Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sportarten/7945633.html

It's in German but I think it says if they don't get their lost luggage in a few days they will have to withdraw.

Yes, Savchenko/Szolkowy's and Steuer's luggage was lost on the way back from Paris Sunday evening. Their flight to Frankfurt was cancelled and they were sent to Munich instead. In Munich they waited for hours, but there was no connection and then it was too late (Dresden airport closed for the night), so they took a rental car and drove back to Chemnitz. They arrived at 6 am Monday. There was chaos at the airport in Munich and therefore no luggage. The airline apparently doesn't know where the luggage is.
    Robin is currently using some old skates, Aljona has tried different skates, even from another skater, but they can't really train or prepare. Ingo said that both are in pain from using the other skates. This is terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    The airline apparently doesn't know where the luggage is. Robin is currently using some old skates, Aljona has tried different skates, even from another skater, but they can't really train or prepare. Ingo said that both are in pain from using the other skates. This is terrible.
    Thanks for the info

I hope it works out for them, it would be awful if they missed it for something totally out of their control.

vCash
    Somewhere out there, a German baggage handler is having the time of his/her life wearing a tight pink catsuit every day.

But seriously that is so aggravating. I just don't understand how luggage can just be "lost" for more than a day. Isn't everything scanned in at every point? Seriously pathetic.

Thanks for the summary, Eislauffan.

vCash
    Skaters should be allowed to carry their skates on board a plane.
    Any argument that it could be used as a weapon is utterly ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    nooo! I hope this is not true. So far, they've been head and shoulders above everyone else.
    Which says a lot about the season, given S/S are not exactly in top form. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Yes, Savchenko/Szolkowy's and Steuer's luggage was lost on the way back from Paris Sunday evening. Their flight to Frankfurt was cancelled and they were sent to Munich instead. In Munich they waited for hours, but there was no connection and then it was too late (Dresden airport closed for the night), so they took a rental car and drove back to Chemnitz. They arrived at 6 am Monday. There was chaos at the airport in Munich and therefore no luggage. The airline apparently doesn't know where the luggage is.
    Robin is currently using some old skates, Aljona has tried different skates, even from another skater, but they can't really train or prepare. Ingo said that both are in pain from using the other skates. This is terrible.
    This is terrible and so annoying.

Thank you for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari Lepisto View Post
    Skaters should be allowed to carry their skates on board a plane.
    Any argument that it could be used as a weapon is utterly ridiculous.
    Well they could be used as a weapon. They are very sharp and you could slit somebody's throat with them easily.

Although yeah one person with a skate would not exactly have much of a chance of overpowering and killing an aircraft full of people.

vCash
    Does not sound good.
    http://www.freiepresse.de/NACHRICHTE...IX/7538450.php

they are traing with old skates just now but Steuer said that the danger of injury is big and that they can only improvise right now.
    The German skating federation has tried to get the luggage as well but without success so far.

vCash
    Looks like Aljona & Robin finally got their bags back. At least thats whats been posted in the German Skating Forum.

I hope next time they take all the important stuff in their carry on!

vCash
    Huh. Glad they got them back!
    Too bad about the extra stress...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Looks like Aljona & Robin finally got their bags back. At least thats whats been posted in the German Skating Forum.
    I also just heard that the luggage finally arrived today.

I hope next time they take all the important stuff in their carry on!
    Due to airline safety regulations skaters in general are not allowed to put their skates in their carry on. I bet they would put "all important stuff" in their carry on if they were allowed.

vCash
    Would it be feasible to take the blades off the boots and at least take the boots in the carry on?

Would that help at all?

vCash
    no because the way they are mounted is super important and just the slightest difference can change everything, there are skates that let you take off just the blades but I've only seen them for dance and a friend who tried them didn't really like them

vCash
    What ice.dance.girl said is true, blade and boot is a unity, to seperate them, means that they are "broke" and you need some time to get used to if a blade has a slightly changed position. AND the sole of the boot wouldn't take it if you take off and on often...maybe just once...or not at all not sure...

I'm glad they have their skates back!

Somehow a funny thought though, a terrorist takes a skate to get a plane under his control

vCash
    Thanks for the answer. I suspected it was like that.

As to the terrorist stealing a skate blade to take over a plane, sounds like a chapter in one of the fan skate novels

vCash
    Today will be a short report on S/S in "Sport im Osten" on MDR
    http://www.mdr.de/sport/sport-im-ost...u/3222195.html

It says the show will be from 16:30 till 18:00 and S/S are at the bottom of the list. Does anyone of the other Germans here know if they'll also broadcast it in that order? Because i can't be at home for the whole time

vCash
    Gierok / Just just scored 132.27 points at NRW Trophy while Vartmann / van Cleave scored 116.48 points.

I'd say Gierok / Just have slight advantage going into Nationals, but I guess we will know in January which Team gets the 3rd Euros Tickets or if only Savchenko / Szolkowy and Hausch / Wende get to go.

vCash
    BTW, what are predictions for German ice dancers at their Nationals?

vCash
    Gierok / Just just scored 132.27 points at NRW Trophy while Vartmann / van Cleave scored 116.48 points.

I'd say Gierok / Just have slight advantage going into Nationals, but I guess we will know in January which Team gets the 3rd Euros Tickets or if only Savchenko / Szolkowy and Hausch / Wende get to go.
    IMO we have to wait and see how the teams from Dortmund score next week in Zagreb.
    DEU is very restrictive with sending anybody to JW, EC and WC. If they think they are not good enough they rather leave the position vacated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    BTW, what are predictions for German ice dancers at their Nationals?
    Seniors:
    1. Zinganshina / Gaszi
    2. Frohberg / Giesen

Juniors:
    1. Haslinger / Finke
    2. Koch / Nüchtern
    3. Dieck / Zenkner
    4. Vogel / Preiss
    5. Häuser/ Lerche
    6. Schiffner/ Salatzki
    7. Müller /Gierke

vCash
    Thank you.

I am hoping we'll see Z&G at Europeans and Worlds!

vCash
    So Beier/Beier have definitely retired this time?
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast