Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    what a performance of nelli&alex today.
    if they go on like that, the german federation won´t hesitate to fight for her passport
    They skated very well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djtvaJr-Kco

vCash
    what a performance of nelli&alex today.
    if they go on like that, the german federation won´t hesitate to fight for her passport
    Now that they live in Oberstdorf getting the passport should be "easier" than before. Oberstdorf just got it status of National Training Center back so hopefully they can help. Having an excellent Senior Dance Team should be important enough for them to help with the passport!

Having great international results sure helped Aljona get hers. So if Nelli & Alex keep up the great work it should be in everyones best interest get Nelli hers too. After all they might be getting good enough to secure a second spot for Germany by 2013 ... I don't mean Euros but Worlds and Olympics

vCash
    German Junior Worlds and EYOF Qualifier was held this weekend in Chemnitz and the singles teams are

Junior Worlds
    Isabel Drescher
    Nicole Schott
    sub Christina Erdel
    sub Jessica Fuessinger
    Denis Wieczorek
    sub Martin Rappe
    sub Paul Fentz

EOYF
    Christina Erdel
    sub Jessica Fuessiner

Anton Kempf
    sub Ivan Aldinger

http://www.deu-online.de/download/2011_JWM-Quali.pdf

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    German Junior Worlds and EYOF Qualifier was held this weekend in Chemnitz and the singles teams are

Junior Worlds
    Isabel Drescher
    Nicole Schott
    sub Christina Erdel
    sub Jessica Fuessinger
    Denis Wieczorek
    sub Martin Rappe
    sub Paul Fentz

EOYF
    Christina Erdel
    sub Jessica Fuessiner

Anton Kempf
    sub Ivan Aldinger

http://www.deu-online.de/download/2011_JWM-Quali.pdf
    thanks for the news. that´s nice, isabel for her third time, hope she skates better than last year, love her skating

vCash
    thanks for the news. that´s nice, isabel for her third time, hope she skates better than last year, love her skating
    I was soooo happy for her. Before this weekend she was third in the ranking. She was down with fever early last week and we weren't even sure if she would be able to compete. and now not only did she move up to get a spot she won the whole thing !!!

vCash
    It is a pity that Sarah Hecken isn`t sent to JWC as she would secure a second spot for JWC next season and also manage to get more spots for the german ladies on JGP circuit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    It is a pity that Sarah Hecken isn`t sent to JWC as she would secure a second spot for JWC next season and also manage to get more spots for the german ladies on JGP circuit.
    I agree.

I understand the "spread the wealth" thinking but since there are two spots anyhow, Sarah's higher finish would mean more spots next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I agree.
    I understand the "spread the wealth" thinking but since there are two spots anyhow, Sarah's higher finish would mean more spots next season.
    Not sure Sarah would want to go to JW though. She was down with a virus before Euros and could barely practice at all. she wasn't allowed to do any jums for 2-3 weeks
    I can see her taking the time before Worlds just trying to get back into shape and get her consistency back

Isabel is back in Dortmund with her old coach and living at home with her parents. and if Nationals and the qualifier are any indication she is slowly getting back to her old self.

Nicole was a surprise for me at Nationals. While the qualifier wasn't as good it was still really good and if she can skate a clean short she should be able to make it to the free skate and get close to the 120 points overall again. Assuming the judges don't punish her for never having done a JGP

Both girls are a direct entry to the short programm if I read ISU Communication 1640 correctly.

vCash
    the second spot will be gone, that´s for sure.
    but i am very happy for isabel, i enjoyed her skating very much, i think she has nice skills, wish she can bring back her old form and jumps...

vCash
    the second spot will be gone, that´s for sure.
    but i am very happy for isabel, i enjoyed her skating very much, i think she has nice skills, wish she can bring back her old form and jumps...
    Lots just hope Nicole makes in into the free skate and Isabel skates 2 clean programms and makes the Top 12

vCash
    Lots just hope Nicole makes in into the free skate and Isabel skates 2 clean programms and makes the Top 12
    very optimistic

vCash
    That will surely happen.

vCash
    While we still have some important competitions ahead of us I though it would be interesting to make an unofficial list of the National Team as of today. There are still 2 national team envelop competitions and a lot of international ones coming up

Pairs
    A - Savchenko / Szolkowy .... that Top 10 at worlds should be realistic
    B - Hausch / Wende, Gierok / Just

Ladies
    B - Hecken
    C - Drescher, Erdel, Fuessinger, Schott N., Weinzierl
    DC - Baumgaertel, Bock, Dubinski, Helleken, Herceg, Hoehn, Proelss, Schott V.

Mens
    B - Liebers, Wieczorek
    C - Dotzauer, Fentz, Rappe, Ulanovski

no criteria has been published for Dance

have met the criteria once and need a second one
    Ladies
    B - Haecker
    C - Herceg, Pfrengle, Zetzsche
    DC - Fancy, Fritzsche, Lorenz, Scheidt, Weber

Mens
    C - Aldinger, Berneck, Polizoakis, Schoepke, Schreubel
    DC - Kempf, Suzuki

injured skaters with only or or no minimum score
    Ladies C - Hoffmann, Pfrengle, Poschner, Willner
    Mens C - Schoepke
    Mens DC - Lohmeyer

Criteria Single http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...02010.2011.pdf
    Criteria Pairs http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...PAARLAUFEN.pdf

vCash
    Maybe it is good for the ice dancers that no criteria has been published.
    This can only subsequently mean that all older ice dancers, who are now on the national squad will remain. and the decision who gets in or gets out is decided individually.
    In team sports like ice dancing and pairs I think this might be the better way than setting down criteria which can not be fulfilled.
    Why should a pair like Wenzig / Landgraf (J1) not be in the national squad, because they do not have enough points, but show potential.
    On the Junior level one should be very careful. we don`t have many pairs or ice dancers, why not encourage them and give them a spot on the national team. Last season no " younger " Junior Ice dancers made the D/C National Team, this must be a smack into the face of the trainers concerned who have trouble enough keeping the teams together.
    On the other hand in the pairs criteria Gierok / Just meet the B criteria as they participated in the finals of the EC, but have unfortunately never scored the necessary points in any competition. Vartmann / Van Cleave although S2 at German Championships might also not succeed in getting the points, but have good potential, but were misfortunate not to be nominated for EC ,will not be taken on the team next season.
    My pledge would be to nominate both pairs for the national squad, after all one should maybe also think about keeping a broader level in order to have the chance to have more skaters which have a pair skating or ice dancing " eduction ".
    In Juniors Salatzki / Seegert had a rough year why not encourage them to continue
    just like Wenzig / Landgraf. Why not encourage ice dancers like Müller / Gierke, Häuser / Lerche, Preiss / Vogel , Schiffner / Salatzki. After all Germany is not as fortunate as the Russian federation or others in having so many skaters.
    I just hope for skaters who were injured this season, or who have lost a partner, or like Hermanns opted for defining themselves on a new level will still have a chance to remain on the team.

vCash
    Why should a pair like Wenzig / Landgraf (J1) not be in the national squad, because they do not have enough points, but show potential.
    They were added to the squad for this season even though Matti was too old for DC. I would fully expect them to be on the team and get JGP assignments for next season too. Linda is 12 and Matti 18. I can't see them being left of the team just because 118 points is still a bit much for them.

Should be interesting to see what happens when Salatzki / Seegert start competing again after her injury is fully healed.

Last season no " younger " Junior Ice dancers made the D/C National Team, this must be a smack into the face of the trainers concerned who have trouble enough keeping the teams together.
    I think last year is was absolutely the right decision. all teams weren't really doing that well on the international circuit and this should have been a wakeup all for the coaches! Some teams seem to have improved a lot and you don't have to be on the team to get ISU events in ice dancing. Its not like DC gets any funding and the to the dance seminars / training camps most of the teams got invited anyway

On the other hand in the pairs criteria Gierok / Just ... Vartmann / Van Cleave ....
    My pledge would be to nominate both pairs for the national squad
    I agree with you. I would say both or none. they could always put them on with the condition that they have to meet a certain criteria within the first half of the season like they did with some of the other teams and skaters this season

Müller / Gierke, Häuser / Lerche, Preiss / Vogel , Schiffner / Salatzki. After all Germany is not as fortunate as the Russian federation or others in having so many skaters.
    I have done up an overview of how they did internationally so far this season
    http://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.d...hp?f=31&t=4698

I can see them adding Vogel / Preiss and Schiffner / Salatzki, but I am not so sure about Häuser / Lerche. They were given the JGP in Dresden but didn't do to well and they only placed 8th at Nationals.

Müller / Gerke is an interesting case. She is new to ice dancing. I think she has been doing it for a year now and they have already caught up with the other teams. guess we will have to wait and see how they do in the remaining competitions of the season.

I just hope for skaters who were injured this season, or who have lost a partner, or like Hermanns opted for defining themselves on a new level will still have a chance to remain on the team.
    They did it this season and with skaters like Julia Pfrengle, Sandy Hoffmann and Hermanns injured I am sure they will keep the same rule for the new season too.

vCash
    I think Vartmann/Van Cleeve should be sent to Worlds. Gierok/Just didn't do well at all at Euros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I think Vartmann/Van Cleeve should be sent to Worlds. Gierok/Just didn't do well at all at Euros.
    Germany have only two spots for Worlds which are definitely going to S/S and Hausch/Wende.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Germany have only two spots for Worlds which are definitely going to S/S and Hausch/Wende.
    Ahhh, I completely forgot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    Based on the criteria published the German Team for Worlds should be

Hecken
    Liebers
    Savchenko / Szolkowy & Hausch / Wende
    Zhiganshina / Gaszi

vCash
    Based on the criteria published the German Team for Worlds should be

Hecken
    Liebers
    Savchenko / Szolkowy & Hausch / Wende
    Zhiganshina / Gaszi
    I can confirm Ice Dance and Pairs (our team members told me ). Do not know the singles tho, but are there any other options to Liebers and Hecken? I don´t think so.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast