Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    its been reported in the German Skating forum that Martin / Martin have split

Lasse Martin is now skating with Anika Vogel.

vCash
    Nebelhorn Trophy lists where update. Christina Erdel was replaced by Nathalie Weinzierl.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007509.htm

I hope they give Christina the time she needs to get ready for the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Nebelhorn Trophy lists where update. Christina Erdel was replaced by Nathalie Weinzierl.
    oh, so let´s see, what she can achieve.

i´m so excited of the clash of zhiganshina/gaszi and hermann/hermann, and even what kolbe/caruso under fusar-poli can achieve.

just saw christopher bernecks programs of the jgp in brisbane. solid work, but no technical improvement to last season, and a little bit too weir-like

vCash
    Looks like Peter Liebers is back on the ice

http://www.peterliebers.com/Deutsch/news.html

vCash
    Looks like Peter Liebers is back on the ice

http://www.peterliebers.com/Deutsch/news.html
    good news!

vCash
    Gierok/Just, Kolbe/Caruso and Hermann/Hermann are out of Nebelhorn:
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007511.htm
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat00007510.htm

Does anybody know why?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post

Does anybody know why?
    ah, that´s sad, especially for kolbe/caruso, i was so excited about them.

vCash
    Wonder what is going on. Only 1 dance team on the lists for Finlandia Trophy

http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.d...hp?f=31&t=4891

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reut View Post

Does anybody know why?
    I wonder if they want to avoid the competition with their fellow countrymen. Many skaters want to avoid a direct showdown with a potential rival before Nationals, because the result might a negative impact on the results at Nationals/influence the judges' marks at Nationals.

G/J and H/H are still listed at Ondrej Nepala Trophy as well as Zhiganshina/Gaszi and Hausch/Wende, but I think Z/G and H/W won't do back-to-back competitions and eventually drop out of the Ondrej Nepala Trophy.

vCash
    I think you are wrong skatingfan26, it is not H/W , G/J want to avoid as H/W have a much higher level of skating, they are afraid of the direct comparison with V/vC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    I think you are wrong skatingfan26, it is not H/W , G/J want to avoid as H/W have a much higher level of skating, they are afraid of the direct comparison with V/vC.
    You are so evil grandma ... I love it

If I were V / VC I wouldn't do NRW Trophy this year.

vCash
    Furthermore at the level Z/G are skating at the moment, neither of the two other Senior Dance couples will stand a chance, so if they do not want to compete, it is not because they are afraid of a showdown, on the contrary. If all goes well and Z manages to get a German passport in due time, they will be the ones for Sochi 2014.

vCash
    Furthermore at the level Z/G are skating at the moment, neither of the two other Senior Dance couples will stand a chance, so if they do not want to compete, it is not because they are afraid of a showdown, on the contrary. If all goes well and Z manages to get a German passport in due time, they will be the ones for Sochi 2014.
    but maybe they´re afraid of the showdown of the potentially second spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    but maybe they´re afraid of the showdown of the potentially second spot
    Sorry I probably expressed myself wrongly Z/G are the no.1 and the others are of course afraid of jepardizng the no. 2 spot

vCash
    Sorry I probably expressed myself wrongly Z/G are the no.1 and the others are of course afraid of jepardizng the no. 2 spot
    Why do you always assume that the skaters are afraid of competition? they shouldn't be in this sport if they where afraid of competition.

For the Junior skaters it has been confirmed that the DEU is not giving them any events without successful monitoring. It could be the same for the Senior skaters too.

vCash
    According to the Paarlauf Fanclub:
    Gierok/Just are injured, Gierok has a foot injury.
    Hermann/Hermann didn't feel ready yet and Kolbe/Caruso didn't really want to compete at Nebelhorn in the first place.

vCash
    Why do you always assume that the skaters are afraid of competition? they shouldn't be in this sport if they where afraid of competition.

For the Junior skaters it has been confirmed that the DEU is not giving them any events without successful monitoring. It could be the same for the Senior skaters too.
    I can assure you Sandra it is not the case, the Seniors have not been monitored. In Juniors it has only been the single skaters and dancers. If the pairs had not been injured both of them would have been granted 2 JGP.
    It has often been the case in Germany in pair disciples, especially in dance to avoid meeting each other on national level if it could be avoided. It has been so since I can think of. It is not the athletes , but often the coaches in the dance discipline.
    Vartmann / van Cleave always went and presented themselves even if they knew it might not be to their advantage. So one has to give them credit for that.
    Sandra why does one take part in a Show this weekend in Hamburg and do a program if one is injured, and not be able to skate in a pair competition next week in Oberstdorf ?

vCash
    It is not the athletes , but often the coaches in the dance discipline.
    And there I thought Huth was the only one who tried to get his skaters into the easiest competitions available Its not like he is doing his skaters any favours.

What I would like to know is why there are no singles skaters entered for Ondrej Nepela and Finlandia Trophy.

With closing date for Coupe de Nice next week I really hope that there are some skaters willing to compete. Wonder if Isabel Drescher and Sandy Hoffmann will have time to adjust to the Senior programs after doing their JGPs of if they try to go to Ice Challenge a bit later on.

I really think DEU should come up with a funding system that punishes skaters that only compete late in the season when they can meet the team envelope criteria for sure and rewards those competing the whole way through.

vCash
    DEU pays no funding they just instruct the Sporthilfe who gets money.
    On the other hand it would also mean that skaters who injure themselves half way through the season and can`t manage the team envelope criteria are also out of funding. Basically I think the DEU decides from case to case who gets money and who does not.
    Everything would be much more transparent if the STP´s did not have to think tactically.
    As well as that IMO too much money is wasted on the single skating junior team project, which has not brought out any better skaters other than funded the one or other trainer.
    Let us take a look at other federations where money is spread more evenly on pairs and dance and singles. Figure Skating in Germany should try to set itself up more broadly, and also try to use the really good expertise it has in this country.
    Germany has some of the best pairs trainers in the world, but up to today no pairs program has been developed in an area where we mange to get three spots at WC.
    Germany can really only hope that S/S stay well and do not loose their love for skating... otherwise it would get really dismal.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZE92MynH2w

hausch/wende sp from nebelhorn trophy.

i´m very surprised that the 'music was my first love'-arrangement suits them very well. they´re getting better and better, nice stepsequence.

their free skate is also available as the free dance of z/g.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast