowy and Steuer never kept a program, and I don't mind them keeping "Pina". I agree with other posters who said that it is a great program that can become even better. Apparently they are planning to make a few changes to it.
    The German pair skating fan club reported that the new SP is to "Kismet" by Bond.

vCash
    Really there were divided reactions among the judges re Pina. What were the reactions divided about exactly -- are you basing your comment on looking at protocols or personally speaking with the judges, or reading about judges' specific opinions?
    Galina Kukhar mentioned this in an interview.

vCash
    I am happy to hear it. I normally dont like skater keeping a program but Pina was beyond special and they could not skate it at Euros only at Worlds (and the GP season of course)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I am happy to hear it. I normally dont like skater keeping a program but Pina was beyond special and they could not skate it at Euros only at Worlds (and the GP season of course)
    And I feel that they haven't really skated it to 100% last season.

vCash
    They competed it four time last season, had a long break then competed it at worlds.

They looked terrible at the NHK Trophy but best I think it looked was at the Cup of Russia but it just needs more time and better costumes. Five competitions isn't enough to have a program come together.

vCash
    I don't mind them keeping Pina. It's brilliant and they never performed it perfectly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Savchenko/Szolkowy and Steuer never kept a program, and I don't mind them keeping "Pina". I agree with other posters who said that it is a great program that can become even better. Apparently they are planning to make a few changes to it.
    The German pair skating fan club reported that the new SP is to "Kismet" by Bond.
    Thanks for this additional info! Must run and listen to "Kismet"! Can't wait to see what else S/S and S have in store for us re Pina. I have an idea for a program for S/S for the Olympic season, but I don't know if they would be interested -- there are so many directions and untapped avenues both musically and thematically that they could explore. Please God keep them strong, fit and determined. Love S/ S and S!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Galina Kukhar mentioned this in an interview.
    Hmmm... Was there a discussion here re the interview? Can you provide a link to the interview? And maybe it is Galina and the Russians who are the main parties divided against the Pina modern dance theme direction, since it breaks different ground from the dyed in the wool (albeit sometimes glorious and usually stalwart) Russian tradition?

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7TCp9cfByc Kismet!
    This music sounds great for S/S sp -- can't wait to see Ingo's genius choreo and S/S brilliance!

"Kismet is the gift given to hard work and honest intention... Kismet, means fate, or Good Karma, returned."
    Last edited by aftershocks; 07-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    I think the interview was this in a FSU thread and it quotes

AS: Savchenko/Szelkowy's LP was controversial. Some consider `Pina' a masterpiece, some think it's their worst programme. What do you think?
    GK: I like almost all of their programmes. SOme are better, some are worse, but it's always original and interesting. Aljona and Robin prove they can be different. Perhaps `Pina' is calmer than the other programmes, there is no exact character like in the `Pink Panthere'. Some skated to that music before, but never as expressivly as Savchenko/Szelkowy.
    She, however, doesn't directly mention that it was judges' impressions that was being controversial over Pina.

vCash
    "Kismet" has been used a fair amount in skating (Shen/Zhao used it for an SP) and it's not exactly a very sophisticated piece but I think that it works perfectly for skating. It's got great energy and I can't wait to see what S/S will do with it. Very happy with that choice.

Hmmm... Was there a discussion here re the interview? Can you provide a link to the interview? And maybe it is Galina and the Russians who are the main parties divided against the Pina modern dance theme direction, since it breaks different ground from the dyed in the wool (albeit sometimes glorious and usually stalwart) Russian tradition?
    Yes. No. Galina is Ukrainian and not Russian. How can you be divided against something?

She talked about the judges' reaction and mentioned that whilst some loved it, some thought that it was their worst program so far.

I can believe that because "Pina" is really sophisticated and not flashy at all, therefore sadly some people might not appreciate its brilliance.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 07-19-2012 at 11:49 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I love Pina and don't mind them keeping it (would love to see different costumes) but I have a feeling they'll be marked down for keeping a program, even if it has twice the transitions and innovation as everyone else. The judges are itching to give titles to V&T.

I was kind of thinking that this year they might do throw 3a at the beginning of the LP and the 3flip in the second half (since it's so secure now), but that's probably not going to happen because Pina is too difficult already. "Kismet" is very athletic/powerful so I'm guessing they'll continue trying the 3a in the short.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Lurve "Pina" so
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast