Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash

vCash
    kolbe/caruso won despite a fall, that´s good for them; but i hope they get a shot from the german fed. i fear we will see 2009 & 2010 again with a better pair being pushed behind, because there´s no way for them to the olympics. or has stefano a german passport? am i wrong?

i was well-known never a hermann/hermann fan and i really don´t like their sd but i have to admit, that i was really surprised by their fd. nice ideas at the lifts, nice progam (not in the middle, there just happens nothing), but all in one, ireally liked it.
    can someone tell me, what music they skated to?

would be a tough fight for those two couples for the second spot at euros, with koch/nüchtern ready to rock the seniors next year

vCash
    Peter Liebers only did his short programm at the Open Berlin Championships.

He scored 66.03 points. He had 4x Level 3 elements, 3A and 3Lz but fell on his 3F-3T combination. All in all I would say it was a very successful competition for him considering the severity of his injury.

http://www.eissport-berlin.de/file/P..._KP_Scores.pdf

vCash
    Thanks for the info. That is really amazing considering that he had to lie on his back for several weeks this summer and wasn't even allowed to fly back home from Canada!
    he can be very proud of himself to come back from such an injury!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Thanks for the info. That is really amazing considering that he had to lie on his back for several weeks this summer and wasn't even allowed to fly back home from Canada!
    he can be very proud of himself to come back from such an injury!
    yes, your´re absolutely right.

but as with hecken, i wished, there would be more national challenge for him. this season, it seemed, like some of the young skaters have improved, but i doubt, that anyone will surpass him.
    liebers pushed himself far the last season, but i would be sure, that this would go much further with a tough field at nationals.

in this regard i´m excited to see häcker vs. hecken at nrw trophy and not just at nationals.

vCash
    the german federation has a new website, looks bette than the last one, hope it will be updated better than the precursor.

now the criterias for ec and worlds have been published;
    pretty simple, like the last years: 3 competetions, 2 best are counting;

they will fill all spots for euros, but for worlds, men and ladies have to achieve top18 result at euros, ice dance (so nelli&alex ) top 16 at euros, pairs top12.

vCash
    the qualification system might help Hecken. Even if she missed Nationals she already has 2 results for the season Nebelhorn 128.04 + SGP CAN 130.71.

Liebers on the other hand has to compete in at least 2 competitions including nationals. so I am glad he has been able to at least do a short programm in competition already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    the qualification system might help Hecken. Even if she missed Nationals she already has 2 results for the season Nebelhorn 128.04 + SGP CAN 130.71.

Liebers on the other hand has to compete in at least 2 competitions including nationals. so I am glad he has been able to at least do a short programm in competition already.
    katharina häcker would be the only one coming close to hecken; but obviously she is out of nrw-trophy anyway.
    so i don´t know, where she wants to collect her points.

liebers is in the entries of thw nrw-trophy; let´s see how he skates, afterwards we can give sime predictions about the euros team, but with 2 spots his chances are good, even not in bestfrom

vCash
    Nice TV report about Savchenko/Szolkowy/Steuer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5F5NtYhLs

Funny to see how Ingo is working out with them under the instructions of Aljona's dad.

vCash
    Can someone translate any of this? Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    Nice TV report about Savchenko/Szolkowy/Steuer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5F5NtYhLs

Funny to see how Ingo is working out with them under the instructions of Aljona's dad.
    Thanks for uploading the nice video. I want to know what does the last question mean?both robin and aliona laughed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doraemon View Post
    Thanks for uploading the nice video. I want to know what does the last question mean?both robin and aliona laughed
    this was just a simple question: 4 1/2 minutes?
    (duration of the free skate)

answers
    robin:a period of time i´m steady going used to.

ingo: could sometimes get to 10 minutes.

aliona: the whole life.

there wasn´t something new in the clip; it just introduced the trio.

ingo mentioned, he is not the big boss, all 3 work together for their success.
    they showed the hobbies of robin and aliona. robin likes to work on his motorcycle, aliona creates the new dresses for the season (even helped morand/lehmann)
    the difficulties with the ice in chemnitz were shown, so the three have to travel to dresden (70km away) every day in the summer months, because there is no ice in chemnitz.

the main thing you get, that for the upcoming seasons everything is subordinated to the big goal of the olympic gold in sotchi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    this was just a simple question: 4 1/2 minutes?
    (duration of the free skate)

answers
    robin:a period of time i´m steady going used to.

ingo: could sometimes get to 10 minutes.

aliona: the whole life.

there wasn´t something new in the clip; it just introduced the trio.

ingo mentioned, he is not the big boss, all 3 work together for their success.
    they showed the hobbies of robin and aliona. robin likes to work on his motorcycle, aliona creates the new dresses for the season (even helped morand/lehmann)
    the difficulties with the ice in chemnitz were shown, so the three have to travel to dresden (70km away) every day in the summer months, because there is no ice in chemnitz.

the main thing you get, that for the upcoming seasons everything is subordinated to the big goal of the olympic gold in sotchi.
    Thank you very muchhope S/S and Ingo can achieve their goal in 2014
    Last edited by Doraemon; 12-01-2011 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    Thank you very muchhope S/S and Ingo can achieve their goal in 2014
    i pray for that but fear the worst

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Can someone translate any of this? Thanks!
    Introduction of Aljona and Robin.
    Aljona:
    I started skating at the age of 4. I convinced my parents to take me to an ice rink 50 km from Kiev. The conditions were not so good. I had to be there at 6 am every morning and had to be at the bus stop at 4 am, because traveling by bus took 2 hours. It was a tough time, but good too. It was good, because it was tough.
    Voice over:
    At 19 Aljona moved to Germany. There she found much better conditions. Three years later she recieved her German passport and she and Robin could participate in the olympics.
    Robin:
    I started skating in Erfurt in1983 when I was just 4 years old. It was the idea of my mother. She had seen an advert for a new skating rink and asked me if I wanted to take a look there. I liked it and decided to stay there.
    Voice over:
    Aljona and Robin are trained by Ingo Steuer. The former figure skater is still in very good shape. He likes to work out with his athletes, especially when Aljona’s dad (a former weight lifter) is visiting.
    Aljona and Robin:
    Ingo has worked with us from te very first hour we spent on the ice together until now. I don’t know were we would be without him now.
    Ingo Steuer:
    We respect one another. As a couch I’m not on a higher level. All three of us are on an equal level. Of course they have to trust me and trust/follow my opinions, but we can discuss everything and they can come up with their own ideas/solutions.

Voice over:
    They train twice a day, 6 days a week. Sunday is the only day off. In their spare time Aljona and Robin have their own interests. Aljona likes to design the costumes.
    Aljona:
    I like to come up with everything myself like the design of the costumes and my hairstyle.
    Voice over:
    Robin has different interests.
    Robin:
    As you can see I like to relax working on my motorbike.
    Question to Robin: What do you think about people who say that figure skating is for girls only?
    Robin:
    I have to admit that during my puberty I did in fact wonder if figure skating was the right thing for me. I thought maybe those people are right, it’s not a very masculine thing. But at the end of the day it’s what you make of it.

Then the voice over talks a bit about the training, working on the new programs, etc
    Robin:
    In our job it’s really important that we can trust each other.
    Aljona:
    Robin is someone I really trust. One can say that he holds my health in his hands.

Then the voice over talks about how Ingo likes to experiment and how Aljona and Robin have to translate his visions of modern figure skating to the ice and how Ingo tries to push the boundaries using different music, innovative transitions/elements, etc
    Then there is a part about photo shootings, press, etc. The voice over talks about how figure skating isn’t popular any more and that Aljona and Robin don’t get much public attention. Ingo confirms this, but admits that they themselves are to blame a bit too, because they focused a lot on the sport/training and not so much on public appearances. They are working on that now. They need it to find sponsors. Then there is the Stasi past again and how Aljona and Robin have to pay Ingo themselves as they don’t get any support (money wise) from the federation. That’s why they need sponsors more than any other athletes. Despite all this the three of them are very close and stick together and believe in their common goal.

Aljona:
    I’m very grateful that I had the opportunity to come to Germany, to Ingo Steuer and Robin. Why should we give up on Ingo, the best trainer, the one who got us so far, the one who taught us so much.
    Ingo:
    Aljona and Robin should not be punished for something that happened 20 years ago. But everything we’ve been through together has only made our relationship stronger. I don’t think any of us can do without the other.

Then the voice over says that it’s 2 month later and Robin talks about the programs being ready, eager to compete, etc
    Voice over:
    Ingo also trains Anais Morand/Tim Leeman. Ingo does a lot himself, he likes to be in control of everything.
    Ingo:
    Why not? It’s great I can do a lot myself like choreo, cutting the music, sharpening the skates. As long as Aljona and Robin are satisfied it’s ok, we don’t need someone else.

Then there is a little report about another athlete (paralympics)
    Back to Savchenko/Szolkowy/Steuer
    Question to Aljona: What makes a good costume?
    Aljona: Well, the one she is holding (laughs).
    Question to Aljona: But what is important?
    Aljona: It should be comfortable and it should fit well. It should not bother Robin, it must be flexible and it has to suit the music and the program.
    Then they talk about how Aljona helped out Anais Morand and Tim Leeman on their costumes.
    Then the voice over talks about the big goal Sotchi 2014.
    Robin:
    That evening (vancouver 2010 free skate) not everything went according to plan. But now I can say that is was really important to learn that life goes on, even if we won ‘just’the bronze medal. From the next day I started to love the bronze medal. It has a special place in my home.
    Question to all three: 4.30 minutes?
    Robin: A time frame I am used to by now.
    Ingo: Can become 10 minutes sometimes.
    Aljona: A whole lifetime.

vCash
    Thank you so much for the translation, la.louise and, also Jeschke .

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    (translation)
    Robin:
    That evening (vancouver 2010 free skate) not everything went according to plan. But now I can say that is was really important to learn that life goes on, even if we won ‘just’the bronze medal. From the next day I started to love the bronze medal. It has a special place in my home.
    Robin
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Thank you so much for your translations/ summaries Jeschke and la.louise!

I have so much respect and admiration for Ingo, Aliona, and Robin. Very interesting details about them in this short news feature. Wonderful, commendable and courageous how they are loyal to each other, and how Ingo says they are equal -- a true partnership. They have set the innovative bar in pairs skating. I wish so much for them and hope great things come to pass.

vCash
    Aljona is voted as one of the 30 most beautiful "sport babes"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...s-babes/page/6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Aljona is voted as one of the 30 most beautiful "sport babes"
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...s-babes/page/6
    what a great comeback for peter liebers at nrw trophy.

and nice improvements of vartmann/van cleave!

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast