Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Do not know the singles tho, but are there any other options to Liebers and Hecken? I don´t think so.
    There isn't anyone anywhere close.

vCash
    Given the fact that Hacker finished SO close to Hecken at Nationals, its too bad that they couldn't split assignments so one goes to Euros and the other goes to Worlds. It is especially painful knowing that Hecken lost a 2nd spot for Euros by 0.01. It is amazing how often Germany just barely missed a 2nd spot at Euros in the last 10 years in the Ladies discipline. They have finished 11th or 12th in 2011, 2008, 2005, 2004, 2001, and 1999. Last year they had 2 spots but Hecken finished 16th and Willner 24th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    It is especially painful knowing that Hecken lost a 2nd spot for Euros by 0.01.
    I wouldn't say lost the second spot. Her short programm was clearly undermarked so I would say was cheated out of it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    I wouldn't say lost the second spot. Her short programm was clearly undermarked so I would say was cheated out of it
    that´s figure skating
    but as a top12 finisher at worlds, you can expect a top10 finish at euros.
    despite her injury, the result wasn´t good.
    it´s funny, how the deu handles the situation with her; i can remember a lot of not nice words to dytrt, not getting the second spot in earlier years. now, for hecken, it´s just okay, strange strange.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    it´s funny, how the deu handles the situation with her; i can remember a lot of not nice words to dytrt, not getting the second spot in earlier years. now, for hecken, it´s just okay, strange strange.
    Maybe they have learned from the mistakes they made with Annette. No point dragging the skaters down even further. They are disappointed enough as it is.

Katharina ist competing at Bavarian Open this week. I hope she can do well in her first international of the season and get some worlds cup points.

Also Sandy Hoffmann ist doing her first big competition of the season. I hope she can have a lot of fun. Nobody is expecting wonders after being of the ice for so long and I am just glad she is back already.

vCash
    Maybe they have learned from the mistakes they made with Annette. No point dragging the skaters down even further. They are disappointed enough as it is.

Katharina ist competing at Bavarian Open this week. I hope she can do well in her first international of the season and get some worlds cup points.

Also Sandy Hoffmann ist doing her first big competition of the season. I hope she can have a lot of fun. Nobody is expecting wonders after being of the ice for so long and I am just glad she is back already.
    let´s hope, they learned from that.
    i enjoyed sandys skating so much, as she entered the jgp 2 or 3 years ago.
    gorgeous programs and abilities. hope she will gain back old strength.
    katharina, to be honest, is no complete skater for me. or let´s say, i cannot see her improving in the upcoming months or years.
    as long as i know her she jumps her 3 triples, she looks nice, skates slowly and is always happy for landing the jumps. but something ist really missing.

vCash
    I just noticed that Panagiotis Polizoakis is listed as non international at Bavarian Open.

Does anyone know if he intends to compete internationally for Greece in the future?

vCash
    I just noticed that Panagiotis Polizoakis is listed as non international at Bavarian Open.

Does anyone know if he intends to compete internationally for Greece in the future?
    Funnily enough, he has Czech passport (his mother is Czech and father is Greek the family left Czech Republic when he was young). I know the Czech fed was releasing him last fall but for which country, I don´t know. But if I were him I will pick Greece for sure.

vCash
    ^That would make sense. If he felt he couldn't make the German team over Liebers and skaters like Denis Wieczorek, I don't think going up against Verner and Brezina would be the best course of action. Koufal's done fairly well on the JGP, too.

vCash
    Funnily enough, he has Czech passport (his mother is Czech and father is Greek the family left Czech Republic when he was young). I know the Czech fed was releasing him last fall but for which country, I don´t know. But if I were him I will pick Greece for sure.
    Didn't know that he had Czech Nationality too. On the initial entry list he was listed as Germany so it could be they didn't have all the papers with them in Oberstdorf or he really wants to compete for another country. since there are no men for Greece it would be a great chance for him if he chose to compete for Greece.
    Guess I will have to tab my Oberstdorf sources to find out

vCash
    Didn't know that he had Czech Nationality too. On the initial entry list he was listed as Germany so it could be they didn't have all the papers with them in Oberstdorf or he really wants to compete for another country. since there are no men for Greece it would be a great chance for him if he chose to compete for Greece.
    Guess I will have to tab my Oberstdorf sources to find out
    I think the Germans did not ask for ISU Clearance Certificate yet as he is not on any German team, once he will fulfilling the criterias even for D or Z65 or how the hell all the teams are called they will be maybe asking for.

vCash
    I think the Germans did not ask for ISU Clearance Certificate yet as he is not on any German team, once he will fulfilling the criterias even for D or Z65 or how the hell all the teams are called they will be maybe asking for.
    DC is the development team with no funding but national training camps seminars

C in Junior National Team .. but open until 22 years of age

Its the C Team He met the criteria for once already and has 2 more competitions to meet it a second time. Team C gets some funding from the government sports fund and JGPs if there are enough spots.

vCash

I have since learned that he is still missing some ISU papers so thats why he can't do any ISU events yet.

His aim at Bavarian Open is to reach 133 point once more and make it onto the C Team envelope for next season.

vCash
    ah, how sweet,. sandy hoffmann 2nd after sp at the bavarian open, häcker leads...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    ah, how sweet,. sandy hoffmann 2nd after sp at the bavarian open, häcker leads...
    I love the Top 3 after the Short Programm.

Sandy back after her injury and Miriam Ziegler back competing after the summer off

Bad news though from the Junior Ladies. Luisa Weber injured her foot during the short programm and it looks like she will require surgery. Guess that means another Mannheim skaters is out for the rest of the season

vCash
    Tanja Szewczenko and boy friend Norman Jeschke welcomed a baby daughter on Friday, February 25. Baby Jona weighs 2590 gr. Mother and daughter are fine although the labour was long (according to Tanja's mother who is quoted in the article).
    source (in German, with a pic of Tanja and Norman) http://unterhaltung.t-online.de/tanj...44634148/index

vCash
    Last big national competition DEU Pokal starts Thursday

http://www.deu-event.de/results/dp2011/index.html

A lot of skaters have already secured their spots on next seasons team but some still need a second minimum score

Seniors will have to competed at Gardena Spring or Triglav Trophy and hope to meet the minimus score there

Ladies http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.d...hp?f=31&t=4640
    Mens http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.d...hp?f=31&t=4645

skaters highlightes in blue are in already
    skaters listed in black have met the criteria once
    skaters with (*) have missed the minimum score by less than 0.5

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXu3y...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YPq...eature=related

Natalya Fartushina: LEV NRW ; ERC Westfalen Kunstlauf

DEU Pokal will be so interesting in the category Junior Ladies.
    Last edited by grandma; 03-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Junior Worlds outcome more than sad for Germany.....
    Had hoped Wiezoreck could have placed far better regarding his international experience. Rappe or Berneck should have been given the chance to go.... , but then who would have guessed that Wiezoreck would have placed so badly. This is a real disappointment, No extra JGPspots, no second JW spot next season.
    Dieck / Zenkner finished at the position everybody thought they would achieve... Koch / Nüchtern although better would also not have placed much higher
    Schott is an absolute newbie to international competitions , so her SP was already a success for her. Unfortunately in the free she could not maintain her position, but with more experience she will get more self esteem. Good idea sending her
    Drescher showed what her current abilities are, and these are not to be blamed on wrong coaching, it is always easier to blame the coaches than to find fault elsewhere She should not have been appointed in the first place, if one had followed her season closely this year. I would have sent Sarah Hecken or I would have had Füssinger or Erdel have a go at it as second contender besides Schott. Or Hecken plus one of the three younger girls. It was clear from the beginning that none of the ladies sent this year could have secured a second spot for next season nor have gained extra JGP spots. Sadly for Junior skating in Germany, Hecken was not sent to JW this year, as Pfrengle, Hoffmann and Willner and Drescher are out of form or injured. The Belgians are more intelligent. Ira Vannut their top lady is sent to everything, and therefor secures spots for the younger skaters in Belgium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    Junior Worlds outcome more than sad for Germany.....
    Sadly I couldn't agree more. While the dance results while low in scores where better than I had expected. I had feared they wouldn't make it to the free dance the ladies and mens where somewhat disappointing. especially considering the programms and scores they had in the qualifiers in late January.

I am worried about Drescher .... if she doesn't get a great competition soon, i worry she might retire which would be a complete waste of her talent. lets hope the next season starts of great for her and she regains her confidence.

Now its back to square one .... down to 5 JGP spots in singles and 6 in dance

nothing that can be done about this now.

lets hope the team at Worlds can do better and gain a few SGP spots.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast