vCash

Kelis "Flesh Tone" (New Album)

It's out and I am really sad about it bombing.

It's a far departure from her previous R&B style so it was definitely a risky undertaking, but it's an absolutely wonderful pop record which deserves a far bigger appreciation, IMO.

A friend of mine said that it sounds like a Daft Punk album. Maybe not exactly but it's electronic and dancey, nothing like the music Kelis used to do in the past.

I am very much into electronic music and it hits all the right spots with me. A perfect record for the summer.

Video to first single from the album, here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8D9x...os=L76FGKLUqkA

(If Vevo blocks it where you are just search for 'Kelis Acapella' on YouTube)

vCash
    Who didn't love Milkshake?

vCash
    Thank you for posting this, Ziggalicious! I had no idea she had new music out, but I love this video and look forward to listening to the rest of her songs......I listened to her previous cd Tasty like nonstop when it came out. There was some amazing stuff on there.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I've heard some great things about this album but I just can't stand electronic music or dance music. I can barely tolerate it at the clubs so I certainly don't enjoy listening to it when I don't have to.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I listen to an online radio station from the UK (95.8 Capital FM) on Delicast.com and they seem to play this song a lot. I had no idea that it was Kelis - I thought that it was a UK singer (and I can now why it's popular there as it sounds kinda European).

I like the song and I am pleasantly surprised that it's Kelis (although the baby feet sticking out the sides of her in the video sort of freaks me out a bit).

vCash
    Somebody should have told her that you can only get urban & country played on the radio in the US.

vCash
    'Acapella' is a great song ...curious to hear the rest of the album!

btw, judging on the basis of the first single, it's a really radical change from this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I've heard some great things about this album but I just can't stand electronic music or dance music. I can barely tolerate it at the clubs so I certainly don't enjoy listening to it when I don't have to.
    I can relate to that because most clubs play terrible music. Usually crude remixes of popular hits or just a simple repetetive head-thumping beat.

Electronic music scene contains much more sophisticated stuff too.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's out and I am really sad about it bombing.
    It's only been out five days. We must give it two weeks before we officially call it a bomb.

My most FAVOURITE Kelis song is "Caught Out There":

I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW....I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW....AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I like Acapella, I've heard it out at the clubs a few times, in between Miley Cyrus "Can't be Tamed" and Britney's "Overprotected", ugh. (alright, that last one might have been requested by me, )

Curious to hear the rest of the album. I loved Tasty, there's so much more to that album than Milkshake. In Public is soooo dirty, therefore I love it.

Her last album wasn't as good although it has one of my very favorite songs from the past decade, Lil Star.

vCash
    The second single from the album "4th July (Fireworks)" is out now.

Another great summer anthem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9_JWxzXq0I

(It's VEVO so might not work for everyone but you can easily find it somewhere else on YouTube)