vCash

Wedding anniversary gift-giving

My parent's 25th wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. My sister and I both still live at home, and we have bought gifts for them. Do we give them on the day, or at a dinner out they have arranged for a couple of days beforehand?

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice dance View Post
    My parent's 25th wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. My sister and I both still live at home, and we have bought gifts for them. Do we give them on the day, or at a dinner out they have arranged for a couple of days beforehand?
    If it was me I'd make them a fancy breakfast on the day and give them the gifts then. Congrats to anyone who loves for that long.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Congrats on your parents being married that long.

The breakfast idea sounds very nice. Or take them out to breakfast.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Is the dinner just for family or a larger group dinner? Personally, I'd prefer to give the gift in a smaller, just family setting. If you are doing a breakfast celebration (or even a champagne celebration) on the day itself, you may want to mention it to your parents at the time of the dinner so they don't think you just forgot or aren't doing anything.

We're in the process of planning a family celebration for my parents 57th anniversary this year.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    The dinner is for our family (parents, my sister, and me) and another couple (good friends of theirs) and that couple's son. My sister and I hadn't really thought about a breakfast out celebration on the day as we live half an hour away from town. I'm sure we can do all the cooking on the day, though.
    We're both fairly clueless about what is expected/appropriate.

Congratulations Garden Kitty to your parents long marriage!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Did you each get your own gifts? Or split and buy a couple gifts together? If it's the latter it might be nice to give one present at the dinner and then save another for the actual day - but if you each bought your own gifts that might be weird.

Congrats to your parents!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    We paid half each for a silver clock/photo frame for dad and a silver cake stand for mum.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Those are nice gifts, I'm sure they'll be pleased
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry