Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post

From the interviews I've seen, the kids are homeschooled, and part of their education is to plan out, strategize and implement something. Which sounds like a good lesson. The part I have a problem with, is that her parents didn't err on the side of caution and just let her do what she planned.

I guess their lesson plan left out contingency planning in case the implementation doesn't happen according to the book report...Kind of like BP's spill mitigation plan - that said the oil would never reach the shore (and affect the walrus and sea otters in the Gulf )
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    I don't think she can be the youngest ever now - time isn't on her side. She just wants to sail solo around the world.

If her sponsors can pay for a new trip, then her sponsors can contribute to the rescue
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    She says she wants to try again. IMO, she should have to pay the rescue fee before she does. If she has the money to try that again, she has the money to pay something towards her rescue.
    Yeah, that too.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post

If her sponsors can pay for a new trip, then her sponsors can contribute to the rescue
    If the Australians or French don't ask for it I doubt anyone will cough up.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Sunderland's dad denies reality TV show plans

So, what, the story reporting it was just pulled out of thin air?

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I just read on Yahoo that there was initially a reality show planned, but that the family had backed out of it because of distaste in how it was perceived by them (i.e., that there was only interest because they thought that Abby would die on the seas or something similar)....but of course, the company that had proposed the reality show denies that.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I just read on Yahoo that there was initially a reality show planned, but that the family had backed out of it because of distaste in how it was perceived by them (i.e., that there was only interest because they thought that Abby would die on the seas or something similar)....but of course, the company that had proposed the reality show denies that.
    That's rather amusing, they had distaste for that, but sent their daughter out on the Indian Ocean alone in winter. Yeah, they've got it right. Even if the company did propose something like they claim, they let it happen.

vCash
    Sunderlands signed reality TV deal

The father of Abby Sunderland has finally admitted his family planned to cash in on the teenager’s solo sailing trip with a reality television series.

Reversing denials he made yesterday, Laurence Sunderland told CNN’s Larry King the family had signed a deal with a Los Angeles-based production company but it later fell through.
    Magnetic Entertainment also claimed Mr Sunderland had rushed the teenager’s departure date in order to fulfil sponsorship obligations.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    indeed.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    PAY UP PAY UP PAY UP then.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    anytime your child's plans include the phrase, "and then I rerouted to avoid being raped by pirates," you need to reconsider the endeavor
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    No surprise there. I think we all were waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post

vCash
    What is wrong with some parents?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345