Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Personally I find the idea horrifying. I watched one episode of the Grease reality show because I figure if I'm going to criticize a thing, I should have at least seen it. The two people cast to play Sandy and Danny weren't particularly appropriate for the roles. They were a far cry, from what I saw, from the best the show probably could have gotten by casting in a traditional manner. Some things are far better handled by a smart theatre people than by popular vote.
    I thought Laura Osnes made a fantastic Sandy. She's actually playing the lead in "South Pacific" on Broadway until later this summer. Max Crumm, on the other hand, had a very weak voice and IMO couldn't pull off Danny well at all.

vCash
    My first thought was that Jennifer Hudson would be great.

vCash
    I'm a huge Christina fan but not sure I could see her doing this. (Let alone would she want to.) BTW did anyone see her on Letterman the other night? What was up with her voice? It sounded all reedy and different to me.

Sutton Foster
    Hmmm, now that her name came up - is she already too old for it? I have a soft spot for her, she grew up nearby and was in the local community theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    Here you go. One of the most iconic movie moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_g3kkGH8Mo
    Funny Girl ended up being one of the vids I checked out of the library this week. I watched just that scene/ sequence about 3-4x in a row. Great song, wonderful visuals. (Although, having skimmed the unauthorized Babs bio several years ago, I couldn't get out of my head that she and Sharif really did ... Well, I guess she did just about every one of her male costars except Redford. )
    Last edited by TalentedButHumble; 06-12-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Because I *always* have more to say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    I think the TV show had good ratings, but the revival of "Grease" ended up not doing so well...
    The revival did well... played more than a year. The other show that was done was the Search for the New Elle Woods for Legally Blonde.

vCash
    Lea Michele will not be able to do the revival. Unless Glee is declines quickly in popularity and is cancelled by 2011. There is no way Fox is going to allow the star of there hit show out of her contract for a year. At best she will be a temporary replacement during summer hitaus.

4 More Years
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PAskate View Post
    My first thought was that Jennifer Hudson would be great.
    Jennifer Hudson might have the voice, but she certainly isn't right for the part. Fanny Brice was a Jewish girl from the Lower East Side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nalgene View Post
    If they're going to find an unknown, why not do a reality tv show search for the next Fanny? Canada has done it with the Sound of Music, and the UK recently did it with the Wizard of Oz. I don't think the US has produced a show like this yet, surprisingly.
    They did it with Oliver! in the U.K., too. I was never able to see the production, alas -- I've only heard the cast album and seen YouTube snippets -- but as far as I can tell, Jodie Prenger was a fantastic choice for Nancy.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    They could TOTALLY make it part of Glee for Lea to go to Funny Girl... she could still do parts of the show- cross promotion. She leaves school to go play the part... the show gets free publicity, she gets a Tony nomination, and she gets the show much press. And based on the Tony performance tonight, I would say that she is lobbying for it.

vCash
    It could be possible that Lea will have "graduated" high school by 2012 and not have as big of a role on "Glee" after that. If they continue making each season the equivalent to a school year, and she was a sophomore this season, she would be "done" by spring 2012....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12