Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    moving right along
    vCash
    LOL. She can't keep her hands off him.

vCash
    Fashion awards of the female guests. There were some interesting gowns, though to me, many were underwhelming or a little off. All my opinion, of course. Here's a gallery of pictures. I would link directly to individual pictures, but I don't think I'm able to.

Best dressed: Queen Margarethe of Denmark. She always has interesting gowns in interesting colors, some which work, some which don't. Today's did. The color was lovely, and the cut was very flattering.

Honorable mention: Princess Madeleine. Nice color and shape. Not a huge fan of all the ruffles, but she managed to pull it off.

Biggest WTF were you thinking?: Infanta Elena of Spain. She would move drastically up my list if she would take off her bedazzled bolero and whatever that is in her hair. I just have no words.

Co-Honorable mention: Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands. The huge ruffles around the neck is was did her in. The sparkly dark red dress was nice otherwise.

Co-Honorable mention: Queen Sonja of Norway. The enormous pleated cape/bat wings ruined what otherwise is a lovely dress.

Most disappointing: Queen Rania of Jordan. Her dress was fabulous, and she's easily one of the most stunning women in the world. But when she has access to beautiful jewelry, why would she wear only a small tiara and almost nothing else when everyone else is decked out? I guess I expected more from her.

Best Flashback of Another Era: Queen Anne Marie of Greece. The hair and dress take me back to the 80's. She didn't look bad, but just a little out of place.

Nice try: Crown Princess Mary of Denmark. The color and cut were nice, but the lace part of the dress just looked bad from a distance.

Co-Would be better in a different color: Crown Princess Letizia of Spain. In some pictures, it looked light light pink. In others, it looked nude. Either way, I didn't like her dress that light.

Co-Would be better in a different color: Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands. I don't think she has the right coloring to wear steel gray and beige. Stunning otherwise.
    Last edited by nerdycool; 06-19-2010 at 06:51 PM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post

Most disappointing: Queen Rania of Jordan. Her dress was fabulous, and she's easily one of the most stunning women in the world. But when she has access to beautiful jewelry, why would she wear only a small tiara and almost nothing else when everyone else is decked out? I guess I expected more from her.
    Ooooh, I disagree. i thought she did it just right.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

Politiking for Purple
    vCash
    More pics

My biggest WTF outfit is Mabel's (#17). A royal wedding really is not the place to try and look edgy (um, I guess that was what she was going for). Friso looks disgusted.

I thought Charlene Wittstock looked great and outglammed many of the royals.
    If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time" - Michael Giacchino, UP

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I should've guessed there was a thread also for this on FSU even though I didn't notice it until now.

Really enjoyed it! We were having a 'wedding studio and dinner thingy' just for this with a bunch of friends. Seeing the royalty is always and both Princess Victoria and his groom looked lovely and very much in love, awww.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    More pics

My biggest WTF outfit is Mabel's (#17). A royal wedding really is not the place to try and look edgy (um, I guess that was what she was going for).
    That is one ugly outfit.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Go girl!

Sophie Wessex
    Margrethe of Denmark
    Anne-Marie of Greece
    Maxima of the Netherlands
    Madeleine of Sweden
    Martha-Louise of Norway
    Mathilde of Belgium
    Tatiana of Greece
    Sophia of Spain

Oh, girl!

Elena of Spain (just the bolero, the gown itself was lovely)

Laurentien of the Netherlands (too much black/white vs. criss-cross, she looked like a walking Mondrian painting)

Letizia of Spain & Mary of Denmark (both washed out, the latter with a tit-screpancy with the lace, it was askew)

Beatrix of the Netherlands (I am almost sure she's worn that thing before)

Rania of Jordan (Dammit, what a waste! Sloppy asymmetrical and sloppy hair, not enough bling)

Sonia of Norway (doesn't she usually f*ck up her gowns with some sort of cape?)

Mette-Marit of Norway (too similar to last night's gown, except that was in "LIFE" game piece pink and this one was in "LIFE" game piece blue)

Mabel of Netherlands (Oh, GIRL! )

The bride herself was beyond words, picture perfect in every way!
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-19-2010 at 08:35 PM.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Long wait for the next course. That may be good since they'll probably cut away when it's served and we'll get the miniature golf course gang again.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnW View Post
    More pics

My biggest WTF outfit is Mabel's (#17). A royal wedding really is not the place to try and look edgy (um, I guess that was what she was going for). Friso looks disgusted.
    Oh dear. There's the worst dressed for sure. Somehow missed her the first time around.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    I should have been on my way to the grocery store 2 hours ago but I can't stop watching.
    3539 and counting.

vCash
    I love Tatiana of Greece's dress!
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    "Fantastic" is a very popular Swedish descriptive.
    3539 and counting.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Of all the mornings from my tummy to act up on me and rebel!! If I moved just the teeniest, it literally did the roller coaster thing on me. Took two Gravol and that took care of the better part of the day for me.

Which of course means I've been playing major catch up on things. Damn being on Dial Up and not being able to watch any of the videos. I really hope some of today's Wedding is put up over at YouTube by someone. It'll take forever to download for me, but at least I'll get to see it eventually.

Victoria looked absolutely glorious today. Just stunning and, as someone else already said upthread, picture perfect. Loved her dress, the bouquet and, despite much moaning and groaning over at The Royal Forums once it was announced Victoria would be wearing the Cameo Tiara today, her Jewelery. I think the big thing was that Queen Silvia wears it a bit differently and it doesn't suit her really. Victoria wore it a bit further back on her head and that made all the difference.

The new His Royal Highness Prince Daniel also looked incredable today. Quite the dapper groom.

They both look so very happy and very much in love. Adore the picture I saw over at Hello's site for the Wedding where Victoria's brushing the back of her fingers on Daniel's cheek at one point of the ceremony. Also when she's kissing his hand. The look on Victoria's face...She looks like she's about to cry, but happy tears kind of a cry.

It also hit me last night when looking at pictures from the Gala concert...Is it just me or does Prince Carl Philip have a bit of a resemblance to Orlando Bloom? It's been twigging at me who the Prince reminds me of, but it wasn't until last night I figured it out.

Still going through all of the pictures, but...Good Lord what was Princess Elena of Spain thinking!?! That looked like a Bullfighter took a wrong turn, ended up in a Gay Pride Parade and got an ambush makeover as a result!!

No...I take that back. She would have looked far better if that *had* happened!!

I wonder if during the break in the festivites the various male members of the Danish and Dutch Royal Families were furiously trying to find out the results from today at the World Cup. Both teams were playing and it was a must win for Denmark, so...Just wondering.

The pictures over at Daylife of the Crown Couples of Denmark, The Netherlands and Norway w/their elder children who were Bridesmaids/Pageboys are adorable. Little Prince Christian of Denmark looked too sweet in his little sailor suit.

Happy that Mary wore the Ruby Parure, as that's my favourite tiara out of all of the Tiaras I've seen the Royal Ladies wear over the years. This might be the first time she's worn it outside of Denmark too according to over at The Royal Forums.

The Banquet's going on now and pictures from that are up over at Daylife...

Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling's Wedding Coverage Pictures at Daylife

Oh and also here's Hello's page for the Wedding...

Hello Magazine ~ The Swedish Royal Wedding

And now I'm off to keep catching up as best I can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    Biggest WTF were you thinking?: Infanta Elena of Spain. She would move drastically up my list if she would take off her bedazzled bolero and whatever that is in her hair. I just have no words.
    It´s a redecilla goyesca - no up enough to be a piconera one, I think - and completely right for that Goyesco Bolero she was wearing. She loves to put a spanish touch in her dresses and she gets lot of thumb ups here for being so castiza (to have a traditional flair)

But I guess that skating fans being subjected season after season to fake Spanish attires can´t enjoy true stylized Spanish tradition when they see it

I Blame Virtue/Moir and Canada but beavers, I luuurve beavers, so they surely can dress and understand Spanish way

Seriously now:

I agree Letizia´s colour looked too wash up for her, the dress was ok. Queen Sofía was elegant and proper as usually, and when it comes to Infanta Cristina I´m always looking her husband so I guess she wasn´t wearing anything outrageous, her sister has the shocking act attributed.

I loved Maxima of Holland dress

The bride looked stunning, her husband is really cute and has some Harry-Potter charm about him. Her brother

As LadyNit said, tons of big hair but it was the right moment for that I guess
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    For those of us, like me, who weren't able to see the broadcast online earlier today, here's a link to the highlights of the day over at YouTube...

YouTube ~ Highlights of the Royal Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Daniel Westling

edited to add...Sweetsparky, for me, the big problem w/Elena's outfit isn't that it's Spanish in design. I actually adore boleros and my family knows if I have an excuse to wear one as a part of my outfit for the occasion, I'll go for it. However w/Elena, it was a case of just too much. The bolero would have been fine if it had only the diamond design on it, to off set the all pink of the dress, and there wouldn't have been a problem.

W/the full on Bullfighter accents on the shoulders though, it was just too much and turned what could have been a really incredable ensemble into a Hot Mess. I liked what Elena had on covering her bun though, which I know I'm in the minority of, but I did.

I didn't see Princess Mabel until earlier tonight thanks to Supper and cleaning up afterwards. Oh dear Lord in Heaven what was that girl thinking!?! Hands down, the Worst Dressed of the Wedding Guests bar none!!

Someone posted this over at The Royal Forums and knew all of you would like to see it too. It's Crown Prince Fredrick of Denmark taking a picture of his wife Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Maxima of the Netherlands.

Okay Ladies...Say CHEESE!!!

I don't know why, but that just tickles my funny bone and makes me smile. I think maybe because they're photographed all the time. Still...It is a cute picture.
    Last edited by AragornElessar; 06-20-2010 at 06:27 AM.

vCash
    It waas a lovely wedding. We had champagne in our wedding studio, and Swedish food, fish and meat balls.

Daniel completely won us over his side, he seemed so genuinely in love. They were radiating happiness. The Swedish Royal wedding is a big thing here in Finland, too. We could see it from two different tv channels, and today they will re-show the best parts.

IIRC the female bishop is not only female, she is also lesbian and married to another woman.

vCash
    Crown princess Victoria looked beautiful in her elegant outfit (WOW!!!) and Daniel was handsome. She had a wonderful tiara, which is the one that Napoleon gave to his wife Josephine (whose granddaughter married Oscar I, that is the way Bernadottes got it, as far as I have understood).

vCash
    You can watch almost the whole day on the site of the Swedish broadcaster SVT: http://svt.se/detkungligabrollopet The video that comes up when you open the page seems to be the ceremony from the arrival of the bride onwards, but there are other videos of highlights of the day below.

vCash
    The un-geoblocked videos will only be available until Monday.

Could someone please translate the sense of the Swedish portion of Prince Daniel 's speech to his bride?
    What I could understand brought me to tears!
    His joy in her, and their evident love for one another, is a beautiful thing.

vCash
    Someone over at YouTube put up Daniel's speech w/subtitles. Bless them!!

Two words. Have. Kleenex!!

YouTube ~ HRH Prince Daniel of Sweden's Speech at his and HRH Crown Princess Victoria's Wedding Banquet

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast