Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think I saw one photo of Joubert and another man standing at the boards with their hands in the air choreographically, so perhaps that is it.

I was just wondering if there were any more recent photos of Brian. I'm curious to see what the little stud-muffin is up to this summer.

vCash
    The interesting thing about that information is that we will be looking at two very different Flamencos. My hope is that Najarro is not going to replicate what he did with Lambiel ( which would be quite impossible in any case), but will accentuate Jeremy's and Brian's strengths.
    Flamenco is difficult amd demanding and daring, so I look forward to seeing both programs. Hope it opens new sides of both Jeremy and Brian. Truth be told, I was getting very tired of constant techno music of Joubert. I am still sad he did not perfect his " Mohican " program. Maybe "Flamenco" will show a new side of Brian while retaining his considerable sex appeal. As for Jeremy, I am an uber and I think he can do justice to any music. Hope he can be happy doing it- his skating is usually rather inward ( which I love), and Flamenco has to be both- hope he " brings it" next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Observer View Post
    I was just wondering if there were any more recent photos of Brian. I'm curious to see what the little stud-muffin is up to this summer.
    Brian was at the MotoGP in Le Mans an bought a new bike. Here are photos:
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=ru&tl=en

vCash
    Brian's lp will make it Wilson

Page 6
    http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...ede_Juin10.pdf

Thank to Ollynn by found it

http://ollynn.livejournal.com/106647.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calica View Post
    Brian's lp will make it Wilson

Page 6
    http://www.ffsg.org/salle_de_presse/...ede_Juin10.pdf
    Thanks for the link, full of news !

vCash
    The weight of the anticipation... truly suffocating... LOL...

This thread always makes my day. Thanks to all for the interesting news.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    It says that Najarro has made an intense artistic work with Brian getting a program full of intensity and with an artistic and gestural dynamics completely innovative for Joubert
    I won't believe it until I see it.

Title-less
    vCash
    From Jeremy's twitter:
    Antonio comes this evening. Very excited to start choreography for the new season! Always exciting to try new things!

Title-less
    vCash
    From Jeremy's twitter:
    Bye Bye Antonio... I still need help! lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I won't believe it until I see it.
    You may not be able to see it. Denkova/Staviyski also made such an attempt with his LP last season, but all the choreography disappeared during the competitions.

vCash
    For example, with Brian, he is manlier on the ice, he is strong. That makes my task easier because flamenco men are always very virile and masculine. But it's harder for him to work on movements. Jeremy is more ductile, more fluid. For him it’s more difficult to be strong, but on the other hand he is capable of doing more complex choreography, like move in a very different way, with contemporary movements. For him I made the choreography very rich with movements, while for Brian I did something simpler, but stronger.
    My choreography is complex and it's very hard for them to assimilate all the movements at once. So with Jeremy and Brian, I will work with them again in August and maybe also just before their competitions start.
    There is a huge difference in skating and style between Jeremy and Brian. So I know the programs will be completely different though obviously you will see my touch. I know they will compete against each other and I will help both of them. And because they are different, they will show different choreographies so people won't say: "Oh, we don't know [who to choose], they are exactly the same." And by the way, by chance they are both doing the short program with me and the long program with David Wilson.
    Jeremy’s music is also from one of my shows. For Brian it's Malagueña, a very different version with metal guitars, very strong. He showed me the music and asked my opinion, and I liked it. So Brian chose his own music.
    Take Brian, for example. For me the timing to work with him was perfect, because he started to become more open. I was really, really happy with his work. We were in the studio about two hours a day, and he was listening, listening, and trying, trying. Amazing! It was a good experience.
    From Antonio Najarro's interview on Absolute Skating

vCash
    Does anybody know what Jeremy performed in Sun Valley yesterday? Any new programs by chance?

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Wait . . . so both Joubert and Abbott are using both Najarro and David Wilson for their choreography this coming season. What a funny coincidence! Kat and Deb gave us The Battle of the Carmens, Boitano and Orser gave us The Battle of the Brians, and now Abbott and Joubert will give us The Battle of the Dueling Choreographers . . . should be fun and exciting!

vCash
    Thansk for posting the Najarro interview link, reut!

Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Does anybody know what Jeremy performed in Sun Valley yesterday? Any new programs by chance?
    No, I heard he reprised "Gotta Get Through This" (Daniel Bedingfield) and "At This Moment" (Michael Buble).

vCash
    Thank you Reut!
    Thank you Sylvia!
    No music reveals from Jeremy yet. Waiting with bated breath.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I thought this was interesting:
    Skating fans are always judgmental. They see Brian Joubert, who is more of a solid skater, and they immediately say: "No, no, he can't do this".
    I'm not sure the judgment is that he can't do it, but that in the end he won't do it and will simplify the programs.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I'm not sure the judgment is that he can't do it, but that in the end he won't do it and will simplify the programs.
    That's exactly it. And it's exactly why Abbott and Joubert can use similar themes and choreographers and look very different on the ice. Brian has limits to what he's willing to do. Happy to be wrong, but what I expect:

Jeremy will be very body conscious. Tension in the right places, but will present a more elegant line that incorporates the whole body. He will probably have costuming that's inventive and may include purples, reds, golds...any of the above. We'll see a better array here.

Brian's program will be more tension and intensity than anything. The theme will be carried off with energy more than choreography. Think "Plushenko". Lots of hip movement, staring down the judges and dramatic stops with hands clasped above his head or framing his waist. Formulaic. Inventive footwork but little else. Costume is guaranteed to be in black with either gold or red accents. If I see anything else I'll be shocked.

vCash
    There is a new Jeremy article at icenetwork.
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

SP Viejos Aires by Ensamble Nuevo Tango
    LP The music from the movie "Life is Beautiful"

Wilson says Jeremy was his last choreography for the season.

vCash
    Excellent Najarro interview! He made some really interesting points.

Thanks for sharing.

vCash
    Life is beautiful I can't wait to see this program!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast