Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv6...terview_people

Interview with Savchenko/Szolkowy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by la.louise View Post
    thank you so much for this.
    very funny, how aliona mentioned, that only the media speaks of retirement afetr sochi and they haven´t made any decisions about that

vCash
    Kolbe/Cariso will compete at Golden Spin, Zagreb, It's their debut in this season !
    Good luck !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tut88 View Post
    Kolbe/Cariso will compete at Golden Spin, Zagreb, It's their debut in this season !
    Good luck !
    thanks for the news.
    i´m looking forward to see them.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Article on Savchenko/Szolkowy's win at NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany this weekend: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Article on Savchenko/Szolkowy's win at NRW Trophy in Dortmund, Germany this weekend: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    On Saturday evening in Dortmund, the four-time world champions took the ice at a small, 250-seat rink, largely emptied of South Korean fans who had earlier watched their heroine Yu-Na Kim.

Those who left missed Savchenko and Szolkowy's commanding free to a modern, flamenco-infused version of Ravel's "Bolero."
    Kinda expected something like this would happen, but it is a bit sad to hear that it did happen. But I know that Korean fans adore S/S so it puzzles me.

vCash
    ^^ Maybe the Korean fans didn't recognize S/S in those overly colorfully abstract designed skating costumes. I enjoy S/S sp costumes and choreography, but I'm having a hard time liking similarly-designed costumes for the fp, and on my first viewing of fp, my dislike of the music was not overcome by my absolute adoration of S/S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    ^^ Maybe the Korean fans didn't recognize S/S in those overly colorfully abstract designed skating costumes. I enjoy S/S sp costumes and choreography, but I'm having a hard time liking similarly-designed costumes for the fp, and on my first viewing of fp, my dislike of the music was not overcome by my absolute adoration of S/S.
    There are several reasons fans left the arena, but as the icenetwork article states, S/S wore black trousers. After the mini-brouhaha at Skate Canada, Steuer decided to ditch the unitards. Another win for DiManno, whose column about it included a paean to sausage casings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    There are several reasons fans left the arena, but as the icenetwork article states, S/S wore black trousers. After the mini-brouhaha at Skate Canada, Steuer decided to ditch the unitards. Another win for DiManno, whose column about it included a paean to sausage casings.
    Oh, thanks for sharing that information. I was referring to the lone GP event I saw where S/S debuted both their programs. It would be great if they are re-thinking their original outfits for the fp. I think they should go ahead and keep the colorful unitards for their sp, but maybe the judges along with many fans communicated some dissatisfaction with the colorfully abstract unitards. My feeling is the unitards were okay for the sp, but using similar ones for the fp was complete overkill.

Oh wow re DiManno's analogy! Do you have a link to the DiManno column, and a link to S/S performance at Dortmund?

BTW, is there a good place (i.e., a fansite or social media site) to communicate with Aliona, Robin and Ingo directly, and in English?

vCash
    The Germans have ditched both their short program and free skate costumes. Alas, I'm not much of a links person.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Savchenko/Szolkowy's NRW Trophy videos:
    SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GFPfK-iaM0
    FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rnn5a44yHc

Rosie DiManno's infamous 2012 Skate Canada column: German pair's skating costumes tighter than result
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-11-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ingo Steuer said in Dortmund that the colours were distracting and took attention away from the actual elements (I talked to him for our newspaper). I like both pairs of new costumes, the blue ones for the short seem to be from new designers, the black ones for the free retain the vivid colours that those designers stand for. If you want to see S/S modeling go to www.germens.de

vCash
    Thanks so much Sylvia, nlynnr, and sus2850! Now, is there a good place to communicate directly with Aliona, Robin and Ingo, in English?

Ooooh, I love that modeling site!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Thanks so much Sylvia, nlynnr, and sus2850! Now, is there a good place to communicate directly with Aliona, Robin and Ingo, in English?

Ooooh, I love that modeling site!
    This is their official facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pixele...70018519689628. You can always leave a message there.

Short program NRW with better quality: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECNf3lhYWBE

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Is anyone attending the Media Markt Eisgala in Ingolstadt on December 16 headlined by Savchenko/Szolkowy? http://www.spotlight-productions.de/
    Laura Lepistö and Sinead & John Kerr are listed, and Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam also will be performing according to his latest tweet ( @mitchislam ).

ETA: In the English version of the site, the Charivari Ice Gala Regensburg 2012 is scheduled for December 28 at 7:30 pm in the Regensburger Donau Arena. Listed performers are:
    Brian Joubert (FRA)
    Fumie Suguri (JPN)
    Adam Rippon (USA)
    Valentina Marchei (ITA)
    Peter Liebers (GER)
    Sarah Hecken (GER)
    Fiona Zaldua & Dmitry Sukhanov (GBR) Adagio Paar
    Marina Karamysheva (RUS) Special Act , Hoola Hoop

There's also the annual Eisgala in Obertsdorf on Dec. 30 that is televised (live?) by Eurosport.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-13-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: To add more show info

vCash
    Thank you Sylvia! Those galas ate always really badly advertised. Apparently they don't need to attract skating fans, they just mention lots of singers, I would love to know who else skates in Ingolstadt, they should know by now, it is only 3 days to go...

vCash
    I´ll be at the show in Ingolstadt. As far as I know the following skaters will be there: Aljona & Robin, Kerr/Kerr, Paul/Islam, Denis Ten, Emanuelle Sandhu, Laura Lepistö and Yukina Ota. My sister lives in Ingolstadt and read this in the local newspaper. I met John at the show in Bratislava two days ago and he told me that he and Sinead will be there and will skate a christmas program and one to music of "Two Cellos", the musicians that also will be at Art on Ice next year. I think there are also some adagio pairs, but I forgot who... Since I get free tickets (my BIL works at the rink) and I can stay at my sisters home, Ingolstadt is always worth a trip for me. But it´s always difficult to get to know which skaters will attend it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    I´ll be at the show in Ingolstadt. As far as I know the following skaters will be there: Aljona & Robin, Kerr/Kerr, Paul/Islam, Denis Ten, Emanuelle Sandhu, Laura Lepistö and Yukina Ota. My sister lives in Ingolstadt and read this in the local newspaper. I met John at the show in Bratislava two days ago and he told me that he and Sinead will be there and will skate a christmas program and one to music of "Two Cellos", the musicians that also will be at Art on Ice next year. I think there are also some adagio pairs, but I forgot who... Since I get free tickets (my BIL works at the rink) and I can stay at my sisters home, Ingolstadt is always worth a trip for me. But it´s always difficult to get to know which skaters will attend it!
    oh my, yukina ota, how time flies by...such a promising skater back then. still feeling sad for her. but great news, she´s still booked for shows, that´s amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    oh my, yukina ota, how time flies by...such a promising skater back then. still feeling sad for her. but great news, she´s still booked for shows, that´s amazing.
    I was at the show in Budapest two days ago and Yukina was there, too. She skated two really elegant numbers. I think she did a triple toe and a double axel, but I´m not sure because I was also taking photos... It was nice to see her. I haven´t heard something about her since years and now it happens that I see her skate live two times in one week :-)

vCash
    According to eventim.de the Gala in Ingolstadt seems to be sold out. Well, I checked the Spotlight website about a month ago, the main cast was already announced. I was last year in Ingolstadt, but this year I will go to Oberstdorf.

Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast