Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

vCash
    video of annette dytrt and yannick bonheur in some mexican ice show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AnK8YIvf8

still miss her

vCash
    With S/S's coach saying (in their interview on Icenetwork) that that S/S will not compete in the Team event at the Olympics, who do people think will be Germany #2, and thus in position to perform in the Team event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    With S/S's coach saying (in their interview on Icenetwork) that that S/S will not compete in the Team event at the Olympics, who do people think will be Germany #2, and thus in position to perform in the Team event?
    i think a lot speaks for hausch/wende. (does she still names hausch or wende after the marriage?)

don't know the status of citizenship for VanCleave, but although I like V/vC much more, they were quite incosistent; the difference for them could maybe be, that if they're on, they can be really great and get great pcs, something H/W always have missed.

by the way. we know that zhiganshina is close to her german passport, but what about van Cleave as mentioned above and Stefano Caruso?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    i think a lot speaks for hausch/wende. (does she still names hausch or wende after the marriage?)
    They are now Wende and Wende.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    video of annette dytrt and yannick bonheur in some mexican ice show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8AnK8YIvf8

still miss her
    thanks for the link ! good to have news for both of them

vCash
    What a shame that Prölß/Blommaert are age ineligible (she too young by a year or so)! Given that, I think that the Wendes have punched their ticket to the Olympics and will end up skating the Team Event, if S/S do not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    What a shame that Prölß/Blommaert are age ineligible (she too young by a year or so)! Given that, I think that the Wendes have punched their ticket to the Olympics and will end up skating the Team Event, if S/S do not.
    Even if Annabelle Prölß was age-eligible, Ruben Blommaert still needs to get German citizenship. I don't know what the status on Aaron van Cleave's citizenship is, but if he doesn't get it in time, Maylin and Daniel Wende are indeed the only candidates for the second spot on the Olympic team.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Even though Germany has two pairs spots, if the German Olympic Committee plans to create additional requirements, like total score or placement at Euros that neither the Wendes nor Vartmann/van Cleave (if he gets citizenship) can reach (although placements would be easiest for Pairs, given how sparse the fields are), I don't see any incentive for them to take the team event into consideration, for Pairs or for Ladies and Men (although Liebers should meet any additional criteria), since it's unlikely that Germany will make the finals.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Even though Germany has two pairs spots, if the German Olympic Committee plans to create additional requirements, like total score or placement at Euros that neither the Wendes nor Vartmann/van Cleave (if he gets citizenship) can reach (although placements would be easiest for Pairs, given how sparse the fields are), I don't see any incentive for them to take the team event into consideration, for Pairs or for Ladies and Men (although Liebers should meet any additional criteria), since it's unlikely that Germany will make the finals.

maybe they do it as a test skate for zhiganshina/gaszi; would be bad if germany as a top7 team wouldn't participate....but i agree, chances for the finale are minimal, even with s/s there would be almost no chance.

vCash
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    SP: When Winter Comes, a music especially composed for them by Andre Rieu.
    LP: The Nutcracker

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
    SP: When Winter Comes, a music especially composed for them by Andre Rieu.
    LP: The Nutcracker
    The LP was officially revealed today at a test skate of the German team. Article: http://www.wn.de/Welt/Sport/Wintersp...r-nach-Sotschi
    The test skate was closed to the public.

vCash
    WOW! I can so see Aliona doing classical ballet by Tsaikovsky! And there is so many roles in this ballet they can relate to, and there is the famous ice skating scene. WOW again!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Do you mean the big snow scene, Finnice?

I've been hoping whenever I see "Nutcracker" listed that it would mean more than just the big pas de deux. One of the young male junior skaters did a program where the first half was an upbeat part of the score, and the second half was the adagio, and it would be great if the score was mined for music like the snow scene.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I've been hoping whenever I see "Nutcracker" listed that it would mean more than just the big pas de deux.
    Me too, and I'm almost always disappointed.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Me too, and I'm almost always disappointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    The LP was officially revealed today at a test skate of the German team. Article: http://www.wn.de/Welt/Sport/Wintersp...r-nach-Sotschi
    it was a test skate for all top 3 skaters/pairs/dance couples in each category. a planned press conference didn't take place afterwards because lack of interest. kinda said which place figure skating has in germanys sports world, though the great results of aliona and robin .

by the way . great start for germany in the jgp . lutricia bock skated two great programs finishing 6th including 3f3t
    , 3lz,2a1lp3s. great score . Nice that there will be some pressure on hecken and wejnzierl from the younger ones .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    it was a test skate for all top 3 skaters/pairs/dance couples in each category. a planned press conference didn't take place afterwards because lack of interest. kinda sad which place figure skating has in germanys sports world, though the great results of aliona and robin .

by the way . great start for germany in the jgp . lutricia bock skated two great programs finishing 6th including 3f3t
    , 3lz,2a1lp3s. great score . Nice that there will be some pressure on hecken and wejnzierl from the younger ones .

vCash
    I'm a bit surprised by the roster at Nebelhorn. Not as many German skaters as I would have hoped to see.

vCash
    I'm a bit surprised by the roster at Nebelhorn. Not as many German skaters as I would have hoped to see.
    that's true, but many german skaters will bee seen at onderj nepala memorial.

vCash
    Yes, unfortunately many German skaters shied away from Nebelhorn Trophy this year because they feel the focus is on the Olympic Qualifying event. They probably think there is too much attention and if they don't skate as well as they hope or don't place as well as they hope, it will be a negative start to the season.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast