Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Wenzig / Landgraf are entered for the JGP in Poland.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011281.htm

Since Dobashi / Voeller are entered as substitutes I would assumed / hope that they get the later ones in Austria and Estonia
    Wenzig / Landgraf seemed to have pulled out of the JGP in Riga. Riga would have been a rather tough competition field. Gdansk is easier and nicer for a first major international assignment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    Wenzig / Landgraf seemed to have pulled out of the JGP in Riga. Riga would have been a rather tough competition field. Gdansk is easier and nicer for a first major international assignment.
    I doubt it has to do with avoiding competition. from what I hear Matti had a foot injury, so I guess they are giving themselves a little more time to get ready after loosing some training time.

vCash
    Its been confirmed that Linda Wenzig sustained an injury during the National Training camp at the beginning of August. They are now hoping to compete in Gdansk & Innsbruck.

http://www.paarlauf-fanclub.de/paarlaufnews.html
    http://www.paarlauf-fanclub.de/chemnitz.html

I am starting to think these trainings camps are cursed. Thats 3 skaters that I have heard of that got injured there this year.

vCash
    German Team for the JGP in Romania is http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011283.htm

Angelika Dubinski - her debut on the JGP circuit
    Paul Fentz
    Koch / Nüchtern

Also at Ondrej Nepela Memorial we only have Dance and Pairs entries. Guess its easiest for the Oberstdorf based skaters to do Nebelhorn Trophy and Ondrej Nepela Memorial back to back, but I was really hoping to see some single skaters too

vCash
    Dieck / Zenkner appear to have split. Dominique is newly listed on Ice Partner Search.

Since Dieck / Zenkner are out Haeuser / Lerche and maybe even Schiffner / Salatzki will be getting their spots on the JGP circuit. Dieck / Zenkner has been guaranteed two Spots

German Team for JGP # 5
    Isabel Drescher
    Niko Ulanovski - Debut
    Haeuser / Lerche

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011284.htm

vCash
    Dieck / Zenkner appear to have split. Dominique is newly listed on Ice Partner Search.

Since Dieck / Zenkner are out Haeuser / Lerche and maybe even Schiffner / Salatzki will be getting their spots on the JGP circuit. Dieck / Zenkner has been guaranteed two Spots

German Team for JGP # 5
    Isabel Drescher
    Niko Ulanovski - Debut
    Haeuser / Lerche

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011284.htm
    oh not, the germans are cursed.
    all junior teams seem to fall apart...

but i pray for isabel drescher; very promising and talented skater, i like her most of the germans, hope she can recapture old strength

vCash
    The nomination criteria for the ISU Championships has been published this morning

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...JWM%202012.pdf

Already nominated for Euros are
    Savchenko / Szolkowy
    Hausch / Wende
    Zhignashina / Gaszi

Already nominated for Worlds are
    Savchenko / Szolkowy

vCash
    It is nice to see that Z/G finally get the respect they deserve from the DEU!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    True. I also heard that Nelli passed her integration / immigatrion (Einbuergerungstest) test and is one step closer to getting her German passport in time for Sochi.

vCash
    Martin Rappe scored 155.54 points at the JGP in Riga.

In order to meet the team envelope criteria for next season he needed at least 146 points in an ISU Junior competion. Check that one is done

vCash
    Have the Hermanns released details of the music of their 2011/2012 programs yet? Just wondering what they will be skating to this year..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDanceFan1 View Post
    Have the Hermanns released details of the music of their 2011/2012 programs yet? Just wondering what they will be skating to this year..
    I haven't heard anything yet but maybe you can find it here really soon

http://www.hermann-hermann.com/

vCash
    I haven't heard anything yet but maybe you can find it here really soon

http://www.hermann-hermann.com/
    for me, i hope kolbe/caruso will rock the house and take the second german spot; i never liked the hermanns, i cannot imagine her having any success (top10) with him, he´s far away of her skills and presence on ice

nice success for martin rappe at jgp in riga; but very disappointing for christina erdel; taking a look at the detailed scores, this is really shocking, what she 'achieved'. sorry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    nice success for martin rappe at jgp in riga; but very disappointing for christina erdel; taking a look at the detailed scores, this is really shocking, what she 'achieved'. sorry.
    have a look at the videos. I can't understand why the German Fed is sending skaters to a competition knowing they aren't ready yet.

I really hope they pull her out of Nebelhorn Trophy. Give her time to get ready for the season. don't destroy whatever self confidence she has by sending her into the lions den (Nebelhorn) knowing she will at the wrong end of the lists.

vCash
    have a look at the videos. I can't understand why the German Fed is sending skaters to a competition knowing they aren't ready yet.
    thanks for the hint with the videos, but i wished i wouldn´t get it. it´s more frustrating to see the skating instead of just seeing the scores. erdel totally looked out of shape (body shape, too), i cannot see any reason, why the german federation chose her for the first junior grand prix.

test skates, like in russia or the us, seem to be a good thing to chose the right skaters.

let´s hope the best for the other germans, especially isabel drescher, i really want her to deliver again.

what´s with sandy hoffman? she´s always listed as alternate skater. she was so promising years ago

vCash
    what´s with sandy hoffman? she´s always listed as alternate skater. she was so promising years ago
    Sandy had a severe injury last season but she is back now and has been assigned to the JGP in Italy.
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2011/jgpsladies.htm

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Agreed. I never understood their fall from grace.

True. I also heard that Nelli passed her integration / immigatrion (Einbuergerungstest) test and is one step closer to getting her German passport in time for Sochi.
    That is excellent news.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Sandy had a severe injury last season but she is back now and has been assigned to the JGP in Italy.
    http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2011/jgpsladies.htm
    ah, did the germans just receive 4 spots for the junior grand prix ladies event? oh damn...

and what´s with pfrengle, schott, willner, weinzierl, urban, füssinger & co.?
    i didn´t like most of their skating indeed, but pfrengle for example seems to be promising

vCash
    ah, did the germans just receive 4 spots for the junior grand prix ladies event? oh damn...

and what´s with pfrengle, schott, willner, weinzierl, urban, füssinger & co.?
    i didn´t like most of their skating indeed, but pfrengle for example seems to be promising
    lets see
    Julia Pfrengle (16) had an injury last season and hasn't returned to competing yet. Though I would expect her to be back soon
    Shira Willner (18) was ill last season and has only started back in full training. I hope she will be back in time for Nationals.
    Nicole Schott (14) missed the 2nd JGP monitoring session due to an injury that kept her off the ice for 3 weeks in August. She seems to be back on the ice now and hopefully will be getting lots of Junior B's this season. If she hadn't been injured she would have gotten one of the JGPs as in the 1st monitoring she did really well
    Jessica Füssinger (15) had knee surgery. She should be able to start training again now, but I guess it will be a while before she is ready to compete. I really hope she will be able to come back in time for some of the Junior B's. NRW Trophy seems to be a good one for her. she won the Bronze there twice so far.
    Not sure about Weinzierl (17) and Urban (18). I know they attended the first monitoring session but I don't think they went to the second one. Guess they will be focusing on Seniors and doing Senior B's

What I am really looking forward too are the Novice Ladies from last season. Even though 4 of the best will have to compete Novice internationally and Junior nationally I am curious to see how they "survived" the summer break. I have about 10 10-12 year old on my watchlist

vCash
    (On Zhiganshina/Gazsi)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Agreed. I never understood their fall from grace.
    The answer is very simple and sad. As Nelli Zhiganshina doesn't have citizenship and is ineligible for the Olympic Games, some people seemed to feel that it is better to built on another couple with German passports. It was obvious that Nelli had no chance to receive citizenship in time for 2010. Sure, Zhiganshina/Gazsi also made a mistake back in 2009 at Nationals, though. It looked like they took it too easy, took it for granted that they would win. Their CDs weren't as good as they could have been. The Hermanns should have been first in the CD. But OD and especially FD were a totally different story.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast