Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Joannie most likely won't do Grand Prix

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Sounds like GP is for sure a no. But she will compete at the Japan Open

vCash
    Thanks for sharing, Polymer Bob!

Sad she won't be competing in the GP, but I'm happy she'll go to Japan Open!

Any idea who the other competitors are?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Any idea who the other competitors are?
    Last year, the ISU-eligible and pro skaters for the 2009 Japan Open were announced in late July: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67245

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    There is a chance she could compete at the Canadian championships in Victoria in January. She doesn’t know. She doesn’t know who she will work with, although she has ideas. And if she does return, she wants to make some changes, she said, to keep her career fresh and challenging.
    I think being an Olympic medalist takes a lot of pressure off Joannie and she may be looking forward to taking more risks with her competitive skating should she decide to continue . . . maybe not hesitate so much on the 3+3 attempts now since she has much less to lose. I really wonder who her "ideas" are in terms of who she will work with now that Manon Perron is no longer an option. Her competitive future is still up in the air, but I would love to see her try for a World title! I wonder if she is considering Jeff Buttle's past coaching team, Lee Barkell, Rafael Arutunian, or Doug Leigh, to train her if she does decide to compete again? Whatever she decides, I wish her all the success and happiness in the world! YO JO!!!

vCash
    Clearly I've missed something...why is Manon Perron no longer an option?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexei'sgirl View Post
    Clearly I've missed something...why is Manon Perron no longer an option?
    See the Perron-related posts starting with #77: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...t=73422&page=4

vCash
    Oh, that's too bad.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I'd love it if she went back to Sebastien Britten - she's been amazing since, but I still think her 04/05 season with him was amazing and when she was at her best.

vCash
    Desperate times demand desperate measures: bring back Mira for the GP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    I'd love it if she went back to Sebastien Britten - she's been amazing since, but I still think her 04/05 season with him was amazing and when she was at her best.
    I thought Britten was her choreographer, not her coach. I did some research and he apparently is a coach and a choreographer. Still, I don't think he was Rochette's primary coach, but may have had an assistant role.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 06-11-2010 at 06:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    Desperate times demand desperate measures: bring back Mira for the GP.
    we are not THAT desperate (shudder)

vCash
    She makes it seem that she just wants to take a break for awhile; not surprising considering her hard year..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I thought Britten was her choreographer, not her coach. I did some research and he apparently is a coach and a choreographer. Still, I don't think he was Rochette's primary coach, but may have had an assistant role.
    Sebastien was her coach only for the 2004-2005 season with Josée Normand because Manon didn't want to train her again after she didn't train like Manon wanted it to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    She makes it seem that she just wants to take a break for awhile; not surprising considering her hard year..
    Understandably so. Aside from the physical, mental, and emotional toll of an Olympic season on home ice, dealing with a breakup from Francois, unexpectedly and tragically losing her mother, and working in her outreach to bring public awareness to heart health, she's also been on the go non-stop traveling all around the world participating in every ice show known to mankind. No wonder the poor woman is exhausted and in definite need of a break!

This fall, instead of competing, she intends to return to her education. She wants to stay at home in Montreal more. And breathe.
    Great for her! I'm glad she has an education to fall back on and she has Guillaume, her family, and her friends to keep her company.

vCash
    I wonder if she's been back to her parent's house at all? I know previously she said she's been avoiding it

vCash
    what a boring article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skateushka View Post
    what a boring article.

vCash
    It's interesting to me how Bev Smith worded this article. She says that Joannie is going to compete at the Japan Open, which means she'd either need to practice her Samson & Delilah free skate, or create a whole new program and make sure she's in decent shape by the beginning of October. She then goes on to say that since Joannie is taking the rest of this month off, that she won't have time to be ready for the Grand Prix, which occurs AFTER the Japan Open, and at least one of the events would be far less traveling (as she would most likely get Skate Canada).

I'm wondering if she's holding off to maybe see if Scott Hamilton actually has those pro competitions he has planned become a reality?

vCash
    Well, I think the Japan Open might have a very substantial and lucrative appearance fee. That attracts, as all the shows, way more than the upcoming GP season which in case Joannie continues she doesn't need to build a name or a reputation for the moment.
    I'm on the opinion we won't see Rochette compete anymore. She's never struck me as a person who strives with competition. I hope I'm wrong, though. She's the most mature lady out there today, and her skills are to die for

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast