Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninchen View Post
    Pity I can't watch the videos since they are blocked in Germany Do you know if there are any other links? I've already searched fsvids, but couldn't find anything
    look upthread. I could watch it with hidemyass.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    thanks for the hint

the sp is great built-on, speacial mood created, i liked that; not sure, whether both are sure to land clean tripples out of nowhere for sure, but nice to see.
    new variation in pair spin, i liked that.

applause applause for (the courage) skating to the pina-soundtrack. great costumes, perfect fit to the movie, even the mood, but i don´t know whether this program jumps on the audience and judges without seeing the movie, i don´t know.
    for me it´s perfect, it´s again something new from them, that´s great to see, i ilke the endings of the lifts (especially because the lifts haven´t changed too much) and their whole package of skating.
    i don´t know, what the judges will see, but as from now on, they are really far away of v/t, but i doubt we will see that in points.

i´m a little bit excited about the first half of the pina-program? let´s hope, steuer didn´t want to show it, because there´s something special in it. new combination (but don´t know, what that could be with their solid 3t seq 3t) or maybe the quadruple flip? let´s wait and see

grogeous programs, especially the free skate

vCash
    Germany awards Unity price to S/S

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15432602,00.html

The public prize went to figure-skating pair Robin Szolkowy, from Greifswald in northeastern Germany, and Aljona Savchenko, from Ukraine. Gerald Praschel - chief reporter for the German news magazine SUPERillu - presented the award, which is jointly bestowed by the magazine itself and Germany's Federal Agency for Civic Education (bpb).

The ice skaters were held up as an example of good relations between Germany and its eastern neighbors - and not only for young sportspeople. The prize was picked up by their manager Klaus Kärcher, with the duo themselves taking part in a tournament in Japan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    New short Savchenko/Szolkowy: Angels and demons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFBSM..._order&list=UL

Part of the new long Savchenko/Szolkowy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBozhOqbK0&feature=slpl

Music: German dance movie "Pina - tanzt, tanzt, sonst sind wir verloren."
    Love most parts of their new music and I let out a big sigh of relief when I saw they put the Pink Panther kind of stuff behind them as I never got to enjoy their LP of last season even when they skated it flawlessly.

I think it's the nicest material I've watched thus far in the current season's pairs skating, less Aliona's costuming. Hope it can be improved.

vCash
    Thanks Hedwig!

vCash
    S/S will not start at German championships. They say that they will need a rest after their four GPs. ( already planning in the GPF...).
    The German fed is okay with that and say that they understand that S/S are not as young as they used to be and need a rest before Europeans.

vCash
    S/S will not start at German championships. They say that they will need a rest after their four GPs. ( already planning in the GPF...).
    The German fed is okay with that and say that they understand that S/S are not as young as they used to be and need a rest before Europeans.
    what other option has the german federation?
    i´m sure they would like to see s/s at the german championships, because there would be more audience, but they achieved such a status, so they have their latitudes.
    but it could be interessting though, with upcoming h/w, z/g and hecken; it could be worse

vCash
    first time i saw the new fs of vartmann/van cleave from the nebelhorn trophy

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tatjana2.../8/uc3zuA_1eCA

i´m kind of impressed; he´s a string guy, not the best match for pcs, but they improved since last season, now it´s about getting consistent.

i like their first lift (2:47), interessting position, we will see, how gets the third spot

vCash
    Van Cleave deserves the third Pair spot on the basis of his hunkiness alone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Love most parts of their new music and I let out a big sigh of relief when I saw they put the Pink Panther kind of stuff behind them as I never got to enjoy their LP of last season even when they skated it flawlessly.

I think it's the nicest material I've watched thus far in the current season's pairs skating, less Aliona's costuming. Hope it can be improved.
    As someone else mentioned already, Robin said in the Absolute Skating interview (linked here in GSD in another thread):

Questioner: So your programs are all ready, what about the costumes?

Robin: The ones for the short program are, but not for the free, so we'll be wearing temporary ones tonight. The new costumes are in production though, so we'll have them ready for our first competition in two weeks' time.

I like what I see of these new programs for S/S. It seems to me that they were perhaps holding some things back from the sp as well as the free, and that more might be added to sp as the season progresses. At the Golden Skate Awards, it seems they were giving a taste of both programs (with a bigger taste of the sp). I agree with most previous assessments/ critiques. Great build-up of music and moves (dramatic tension, excitement and control, push/ pull, sparring aspect of the Angels/Demons theme) in the sp, with as always beautiful attention to detail and excellent musical interpretation. Nice to see a fresh pair spin from them in the sp, and I love their overall ease, confidence, playful attitude and apparent readiness for the season. They are skating like World Champions.

The work-in-progress free program is delightful, and I look forward to seeing more. Great how these two and their coach are so professional in their approach to training and goal-setting. They never rest on their laurels -- always are looking to grow and challenge themselves, try new things and up the ante athletically and artistically.

vCash
    really great programm for S/S !!!!! such a creative pair/trainer ... don't remember any pair representing such a big variety of styles in their programs all over the years !!!
    Nune

vCash
    Lots of skaters will be competing next week.

Paul Fentz & Franz Streubel who both fully rotated the 3A in their last competition will be at Coupe de Nice together with Isabel Drescher, Sandy Hoffmann & Nathalie Weinzierl in Ladies.
    Vartmann & van Cleave will compete in Pairs and Hermann & Hermanns and Kolbe & Caruso in Dance

http://nice-figure-skating-cup.com/i...tats2011/html/

More interesting for me will be Tirnavia Ice Cup. http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploa...e_Cup_2011.xls

In Junior Mens will will have the international comeback for Alexander Schoepke who had to sit out last season due to injury and illness. Also competing will be Manuel Leitner, Aljoscha Hadasch and Vincent Hey;
    Junior Ladies will be Anna Baumgaertel, Laura Fritzsche, Anne Zetzsche and Henriette Graessler

While there is only one Novice Men on the entry list Kurt Grohmann, the novice ladies team is huge! Most of the girls are from Saxony it should be interesting how they all rank here.
    I will list the jump content from their first competition of the season behind the names) I will keep an eye on Lutricia Bock (2A, 3S) Lea Dastich (2A, 3S), Tina Helleken (2A, 3S, 3R), Paula Mikolajczyk (2A) and Chiara Thiele (2A, 3S). To meet the Team envelope criteria for next season these ladies need to skate 83 (Tina , Lutricia) / 80 points (Lea, Chiara, Paula)

vCash
    what a gorgeous program of s/s in the free skate. they´re pushing forward and forward. by time i don´t matter if they become olympic champions or not (though i really want them to be - but fear the worst), they´re so outstanding; this program is the best and demanding program in pairs skating i´v seen for a while.

sadly h/w seem not to get off their low pcs; i really don´t know why; maylin is great, daniel not really catches someones eye, but their programes improved so much and for the first time, i really like both programs of them; hope the judges will move them up and their single jumps will improve.

z/g - i don´t like the free dance; i don´t know why. it doesn´t get me, and if you ask me, the audience neither. their was almost no clapping after their performance; that´s too sad, because i really love that team but i fear with that fd, they will not move forward

vCash
    Savchenko/Szolkowy have two incredible programs but the FS really looks rough around the edges at the moment. It needs more work, more polishing, more mileage on it.

Hausch/Wende - What happened to them? They were very strong last season but at SA they didn't have much speed and their skating looked much weaker overall. Maybe they're just not in the best shape at the moment.

Zhiganshina/Gazsi - I agree that the FD isn't good at all. Staviski really didn't do a good job on this one. If I were them, I'd be ditching that program and working on a new one, as soon as their second GP is over.

vCash
    OTOH, I love Z&G's SD! But bring back the knives!

I wonder whether they had problems getting them into the arena (not to mention the country) here in the US?

vCash
    Hausch has an inflammation of her foot at the moment so it is not surprising that they weren't at their best.

vCash
    That is sad.

vCash
    Hausch has an inflammation of her foot at the moment so it is not surprising that they weren't at their best.
    Thanks, I didn't realise.

Hopefully they can clear that up soon.

Their FS looks very promising.

vCash
    Thanks. I was so surprised that they were not skating well. IIRC they took bronze last year in TEB.
    And he is

vCash
    Awesome! Dresden gets a JGP next year!

ISU decision 1702

ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating – Calendar Season 2012/13
    The Council approved the following calendar for the season 2012/13:
    August 22-26, 2012 Courchevel/France
    August 29-September 2, 2012 (including Pairs) Lake Placid/USA
    September 12-16, 2012 (including Pairs) Linz/Austria
    September 19-23, 2012 Istanbul/Turkey
    September 26-30, 2012 Bled/Slovenia
    October 3-7, 2012 (including Pairs) Zagreb/Croatia
    October 10-14, 2012 (including Pairs) Dresden/Germany
    December 6-9, 2012 ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (junior & senior) Sochi/Russia

Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast