Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Any news on how Sarah Hecken's injury is healing? I've missed seeing her on the GP!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Any news on how Sarah Hecken's injury is healing? I've missed seeing her on the GP!
    She competed this week at the Ice Challenge in Graz, Austria. You can look up the results here:

http://www.icechallenge.at/index.php...mid=94&lang=en

She finished third overall.

(Edited to indicate her final placement.)
    Last edited by RUKen; 11-13-2010 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Problem both pairs have lies with their coach and his approach to to training.
    If a coach has the wrong attitude towards working hard it is of no wonder
    Could you please elaborate.... Who is their coach and what is wrong with his attitude?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice.dance.girl View Post
    Could you please elaborate.... Who is their coach and what is wrong with his attitude?
    Their coach is Knut Schubert, and they just don`t train enough. Only partial run throughs, they do their elements and then training is over. You can`t compare with the routines Fajfer or Steuer ie have with their pairs. Wende is the best example he would be out, if he had remained with Schubert. If you speak with insiders everybody will agree to the fact that Schubert has had not had success in many years and this is not due to the fact, that the athletes are no good.
    he has had good material to work with , but since Schwarz / Müller hasn`t really had any success any more.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbgw4SHKAJk

Practice video Vartmann / Van Cleave ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbgw4SHKAJk

Practice video Vartmann / Van Cleave ...
    wow, thanks for the link.
    to be honest, i like the program, nice choice of music. unfortunately their competition result shows a total different pair and elements, obviously they are far away of any consistency.

vCash
    Aaron was ill during the competition in Berlin.

vCash
    Mari and Aaron are going to Warsaw this weekend, I believe the competition will be better than Berlin

vCash
    Martin Liebers seems to have had a tryout with Joanna Suleij.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKU2x...layer_embedded
    Partnership with Anzhelika Pylkina probably didn`t work out....

vCash
    I've only seen the SPs in Warsaw but at this stage Vartmann/Van Cleeve seem much further ahead than Gierok/Just.

Van Cleeve indeed seemed to have gone a bit too crazy for German beer since he moved there and he looks a little out of shape but all their elements are working very well.

In the SP she landed a solid 3toe and a very solid throw 3salchow. He fell on the 3toe but fully rotated it. Non-jump elements were ok.

Gierok/Just seemed to have been struggling with their elements. They are slowly getting there but it all still looks like it's very difficult for them.

vCash
    so, anette dytrt is out of the nrw-trophy and not in the entries of the golden spin in zagrebd.
    is there any chance now for her to qualifiy or does anyone has news about her?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    so, anette dytrt is out of the nrw-trophy and not in the entries of the golden spin in zagrebd.
    is there any chance now for her to qualifiy or does anyone has news about her?
    In the way I understand the rules there's no possibility for her to qualify. She has to skate two ISU and German nationals for a chance to qualify for Europeans. Well...no surprise for me that she's not competing...maybe all her "I want to compete" was just a joke...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fata View Post
    In the way I understand the rules there's no possibility for her to qualify. She has to skate two ISU and German nationals for a chance to qualify for Europeans. Well...no surprise for me that she's not competing...maybe all her "I want to compete" was just a joke...
    She's got a back injury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    She's got a back injury
    ah, thanks sandra. serious injury? do we see her at nationals?
    that´s not good, i want to see her skate again.
    hm,now, her only chance is, to win nationals, hecken is sent to europeans (because of the rules), heckens fails totally at europeans and then dytrt is sent to worlds.
    is this going to happen?
    never

vCash
    Bleh, poor Anette. I'd much rather watch her pretty and graceful skating. Hecken has clearly been working on her presentation but her basics are still rather subpar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    ah, thanks sandra. serious injury? do we see her at nationals?
    that´s not good, i want to see her skate again.
    hm,now, her only chance is, to win nationals, hecken is sent to europeans (because of the rules), heckens fails totally at europeans and then dytrt is sent to worlds.
    is this going to happen?
    never
    I hear she got lumbago. With a bit of luck she hasn't missed to much training time and will be at Nationals.

Considering the qualification criteria there are still some other ladies in the running for the spot at Euros but they have to beat Sarahs combined score from the ISU event and Nationals. I have a feeling that only Constanze Paulinus could do that if she skates well at NRW Trophy this weekend, Golden Spin of Zagreb and Nationals. Though Katharina Haecker is currently scheduled to skate at Golden Spin as welll. I'm also curious how Isabal Drecher will skate at NRW Trophy this weekend after switching back to her old coach. Its only her second ISU Senior competition of the season.

The German lady qualifying for the Final at Euros get the spot for Worlds otherwise there might be a skate off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    I hear she got lumbago. With a bit of luck she hasn't missed to much training time and will be at Nationals.

Considering the qualification criteria there are still some other ladies in the running for the spot at Euros but they have to beat Sarahs combined score from the ISU event and Nationals. I have a feeling that only Constanze Paulinus could do that if she skates well at NRW Trophy this weekend, Golden Spin of Zagreb and Nationals. Though Katharina Haecker is currently scheduled to skate at Golden Spin as welll. I'm also curious how Isabal Drecher will skate at NRW Trophy this weekend after switching back to her old coach. Its only her second ISU Senior competition of the season.

The German lady qualifying for the Final at Euros get the spot for Worlds otherwise there might be a skate off.
    thanks for the news, lumbago sounds not too serious, hope she´s getting well again.
    yes, i know that there are other ladies in the competetion, but i don´t see andy of them getting 130points or more in an international competition. and at nationals the judges would do erveything to send hecken to the euros. she is the only one to fight seriously for a second place for next year, the others would have to fight to reach the final.
    i don´t like paulinus skating, katharina häcker looks nice on ice, but low jumps. i would prefer isabel drescher, i like her style, but she was very instable at the jgp (don´t know she switched coaches again). i also liked sandy hoffmann, but she´s injred all the time.

vCash
    I think it will be almost impossible for other German skaters to beat Sarah. I was impressed by her at TEB, her 3-3 combo was good in both programs and the lutz in the free. She said she focused a lot on those jumps as she fell on them in Graz, which might explain her new problems with the salchow. For having been missing quite a lot of training in summer (foot injury) and september (back pain) and being not happy with the training situation (other rink, less ice time for everybody) she is doing well - and she can now skate again in the usual rink. I like her short program, it suits her. But of course I also look forward to NRW trophy to see how the other girls will do.

vCash

Robin and Aliona...out of GPF?

http://www.mdr.de/sport/andere_sportarten/7945633.html

It's in German but I think it says if they don't get their lost luggage in a few days they will have to withdraw.

vCash
    nooo! I hope this is not true. So far, they've been head and shoulders above everyone else.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast