Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Evan is doing a meet and greet in NY tomorrow w/ his OGM

http://figureskating.teamusa.org/new...36435?ngb_id=3

Jealous to all that can attend! It's taking place at a 24 hour fitness between 6 and 7 PM.

I've met Evan twice and the only advice I have is... get there as EARLY as possible!

vCash
    Thanks! That is right around the corner from where I work - I hope to get off work to go!!!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    If you do, have fun and bring back pictures!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Ryanbfan, thanks so much for the heads-up! My sister and I ended up going. It was cool. Just a meet n' greet, so no real time to chat with Evan, but it was cool seeing him in person, congratulating him on his success, taking photos and holding his shiny gold medal! I was surprised at how heavy that medal is!

My sister was more clever - she told him she was taking tango lessons (true) and would he mind posing with her in the tango hold. He was game, and she got an awesome photo, the smart girl she is!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    wow that sounds so awesome! yeah im not surprised about the no pics thing... but sometimes if you pull a fast one they'll be totally up for it

My mom and former exchange student went to meet Jenna Bush for a book signing (my mom was donating the book to my private school's auction for money for the school) and she mentioned the student was from the Netherlands. Even though no pics were allowed, Jenna wanted a pic with her so she got one! Awesome

And you are welcome for the heads up! I'm so jealous you got to hold his medal!

vCash
    Oh, I should clarify, we were allowed to take photos with Evan, I think he signed and took photos with everyone who wanted them. I just meant my sister was clever that she used his DWTS experience to get a particularly awesome shot! I just got a regular photo, although that's still cool too

Awesome Jenna Bush story! That's cool you got her book signed by her

Anyway, thanks again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    My sister was more clever - she told him she was taking tango lessons (true) and would he mind posing with her in the tango hold. He was game, and she got an awesome photo, the smart girl she is!
    Good for her! Wish we could see it!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Glad you were able to go and had a good time. Thanks for the reports.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Awesome Jenna Bush story! That's cool you got her book signed by her
    Lol, I didn't get to meet Jenna Bush. I was in school that day.

vCash

Thumbs up

Glad to know you had a good time!

I heard Evan had another M&G yesterday in WI, but there's no mention of those events on either his official website or twitter, and there's no public anouncement at all, what is his agent doing?!

Here're couple of other events that're not listed on his website:

According to Kristi Yamaguchi's recent interview, Evan will dance with Anna at Kristi's "Dancing the night off" charity dinner to raise fund for Always dream foundation. It'll be hold at SF Hilton on June 19.

Evan will also walk the red carpet at the world premier of Disney-Pixer's 3D movie "Toy Story 3" in LA on June 13.

If FSOwebmaster reads this message, could you please update Evan's schedule on his website, especially the M&G with fans? Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post
    Glad to know you had a good time!

I heard Evan had another M&G yesterday in WI, but there's no mention of those events on either his official website or twitter, and there's no public anouncement at all, what is his agent doing?!
    That might explain why the line wasn't as long as I would have expected. Maybe 50-75 people, no more than 100 I would say.

vCash
    I went also. I've met him before, and this time, it was all about the medal. Took a couple of pictures holding it, which is much heavier than you'd expect. I told him that I was going to be at Nationals this year and asked him if he would be and he kind of looked up at a woman who was possibly his agent? sort of asking her if he could answer the question and said something like, i don't think so.

vCash
    wow I love this part! wish we could see this photo one day

btw, I always think that gold medal looks like Lays chips...

vCash

Thumbs up

Here's a GREAT blog about Evan's M&G with fans in Chicago yesterday. It's a private event for FlexJet clients, so nothing is publicized. Sounds like everybody at the event had tons of fun with Evan!

http://chicagohopeful.blogspot.com/2...with-star.html

Ice Skating with Star

some of my favorite quotes:

Evan is the most down-to-Earth, nicest person/celebrity ever. At times he acted so normal, I forgot he was even famous.

... as I started to fall forward, someone was at my side to help balance me. When I looked and saw it was Evan, I nearly fell over again, this time because, well, it was him. Prince Charming for sure.
    When I explained my special stopping move to him, he laughed and mimicked me, adding a couple fancy swerving moves to it. I called him a show-off and when I tried to copy, he had to help me from falling again. ... We skated the rest of the lap together. I told him it made my year.
    We had a couple of other encounters that afternoon, like when he signed a photo for me. When he was finished, I asked if he'd like me to sign something for him in return. He thought it was a great idea, and asked if I could make it out to "Evan... that's E-V-A-N." He is not only handsome, but he also has a sense of humor.
    Many thanks to Kim for sharing this awesome experience with us! <3

vCash

Thumbs up

About the NYC M&G

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Lysacek takes another victory lap in New York
    Olympic champion hits gym, meets fans

Tranquillo
    vCash

vCash
    Bwah! I love how his gold medal looks like it's almost all the way to the ground on that little girl.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    That's an great picture! She looks so adorable.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Evan and Cheryl Burke at the Toy Story 3 premier. Evan tweeted that Cheryl and one of the other DWTS dancers did some choreo, although I'm not sure what choreo there is in an animated film. I'm just fascinated by Cheryl's shoes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Evan tweeted that Cheryl and one of the other DWTS dancers did some choreo, although I'm not sure what choreo there is in an animated film.
    There's some extensive dancing in the new Toy Story. Here's some footage of Cheryl and Tony Dovolani working with the Toy Story animators. (I think that's the right footage. It's geo-blocked here, but the article makes me think it's the same thing.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast