Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    OMG this new phone will have video calls, HD video camera, Netflix. I don't know how anyone even makes a case that the blackberry is better. Like others have said, AT&T is the only drawback. But they're making it so you can get data plans for around $15 for 250MB. WiFI usage doesn't count towards that
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
    OMG this new phone will have video calls, HD video camera, Netflix. I don't know how anyone even makes a case that the blackberry is better. Like others have said, AT&T is the only drawback. But they're making it so you can get data plans for around $15 for 250MB. WiFI usage doesn't count towards that
    The problem for me, though, is that AT&T coverage is not great.

I want an iPhone

vCash
    AT&T's 3G coverage is craptacular outside of metro areas. There's nothing slower than waiting for a web page to load from their old Edge network.

As for ViPhone, the barrier is Verizon's CMDA network. Apple doesn't want to make a version of the iPhone with substantially different guts. It makes upgrades like iOS 4.0 very costly for Apple. Watch for news of Verizon's 4G network. Once it's in most of the major cities, look for Apple to start offering an LTE phone.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I don't know how anyone even makes a case that the blackberry is better.
    I don't think morally I could bring myself to buy an iPhone and give Apple any $$$ after the suicides at Foxconn this year.

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news...-95762944.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliona22 View Post
    I don't think morally I could bring myself to buy an iPhone and give Apple any $$$ after the suicides at Foxconn this year.

http://www1.voanews.com/english/news...-95762944.html
    Foxconn also manufactures the Blackberry, as well as components in most consumer electronics from alarm clocks to calculators to remote control cars. They are a very difficult company to avoid if you want to purchase any electronics.

vCash
    Foxconn only makes a few components for RIM, and have been involved with them for less than a year. Apple is one of their biggest customers.

vCash
    OMG this new phone will have video calls, HD video camera, Netflix.
    Wow, Netflix on the iPhone? Pretty amazing. Not sure I would do that, but it all sounds very cool.

A friend of mine has a Blackberry and an iPhone and he complains constantly about the Blackberry. I have an iPhone and you would have to pry it from my cold, dead hands to get it away from me. I agree, AT&T's coverage is not as good as Verizon's coverage, but the reception on my iPhone itself seems better than my previous Verizon phones (last one was a Razr). I use my iPhone for email, some limited web surfing, to look up directions or menus or things like that, to tag songs with Shazaam, to take pictures, and occasionally play games. Oh, and to make phone calls. If you are going to use the phone only for calls and texting, you don't need an iPhone.

Edited to add: I just watched the video on Apple's web site. OMG it looks amazing! I'll be looking forward to upgrading in February...
    Last edited by sk8pics; 06-07-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I was going to post a thread on this topic today actually and used search and violà!

I want to get a new cell phone, mine is three years old. I'm in Canada and my provider (Rogers) offers both types of phones. Rogers is affiliated with AT&T in the US, and I travel there frequently and would like to have a phone where I can easily check email, text, IM, facebook, twitter, instant messating, and browse the web.

vCash
    Love my iPhone. My dad and brother both have BlackBerry Curves, and while they like the phone, it isn't as intuitive. iPhones have got to be just about the easiest thing in the entire universe to use. If I needed to download documents, I would have more strongly considered BB, but I use my iPhone mainly for calls, texts, and web browsing. Love, love, love the touchscreen; when I pick up a BB, I'm constantly touching the screen, forgetting it doesn't work that way. Love the apps for iPhone; I have many frivolous ones, but also a lot of useful ones. Would never give it up.

I'm with Telus in Canada, and haven't had any issues with them (other than the fact Telus iPhones won't work in Saskatchewan until July). They also have US data roaming plans now, but IIRC they aren't as good as the ones you can get through Rogers/AT&T.

vCash
    I have a Blackberry and absolutely love it. I had the iPhone 3G for awhile, and the programming went haywire once (the phone would turn on, but was just a white screen), was fixed by Apple, and then flat-out broke a few months later (wouldn't turn on at all) and had to be replaced (which they did). I'm not a person who's particularly hard on her technology, so this was a bit annoying, although I have to hand it to Apple and say that they have excellent customer service. I have the BB Curve now, and it's perfect for me. I have apps and everything, and it's not as pretty as the iPhone, but it works better for me.

As a side note, as far as the cost thing goes, Virgin Mobile (which is now running on the Sprint network, I think) just announced a few weeks ago that they're now offering the BB with a plan starting at $25 a month (unlimited texting, internet, BBM, 300 minutes), which is pretty incredible when you look at how much iPhone and some other BB plans cost per month.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstars View Post
    As a side note, as far as the cost thing goes, Virgin Mobile (which is now running on the Sprint network, I think) just announced a few weeks ago that they're now offering the BB with a plan starting at $25 a month (unlimited texting, internet, BBM, 300 minutes), which is pretty incredible when you look at how much iPhone and some other BB plans cost per month.
    Is that a data plan or the entire phone & data plan?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Love my Palm Pre but the new iPhone is looking good, if only they had a real keyboard. I can't handle the iPhone's keyboard. And also there's the issue of AT&T. Lots of dropped calls in my area.

Also, noticed that peeps who update their Facebook status via iPhone sometimes get several copies of the same status, sometimes even 4 of them. And Facebook PM also get doubled and tripled occasionally for the users of the iPhone. Weird.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    That's interesting about facebook. I did want to say, though, that it seems like they use the same facebook app no matter the phone. A friend of mine updates with her Blackberry but it says it's posted from her iPhone. The first time I saw that, I very excitedly responded to her post, but she said, no, she still had her blackberry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Love my Palm Pre but the new iPhone is looking good, if only they had a real keyboard. I can't handle the iPhone's keyboard. And also there's the issue of AT&T. Lots of dropped calls in my area.
    I mentioned, up thread, that I have a Droid. I got the Motorola one, because it has an actual keyboard, in addition to a virtual one. I figured that I would use the actual keyboard more, because I have nails. I got used to the virtual one very quickly and now, never use the actual one. AT&T is a whole other issue though. If you want to avoid AT&T, the Droid does almost everything the iPhone does, and it's Verizon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post

I want to get a new cell phone, mine is three years old. I'm in Canada and my provider (Rogers) offers both types of phones. Rogers is affiliated with AT&T in the US, and I travel there frequently and would like to have a phone where I can easily check email, text, IM, facebook, twitter, instant messating, and browse the web.
    You can't go wrong with a BB, Droid, iphone etc for the above. It really is a personal preference. My advice is go to your wireless store and play with the phones and see how you feel using each Qwerty keyboard, touchscreen, operating system etc. BlackBerry varies dramatically from the Iphone in that sense.

I LOVE my iphone, but I also really liked the Droid when I had a chance to fiddle with it. I hated the Storm when I used it. The difference in touchscreen capability, speed, ease of use and quality in general vs the iphone was

On the other hand, the beauty of BlackBerry is that they have a lot of toys to play with. My roomie has a Blackberry Tour and it's fab.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I just got the HTC Evo 4G, I know it is Sprint so it is not international, but the phone is fab. It can do everything an IPhone can and then some.

The only issue I have is battery life, but the good far out weighs the bad (there are car chargers, wall plugs, and powered USB connections everywhere I go in the US). I can look at ANYTHING on the web, including video using Adobe Flash. Sprint's data plan is the most reasonable of all providers. This phone could replace my laptop. I just love it.
    Last edited by bardtoob; 06-09-2010 at 12:30 AM.

vCash
    Well we have 12 Verizon lines (broadband cards and phones)

I have had the Droid for about a year................LOVE IT. Got one for Mr, Axel....who cannot use a tv remote....and he loves it and even uses lots of apps.

A few months ago I got a Blackberry Tour. Use the BB for my business stuff....it has made my life magic. Business operates through an exchange server. I was able to hook up the Email myself, and set up filters so I only get the emails I need (business gets thousands of emails a day....so seeing just what I need is great). BB is wonderful.

For fun I got the HTC Incredible on Thursday.....on the day my daughter's water broke, and I made a madcap drive from SF to LA with a phone I couldn't use....I thought I would shoot myself. It does not have a slide out keyboard...and I have long nails...but it is kind. there is a learning curve.....but it is wicked fast.

I am holding my 4 day old grandson WHOOPPEE! Excuse typos.

So it is really preference.

I had the BB in my pocket yesterday and had Pandora going while I cooked. What a world.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    I had the BB in my pocket yesterday and had Pandora going while I cooked. What a world.
    Do you have Pandora on your Droid? Does it kill the battery?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Do you have Pandora on your Droid? Does it kill the battery?
    I have Pandora on my Droid - love it. I don't think that it drains the battery any more than on other phones. I charged it about an hour before we went on a 2 hour walk (where I had Pandora playing the whole time.) About 4 hours later, I connected it to the charger just to see how much drain happened. It is at 70% before starting the charge.

As I understand it, all cells are supposed to have universal battery chargers now, for whoever mentioned the chargers advantages of ???.

vCash
    I tried both before I bought, decided on the iPhone and have never regretted it. I love my iPhone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast