vCash

New dance couple Kolbe/Caruso

After there were rumors about a tryout some weeks ago now it is official. Tanja Kolbe will skate with Stefano Caruso. I'm really happy for her after all this stuff about sexual abuse in connection with her ex partner Sascha Rabe. Now finally she can go her own way and concentrate on competitions again.

Both will compete for Italy. Don't know if this is the better decision as there are other strong dance couples and it will be difficult for them to get international competitions.
    (by the way, what about Alessandrini/Vaturi? Will they skate seniors?)

Both will obviously train in Detroit.

Here's a short article, in German and without many information...
    http://www.handelsblatt.com/magazin/...talien;2596708

vCash
    Thank you, this is great news! I am so happy Stefano's talent will not be wasted. I think he's a very good dancer. I wish them both well!
    Last edited by ostile17; 06-08-2010 at 01:51 PM.
    Support Daisuke, join Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi

vCash
    Yay!! I was sad about both of their previous partnerships ending, but Im not sure about them representing Italy either. The field is crowded there at least until FS retire. In Germany they would only have the Hermanns to overtake which is a more easy task...

OH well I'll have to make up my mind who I want to see the most at Euros.. hunky Vaturi or cutie Caruso

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Yay!! I was sad about both of their previous partnerships ending, but Im not sure about them representing Italy either. The field is crowded there at least until FS retire. In Germany they would only have the Hermanns to overtake which is a more easy task...

OH well I'll have to make up my mind who I want to see the most at Euros.. hunky Vaturi or cutie Caruso
    Me too. I like both, Vaturi and Caruso.
    Well, in Germany there's also Frohberg and Giesen
    But maybe the Italian Fed wanted to keep Caruso as he has a lot of potential. Plus, I guess it is the better choice for them when it comes to support (and maybe money)...

vCash
    What about coaches? I saw the word Detroit in the German article...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice.dance.girl View Post
    What about coaches? I saw the word Detroit in the German article...
    Just went through the few articles that exist...but there were no coaches named, only that they will train in Detroit.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm hoping for Krylova/Carmerlengo.

I'm glad Caruso will be skating again and that Kolbe has found a voidy partner.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Alessandrini/Vaturi have to compete as Seniors, since Lorenza is 19 and Simone is 21.

vCash
    Actually Tanja Kolbe and Stefano Caruso are going to skate for Germany.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A chance to see Caruso again

Another wish for Krylova/Camerlengo.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icedance56 View Post
    Actually Tanja Kolbe and Stefano Caruso are going to skate for Germany.
    Must be a really recent change than as the first German Team listing had Tanja listed as released to another federation ... I am happy for her eighter way!

vCash
    Yes it's very recent, appende a couple of days ago.

vCash
    Well in Italy they will definetly be considered the #4 team while in Germany the top team spot is empty right now.

I dont know how much of chance they had to pass over AllessandriniVaturi for the 3rd spot at Euros but Still I think it was better than defeating all of the german teams (Hermmans,FrohbergGiesen,ZhigansinaGaszi) and get the only GER spot.

vCash
    Well it's not only about Euros but international competitions where the can gain points and show themselves. Germany gave them already four competitions as far as Stefano competed last year untill september (Oberstdorf) and Italy wouldn't give them any still december because Tanja have competed untill that day for Germany.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If they skate for Germany, there are Nepela, Finlandia, Coupe de Nice, NRW, Ice Challenge 2010, and Golden Spin that count towards the required minimums before Euros and Worlds. If they skate for Italy, Golden Spin, which starts 9 December, is the only competition before Euros that has a dance competition.

vCash
    Not even Golde Spin. She was free from the 17th of december. Now they've assigned NRW, Ice Challenge, Pavel Roman and DM Oberstdorf. So no way skating for Italy was the solution.

vCash
    Does anybody know what Sascha is going to do? Did he retire? I didn't read anything about it in the German newspapers but maybe I missed it...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Does anybody know what Sascha is going to do? Did he retire? I didn't read anything about it in the German newspapers but maybe I missed it...
    He is studying and currently doing a semester in Zurich. He has retired though

http://www.zeit.de/sport/2010-09/eistanz-doensdorf-rabe