Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    I have Verizon and won't leave it, so I have on order the Droid Incredible. Can't wait for its arrival, and I'll post my thoughts after I get it and have it figured out. It's my first foray into 3g.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    OMG this new phone will have video calls, HD video camera, Netflix. I don't know how anyone even makes a case that the blackberry is better. Like others have said, AT&T is the only drawback. But they're making it so you can get data plans for around $15 for 250MB. WiFI usage doesn't count towards that
    Fair warning - don't even think of using Netflix or streaming Pandora over 3G for long on a 200 MB (not 250 I believe) plan. I netted close to 10 MB in 24h when I visited Toronto a couple weeks ago, and that was with consciously limited use and zero streaming. You do the math. That plan only works if you're virtually always around wifi.

Myself I'd definitely go for iPhone over BB, the Incredible if on Verizon and the Evo if on Sprint...but ITA that you need to check out the phones for yourself. One thing I will give BlackBerry is that it's great as a messaging phone (texts, email, tweets/facebook updates) with better notifications than the iPhone, but the web browsing, multimedia and app catalog is just too poor in comparison to the other platforms IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    I have Pandora on my Droid - love it. I don't think that it drains the battery any more than on other phones. I charged it about an hour before we went on a 2 hour walk (where I had Pandora playing the whole time.) About 4 hours later, I connected it to the charger just to see how much drain happened. It is at 70% before starting the charge.
    Thanks, Numbers. I've been reluctant to download it because I was concerned it would eat up the battery and/or memory space. But, I don't know how the memory space on the phone works. Does it take up much space when not in use? I suppose it can't be too much of an issue since so many people have Pandora on their phones.

Motorola is apparently coming out with two new Droid versions. One is the Droid/Xtreme, which seems to look like the original Motorola Droid, but with a full touch screen and no sliding keyboard. Might be worth waiting for for a Verizon customer who wants a Motorola phone more like the iPhone. The second is Droid 2, which does have the slide out keyboard like the original. I don't know what they've done to the Droid 2 as far as improvements.
    Last edited by cruisin; 06-09-2010 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    Any blackberry users download the latest version of Opera Mini. OMG, it sucks! And now my menu freezes so I can't go to my bookmarks. Anyone know how to uninstall the latest version (5.0) and re-install the previous version (4.2). I suspect the new version was done to accomodate touchscreen users. Boo touchscreen. I like my keyboard and I have really fat fingers!

vCash
    I don't find Opera all that great anyways, either version. I tend to use the native browser more often than not. I'm rather hoping for some big improvements with the native browser once OS 6.0 is up and running, whenever that happens.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123