Watch me move
    vCash

ISU Creates Working Group for International Adult Skating

http://adultrecognition.blogspot.com...t-skaters.html

This sounds like it could be a good thing, as long as whatever comes out of it acknowledges that adult skaters have a wide variety of skill levels, and any competitive structure needs to accommodate that in a way that is as fair to everyone as possible.
    Last edited by overedge; 06-07-2010 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added link with more complete info
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    This is not new - they have recognized adult skating since 2003 I think it is and hold an ISU international competition each year in May or June in Obertsdorf. The wording of the announcement is perhaps unfortunate, but it was meant to advise of the new members of the group.

However, the fact that so many people didn't seem to know about the working group before means they didn't get the word out, so I guess better late than never!

vCash
    So much of what goes on in adult skating is word of mouth. Unless you know someone who knows someone, then you will never find anything out. Fortunately I am someone who does know someone so I am in touch with what goes on here. Plus being involved with the associations in Australia helps.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.