Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    To me Amelia Earhart's was abducted by aliens and put to sleep and will be found in the 24th century by USS Voyager and be part of the 'New Earth' 70 thousands light years away.

Finally! someone talking sensibly

vCash
    Can't we get Hodgens and Bones to work on this?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Wait - how long does it take a dead body to decay until the bones are exposed, factoring in high tropical humidity?
    I don't recall precisely how long, many factors are involved in body decomposition, but high humidity is one of the factors that makes the decomposition go faster. Also the fact the body wasn't buried made it vulnerable to necrophagus (sp?) animals. So I'm guessing it was pretty quick.

vCash
    A science thing I watched a few months ago measured the amount of time it took a deer carcas to decompose in a humid enviroment similiar to the Fl. everglades,and it didn't get totally down to bones,but by a few weeks,it was unrecognizable.all traces of fur were gone.So,I'd say it'd be a matter of a few months.
    Coconut crabs would be a factor as well as the rats.Saw an episode of Man Woman Wild and those things are mean,they can snap off a finger like nothing.You have to be very careful in trying to catch/kill them.

vCash
    What an awful way to go.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Amelia Earhart was abducted by aliens and put to sleep and will be found in the 24th century by USS Voyager and be part of the 'New Earth' 70 thousands light years away.
    That's option 1. Option 2, as anyone who's seen or read Drew Hayden Taylor's Only Drunks and Children Tell the Truth, is that she's been alive and well and living on an Ojibwe reserve all this time.

JMO of course.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123