Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1011
  1. #881

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    two german junior skaters have retired.

    matti landgraf (pairs) and alexander schoepke (men).

    statement of schoepke:
    https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderSchopke

    in short: finished schools, life has to go on, decision against sport and for studying., thanks to everyone involved in his 14years of skating.

    matti landgraf:
    statement was really short:

    stopped competitive skating. maybe it's for a while, maybe it's forever...
    just wanna say thank u for this amazing journey!
    figure skating...still my big love

    ---
    especially for landgraf i am really sad, he seems to be very promising, hoped his new partnership would work out
    unfortunately now he is part of an ice show on a cruise ship,

    btw. any words on status of katharina gierok and julia pfrengle?

  2. #882
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    601
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    btw. any words on status of katharina gierok and julia pfrengle?
    According to last "Pirouette" Julia is healthy and trains regulary.

  3. #883

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by care bear View Post
    According to last "Pirouette" Julia is healthy and trains regulary.
    thanks for the news. she was so promising back then at junior worlds

  4. #884
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,748
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have an unconfirmed source that tells me that Aliona and Robin will be at CoR and CoC this fall.
    Apparently all the skaters know already, and I know someone who knows Aliona.

    Also posted in the GP speculations thread

  5. #885

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2294
    New interview on figureskating-online.com with pair skaters Maylin Hausch/Daniel Wende, who sat out the past season mostly beause of injury. They talk about coming back and they are getting married this Thursday (June 6)!
    The interview is available in German and English:
    http://www.figureskating-online.com/hausch-wende.html

  6. #886
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    German Fed put up a note about Hausch / Wende getting married with a photo of the happy couple.

    http://www.eislauf-union.de/Neues-Pa...view_news.html

  7. #887
    Recovering from the Olys
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    28,266
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    16342
    ^^^ Congrats to the happy couple! I've cross-posted the photo link in the "Royal figure skating weddings" thread in the Trash Can: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3941289

    Grand Prix assignments as of June 3, 2013:

    Savchenko/Szolkowy - Cup of China & Rostelecom Cup
    Zhiganshina/Gazsi - Skate Canada & TEB
    Peter Liebers - Cup of China & Rostelecom Cup
    Vartmann/Van Cleave - Skate Canada (GP debut)
    Kolbe/Caruso - NHK (GP debut)

    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    On another note the National Team envelopes were published 01-May-13
    http://www.eislauf-union.de/download...01.05.2013.pdf
    C Team member Jennifer Parker competed her SP at Scarboro Skate in Canada back in late April - her protocol: http://sfsc.on.ca/ScarboroSkate/2013/swsde.pdf

    Parker is scheduled to compete in the Boston Open this weekend and reportedly there will be a free, live stream (unfortunately it probably won't be archived). Senior Ladies SP is Friday evening June 22 (Eastern time) and FS is Saturday evening. A Boston Open competition thread will likely be started in the Kiss and Cry forum this week with more info.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-18-2013 at 07:58 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

  8. #888

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2294
    Former German pair skater Margaret Göbel (74) died after long illness. She competed with Franz Ningel in the 60s and was a European and World medalist with him.
    http://www.eissport-magazin.de/

  9. #889

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2294
    We published two new video interviews with German ice dance champions Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi http://www.figureskating-online.com/...ina-gazsi.html and pairs champions Annabelle Prölß/Ruben Blommaert http://www.figureskating-online.com/...blommaert.html on our homepage. The interviews are in German, but a written English translation is provided.

  10. #890

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    We published two new video interviews with German ice dance champions Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi http://www.figureskating-online.com/...ina-gazsi.html and pairs champions Annabelle Prölß/Ruben Blommaert http://www.figureskating-online.com/...blommaert.html on our homepage. The interviews are in German, but a written English translation is provided.
    thanks for the videos.

    prölß/blommaert are just cute and so humble
    wish them the best for the next season.

    for nelli&alex it is ensured, that all my fingers and toes are crossed for them

  11. #891

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2294
    Article on Zhiganshina/Gazsi on Golden Skate: http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/07/z...tertain-again/

  12. #892
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    3 of the JGP eligible dance teams are competing at the Summer Cup in Lyon this weekend.
    My guess would be its a monitoring competition for them and good shows should get them a JGP spot.

    http://www.csndg.org/Competitions/20...mmer_Cup/html/

  13. #893

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Article on Zhiganshina/Gazsi on Golden Skate: http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/07/z...tertain-again/
    oh my, zhiganshina/gaszi's combining short dance and free dance in a story

    not to happy with their using parts of Gorillaz I'm happy for their Free Dance. But let's wait and see. They were always original and outstanding and i hope they can deliver such a great season like the last has ended!

  14. #894
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,953
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Summer Cup SD Result

    03. Geiler / Miersch - 38.08 (Had to skate first today)
    05. Clarke / Dieck - 35.33 (Had to skate second today)
    10. Steffan / Steffan - 31.90

    Hope they'll have a great FD tomorrow and the German Fed will consider them for at least 1 JGP each!

  15. #895

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    434
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    oh my, zhiganshina/gaszi's combining short dance and free dance in a story

    not to happy with their using parts of Gorillaz I'm happy for their Free Dance. But let's wait and see. They were always original and outstanding and i hope they can deliver such a great season like the last has ended!
    Why are you not happy with that music? I think Gorillaz is an excellent choice, it will set them apart from all the conventional, overused classical/musical/soundtrack choices.

    I am a bit sad though that they won't go to Nebelhorn.

  16. #896

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sus2850 View Post
    Why are you not happy with that music? I think Gorillaz is an excellent choice, it will set them apart from all the conventional, overused classical/musical/soundtrack choices.

    I am a bit sad though that they won't go to Nebelhorn.
    can't see gorillaz fitting in an a skating program, even if it will be outstanding and not the conventional way. i always liked their ideas, so i try my best to let them surprise me and maybe i will like the concept.

    yes, sad for the german audience, but so let the battle between kolbe/caruso and koch/nüchtern for the second spot begin.

  17. #897

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2294
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    can't see gorillaz fitting in an a skating program, even if it will be outstanding and not the conventional way. i always liked their ideas, so i try my best to let them surprise me and maybe i will like the concept.

    yes, sad for the german audience, but so let the battle between kolbe/caruso and koch/nüchtern for the second spot begin.
    I watched the practising the short and free dances when I was in Oberstdorf earlier this month. I thought the Gorillaz' piece at the end is a peppy, upbeat ending of the program.

  18. #898

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,754
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    I watched the practising the short and free dances when I was in Oberstdorf earlier this month. I thought the Gorillaz' piece at the end is a peppy, upbeat ending of the program.
    great to hear, thanks.

    i will be excited.

  19. #899

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2294
    New article on Savchenko/Szolkowy: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    Their SP music has been especially composed for them by André Rieu and they worked for the first time with David Wilson in Toronto. Ingo inlcuded an outside choreographer for the first time and is pleased with the work that has been done.
    It sounds really exciting, can't wait to see this program!
    The long program will be revealed at the end of August.

  20. #900

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South from Siena, La bella Toscana
    Posts
    4,747
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8861
    Thanks, Eislauffan, very interesting article. Great that savchenko and Szolkowy will be using original music in SP! To put throw 3a in both programs in risky but I am sure they know what they are doing.
    Interesting also that Steuer speaks so openly about the rivalry between them and Volosozhar/Trankov. I hope that the pairs will be an epic battle with great programs skated clean.

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •