Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

vCash
    so, now it could be a really interessting fight for the ladies spot at euros at german nationals.
    natahalie weinzierl got the highest scores so far this season (134, nrw trophy), hecken just 130. problem is, weinzierls second best score is much lower than heckens, but now there may be some challenge at nationals if she can hold on to her nerves. that´s good for the competition.
    angela dubinski landed in the juniors event nice triple lutzes and triple flip; although she was not very consisten in brasov i can see a ot of improvement there and hope, she will get her ticket to junior worlds.
    i would like to see drescher or hoffmann for sure, but drescher got so many chances and hoffmann ist just sad to watch

vCash
    In the current Euros Qualification its

Hecken 258.75
    Weinzierl 251.04

so as you alreasy said Jeschke Nationals could change all that as its only the best 2 out of 2 ISU Senior Events and Nationals that count

For Junior Worlds its the best 2 out of ISU Junior Event, National and the official qualifying competition held at the end of Jan / beg of Feb

currently the standing are
    Dubinski 125.63
    Parker 118.67
    Schott 116.67
    Baumgaertel 114.04
    Zetzsche 113.08
    Weber 109.60

but for Natiomals you can skate Senior or Junior and from the looks of the criteria it makes no difference so its a clear disadvantage fro Dubinski who skates Junior while Schott, Drescher, Weinzierl, Hoffmann, Fuessinger, Weber and Pfrengle skate Seniors, so it will probably come down to the qualification competition again

vCash
    Nico Ulanowski and Ice Dancers Colette Long/Daniel Linovic have been nominated for the Youth Olympic Games

http://www.presseportal.de/pm/64977/...pelt-medaillen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Aljona is voted as one of the 30 most beautiful "sport babes"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...s-babes/page/6
    This news report states that Aliona and Robin scored the first ever 10.0 under the ISU scoring system. When, what program, what event? Does anyone recall? Why hasn't that been more widely mentioned/ promoted??? S/S are sooo good, but I don't think are given the full credit and respect due for what they have contributed to pairs fs (whereas if they were Russian and received the first 10.0, we would never stop hearing about it). Of course S/S are quietly admired and respected in fs and are given the marks, but that's simply because their talent speaks volumes and can't be ignored.

V/T (who I like very much) to me seem at this point to be positioned to take gold in Sochi (which they might as they are very good in a short time together and will be in their home country), but yet V/T still have a great deal of work to do. Sure V/T are competitive with S/S, but V/T seem to be given more credit and hype than due at this stage of their partnership, IMHO.

Ah well, no problem -- I hope S/S/S stay on track and continue to wow audiences and to challenge themselves.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 12-07-2011 at 08:15 AM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    The first 10 was for their Out of Africa LP at 2009 Skate Canada... it's all the more impressive because they dropped their original LP just weeks before and had to choreograph that one in a rush.

vCash
    ^^ Thanks Cherub721, I didn't realize S/S received a top score for that program internationally. Very true that it is extremely impressive since they had put OofA together in a short time (but anyway, Ingo's talent is also amazing!)

Has anyone else ever received a top 10.0 score? (Wouldn't be surprised to hear PC has ).

vCash
    No offense to S/S, I adore them; however, the 10 was completely unwarranted at Skate Canada.

Performance / Execution 8.00 9.00 7.75 9.00 8.50 8.50 9.50 10.00

That was NOT at the level of a 10 in performance/execution. If any skate would have got them a 10 in P/E it may have been at last years worlds, but they didn't get any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Thanks Cherub721, I didn't realize S/S received a top score for that program internationally. Very true that it is extremely impressive since they had put OofA together in a short time (but anyway, Ingo's talent is also amazing!)

Has anyone else ever received a top 10.0 score? (Wouldn't be surprised to hear PC has ).
    Other teams have (I think V/M and D/W, for sure), but S/S were the first.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    S/S were the first to receive a ten.

V/M did at the same event (and at the Olympics, Worlds 2010 and 2011, Finlandia and TEB)

D/W did at Olympics, Worlds (2010 and 2011), SA and CoR 2011 as well

Shen/Zhao did at the Olympics 2010

Patrick Chan did so at Worlds 2011.

vCash
    Savchenko/Szolkowy also recieved a 10 at Euros 2011 for their Korobushka SP.

vCash
    Short Dance Videos from 44° Golden Spin of Zagreb 2011

Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexender Gazsi – Short Dance (SD) Golden Spin Zagreb 2011
    http://youtu.be/BtOCKPTAkck

Tanja Kolbe & Stefano Caruso - Short Dance (SD) Golden Spin of Zagreb 2011
    http://youtu.be/HiEeuAnplI8

vCash
    Free Dance Videos from 44° Golden Spin of Zagreb 2011

Nelli Zhiganshina & Alexander Gazsi - Free Dance (FD) Golden Spin Zagreb 2011
    http://youtu.be/XJtkLcGWjnM

Tanja Kolbe & Stefano Caruso – Free Dance (FD) Golden Spin of Zagreb 2011
    http://youtu.be/JpuTXMx_vVI

vCash
    Short Dance Videos from Istambul Cup 2011

Tanja Kolbe & Stefano Caruso, SD - Istambul Cup 2011
    http://youtu.be/OnkSbSuFKE4

Carolina Hermann & Daniel Hermann, SD – Istambul Cup 2011
    http://youtu.be/9V6K-H6YyYg

vCash
    today is the 'silvester-gala' in oberstdorf.

eurosport shows it live at 21.00 mez

main stars are savchenko/szolkowy and carolina kostner.
    laura lepistö is supposed to skate, too.
    I´m a little confused by that, but let´s see, if she will appear. I thought she couldn´t skate at the moment.

other competitors are zhiganshina/gaszi, hausch/wende, kevin van der perren, shawn saywer.
    Last edited by Jeschke; 12-30-2011 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    today is the the 'silvester-gala' in oberstdorf.

eurosport shows it live at 21.00 mez

main stars are savchenko/szolkowy and carolina kostner.
    laura lepistö is supposed to skate, too.
    I´m a little confused by that, but let´s see, if she will appear. I thought she couldn´t skate at the moment.

other competitors are zhiganshina/gaszi, hausch/wende, kevin van der perren, shawn saywer.
    Laura Lepistö is not going to skate there. She is not able to do it, unfortunately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Laura Lepistö is not going to skate there. She is not able to do it, unfortunately.
    okay, i would have been really surprised, sad for her.

but maybe there´s a small chance to see anette dytrt back on ice there, but i doubt, hope still lives on

vCash
    I've come across reports that Aliona Savchenko had some kind of bad fall in practice yesterday; does anyone know anything more? I hope she wasn't seriously hurt...

My apologies if this is already being discussed elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    I've come across reports that Aliona Savchenko had some kind of bad fall in practice yesterday; does anyone know anything more? I hope she wasn't seriously hurt...

My apologies if this is already being discussed elsewhere.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82056

living every minute
    vCash
    She has told someone who posts here on FSU that she was not badly hurt but needed to be off practising until Monday because of hurting her knee in a fall. They had to skip an award show earlier this week or it might not have been talked about outside the rink. They might have been practising the 3A throw but that is unconfirmed.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato

vCash
    German Junior World Team seems to be complete:
    Dance : Koch / Nüchtern J1
    Men: Martin Rappe S2
    Ladies: Angelika Dubinski J1
    after Bavarian Open next week if all goes well, maybe Wenzig /Landgraf might be nominated for Pairs. They have not been able to compete this season as they have been injured.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast