Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

vCash
    Their LP too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XeFo...eature=related

I really liked the SP, particularly the step sequence!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Their LP too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XeFo...eature=related

I really liked the SP, particularly the step sequence!
    Yes. I was shocked... a pairs sp footwork sequence (level 4 too!) actually not being painful to watch. The dance lift into the pairs spin was nice too, although the spin itself needed more speed.

vCash
    I think you are wrong skatingfan26, it is not H/W , G/J want to avoid as H/W have a much higher level of skating, they are afraid of the direct comparison with V/vC.
    It has often been the case in Germany in pair disciples, especially in dance to avoid meeting each other on national level if it could be avoided. It has been so since I can think of. It is not the athletes , but often the coaches in the dance discipline.
    Vartmann / van Cleave always went and presented themselves even if they knew it might not be to their advantage. So one has to give them credit for that.
    Yeah, whatever you say is right...we all know H/W are on a higher level since they were able to train through a couple of seasons without injury. They could work hard and could improve a lot. G/J couldn't even start really yet, first the foot injury of Katharina, then they lost their coach, needed to change location and now yeat again Katharina is injured, and another long break...this must be really frustrating, they want to compete but can't.

If they are all healthy and had no interuptions in training and don't compete, you CAN say they want to avoid competition but this is NOT the case. (Can't tell about dance though) Your pair V/C didn't do well either, of course they want to use any competition to gain competition experience. I would agree with you if everybody is well and don't compete. The problem is you don't know the truth and you start to speculate untrue stuff!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pianomay.../9/KgVmbJ2Ow_c

new sd of zhiganshina/gaszi

i really like the dingy style from the first half. i had my doubts, if this years music requirements will suit them, but now, i´m totally satisfied. this short dance could be really great and hopefully moves their ranking up more and more.

i´m not so sure about their fd in fact; the first part suits them well, but i cannot stop wondering of they´re just to 'old' for this romeo&juliet program. maybe i´m just missing some fresh breeze of the youth, time will tell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRgKrS4eCWY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    Nice program, but little to no latin feel. But, I feel we're gonna be saying that about 98% of the SDs.

I really love this team though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Nice program, but little to no latin feel. But, I feel we're gonna be saying that about 98% of the SDs.
    We will, well I already am.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP20.../0/SWnjRXw15dA

isabel drescher´s sp, just few moments ago at tje jgp in austria.

so happy, she seems to get part of her old strength back. don´t know, when i last saw her doing a triple triple.

the spins are unfortunately extremly slow and not of any high level. she just got 40.67points, 17 for the pcs, that´s no to good. but i really like her skating and hope she moves on like that.

vCash
    Great JGP Debut for Niko Ulanovski (14). Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP20.../6/7RgFH_kzLI4

vCash
    Fantastic result for Shari & Christian.

Its been a long time since we had a team in 5th after the short dance at a JGP
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpaut2011/SEG007.HTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra_persch View Post
    Fantastic result for Shari & Christian.

Its been a long time since we had a team in 5th after the short dance at a JGP
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpaut2011/SEG007.HTM
    yeah, just saw the results, which make me smile.

actually it´s not so long ago, regarding frohberg/giesen, it´s just two years ago, they entered with a great season at junior level. i´m still lamenting their break-up and career-ending after such short time.

vCash
    to blame myself, it´s my firt time i saw koch/nüchtern performing, and wow: especially shari koch is absolutely expressive, fresh, good lines, wow,i´m really impressed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    to blame myself, it´s my firt time i saw koch/nüchtern performing, and wow: especially shari koch is absolutely expressive, fresh, good lines, wow,i´m really impressed
    and to think that Ice dance was her only option if she wanted to continue competing. she had to retire from figure skating due to an injury that prevented her from jumping ... good think she went to Ice Dancing!

vCash
    what a great day for the germans.

koch/nüchtern got 4th place at the jgp. ulanovsky respectively 9th.

zhiganshina/gaszi won in bratislava at ondrej nepela memorial, great!

vCash
    I'm so glad to see German ice dance getting some depth!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'm so glad to see German ice dance getting some depth!!
    yes, this is really nice to see, z/g at great level, k/c with promising start, h/h (who knows?) and now koch/nüchtern, which hopefully last longer than our last promising young ice dance couple.

vCash
    Z&G got a 2.00 "music restriction violation" deduction according to the protocols.

Anyone know why? They didn't get it at Nebelhorn.

vCash
    Apparently the majority of judges at Nepela Trophy felt that "Romeo and Juliet" is not uplifting enough.
    The problem with these majority decisions is that you never know when you might get it. The whole music rule is ridiculous anyway.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    ^This.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Apparently the majority of judges at Nepela Trophy felt that "Romeo and Juliet" is not uplifting enough.
    The problem with these majority decisions is that you never know when you might get it. The whole music rule is ridiculous anyway.
    So basically the ice dancers should never again use Carmen, R&J, Swan Lake, Tosca... anything where a character dies at the end. (Yes, I know some will love that...). Waaaay harsh, IMO.

vCash
    Eislauffan, Are you sure that it wasn't for one of the other 3 possible reasons for a -2 deduction? I certainly thought it was an" interesting, colorful and entertaining dance"...I would think that it would be hard to get 50% of the judges plus referee to say it wasn't.

So I'm thinking it might have been something more cut and dried, like the beat???

At least one other team this year has gotten a music violation for not having a discernible beat for more than 10 seconds. I wondered whether the beat could well be a problem for Z&G, particularly during the beginning section when there are airplane sounds, perhaps over 10 seconds long.

Teams should take note. Get out that drum machine and add a beat if your music hasn't got it at all points.

The other team was skating to Hall of the Mountain King and another piece from Peer Gynt, AFAIR.

and here's the possibles from Rule 610 1.c.

c) The music for Free Dance must be suitable for Ice Dance as a sport discipline and must have the
    following characteristics:
    i) The music must have an audible rhythmic beat and melody, or audible rhythmic beat alone, but not melody alone, and may be vocal. The music may be without an audible rhythmic beat for up to 10 seconds at the beginning or end of the program and up to 10 seconds during the program.

ii) The music must have at least one change of tempo and/or expression. This change may be gradual or immediate, but in either case it must be obvious.

iii) All music including classical music must be cut/edited, orchestrated or arranged in a way that it creates an interesting, colorful, entertaining dance program with different dance moods or a building effect.

iv) The music must be suitable for the couple's skating skills and technical ability.

Free Dances that do not adhere to these guidelines will be severely penalized;

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast