Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Looks like Wenzig / Landgraf have split. His is listed on IcePartnersearch

http://www.icepartnersearch.com/showbio.php?i=3962
    this is the problem in the Junior section the girls start off before puberty kicks in and then after one or two seasons they start growing and often the size and the weight is too much for the male partner. Here very apparent as Landgraf had problems with the lifts, failing both of them at JWC and also at the pre competition in Chemnitz 2 weeks before.

vCash
    Looks like Germany is down one more pair. Florian Just has retired and Katharina Gierok is now in search of a new partner

http://paarlauf-fanclub.de/katharina_florian.html

vCash
    Looks like Germany is down one more pair. Florian Just has retired and Katharina Gierok is now in search of a new partner

http://paarlauf-fanclub.de/katharina_florian.html
    don´t know what to think of that; in earlier times (with vartmann i liked just) but even then, i thought he lacked of ambition.

gierok never looked like a pairs skater on the ice imo, let´s see, with whom she will skate.

but it´s sad for german pairs skating, nice development over the last few year behind s/s with h/w, g/j and v/vcl.
    i think especially the rivalry for the 3rd spot for europeans pushed v/vl this year enormous, hope this will not get lost with a 'bye' next year.
    Last edited by Jeschke; 03-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    I just learned about another casualty. Its been posted in the German Skating Forum that Kolbe / Caruso have split

Really hope its not true! they were doing so well this season.

vCash
    What??? That is so unexpected!!

They were doing great and they seemed to get along very well to?

vCash
    The German fed has also published the National Squad for the new season

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download..._2012-2013.pdf

Only Skaters / Teams on the A Envelope are Savchenko / Szolkowy and SYS Team Team Berlin 1.
    Top 10 placement at worlds is required for This Envelope.

vCash
    I just learned about another casualty. Its been posted in the German Skating Forum that Kolbe / Caruso have split

Really hope its not true! they were doing so well this season.
    YEs they split a couple of months ago'.
    I don't know if she is looking for another partner, he is.

It seems She wanted to stay in Berlin to train while Caruso wanted to stay in Milan.

It's a pity, they were good !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    It seems She wanted to stay in Berlin to train while Caruso wanted to stay in Milan.

Having recently visited Milan I can see why she would prefer to stay in Berlin, though its a big shame they split! They were getting really good together. Hope they both look for and find a new partner.

Katharina Gierok seems to have moved from Oberstdorf to Berlin too. She is now listed on icepartnersearch as being coached by Knut Schubert in Berlin. Guess the rumors about her not being happy in Oberstdorf were true too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    YEs they split a couple of months ago'.
    I don't know if she is looking for another partner, he is.

oh my! this is really frustrating. they were really great last season and moved their way up. it´s sad to see, how promising dance couples vanish from year to year (frohberg/giesen, kolbe/caruso), hope koch/nüchtern will stick around longer. i don´t want to see hermann/hermann again at championships. sorry, but i really don´t like their skating.

vCash
    Sometimes partnerships are not easy to handle, even if you are having good results.

vCash
    Just heard today through the German pair skating fanclub that Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy were unable to use their practice rink after returning from Florida as there was an ammoniac leakage. Luckily they were able to use the ice hockey rink. They are back on their usual practice ice since Monday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Just heard today through the German pair skating fanclub that Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy were unable to use their practice rink after returning from Florida as there was an ammoniac leakage. Luckily they were able to use the ice hockey rink. They are back on their usual practice ice since Monday.
    The updates have been on the clubs homepage for quiet a while now ... really scary stuff though.

They must have noticed the leak in April and tried everything to fix it. just when they though they could let the skaters back onto the rink in of May did they notice another one and they had to partially close the practice rink again. By that time to club had iced up the competition rink so that skaters could resume there practice sessions there

Starting June, 2 skaters are allowed back on the ice.

Considering the system is 30 years old I really hope the find the funds to overhaul the cooling system really soon. It kinda sounds like a timer is clicking in there and I really hope that nothing happens that mind cause harm or injury to skarers or coaches.

http://www.eislaufclub-chemnitz.de/

What other "news" are coming out of the Paarlauffanclub these days? The homepage seems to be a little bit outdated.

vCash
    Katharina Gierok seems to have moved from Oberstdorf to Berlin too. She is now listed on icepartnersearch as being coached by Knut Schubert in Berlin. Guess the rumors about her not being happy in Oberstdorf were true too.( Quote: Sandra_Persch )

Well Oberstdorf does not really have much to offer except excellent ice conditions and a wonderful landscape. Considering that Gierok will never be a top notch pair skater ,she is wise to choose a training site which offers the possibility to go to University beside of training. Who wants to end up being nearly thirty, retiring from skating, and not having any job qualifications. In America or Asia skating has a different recognition. In Europe ( except of very few very good skaters ) you can`t make money with skating.
    Last edited by grandma; 06-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    In America or Asia skating has a different recognition. In Europe ( except of very few very good skaters ) you can`t make money with skating.
    This is not true. There's a number of shows in Europe, lots of cruise ship work around the world, etc.

Of course a back up plan is good to have as well, yes.

vCash
    The updates have been on the clubs homepage for quiet a while now ... really scary stuff though.

They must have noticed the leak in April and tried everything to fix it. just when they though they could let the skaters back onto the rink in of May did they notice another one and they had to partially close the practice rink again. By that time to club had iced up the competition rink so that skaters could resume there practice sessions there

Starting June, 2 skaters are allowed back on the ice.

Considering the system is 30 years old I really hope the find the funds to overhaul the cooling system really soon. It kinda sounds like a timer is clicking in there and I really hope that nothing happens that mind cause harm or injury to skarers or coaches.

http://www.eislaufclub-chemnitz.de/

What other "news" are coming out of the Paarlauffanclub these days? The homepage seems to be a little bit outdated.
    Thank goodness they found the leak before anyone got hurt. In Vancouver Karen Magnussen is now off work and having serious health issues from the fumes she inhaled from the leak at her rink.. It's sad to read how she can barely walk the street due to her badly damaged lungs..

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Re-posting the new article on Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi from the Programs/Choreography thread: http://www.goldenskate.com/2012/07/z...o-up-the-ante/
    Since early June, Zhiganshina and Gazsi have been in Oberstdorf working with coaches Martin Skotnicky and Rostislav Sinicyn. They are taking part in the two IceDome summer camps in Oberstdorf and plan to open their competitive season with the Nebelhorn Trophy on home ice. They are also slated for two upcoming Grand Prix events – Skate America and Cup of Russia.
    A good placement at [2013] Worlds will be important towards the qualification for the Olympic Games. Zhiganshina doesn’t have German citizenship yet, but the dancers are positive that she will receive it in time. The skater has passed several tests successfully and has officially applied for citizenship. Her documents are currently under review by the German authorities.
    Photos from the IceDome summer training camp in Oberstdorf: http://www.figureskating-online.com/icedome-camp-i.html

More photos and info: http://www.ice-dome.com/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-10-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Any news yet on what Aliona and Robin might be working on with Ingo for the new season?

vCash
    Apparently they skated their new short at their skating club for members to see. The fanclub will probably soon release info about the program music and elements.
    Last edited by sus2850; 07-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Apparently they skated their new short at their skating club for members to see. The fanclub will probably soon release info about the program music and elements.
    they did? can´t wait getting the news to which music or seeing it.
    hope the trio has enough strength, will and power to move on those 2 years gaining what they really deserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    they did? can´t wait getting the news to which music or seeing it.
    hope the trio has enough strength, will and power to move on those 2 years gaining what they really deserve.
    Ah yes, they deserve so much, and I hope and pray they reach their goal with no interference/ obstacles from judges' and Russian Fed politiking. As much as I enjoy V/T, Aliona, Robin and Ingo are the bomb! May the force be with S S and S -- The Three Musketeers!

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast