vCash

The Stella Awards 2009

Yes, it's that time of the year for the Stella Awards! anthillonline.com/stella-awards-2009-rewarding-human-stupidity

vCash
    Sorry, those are fake.

http://www.stellaawards.com/bogus.html

I'm not sure whether it is this time of the year, too.

vCash
    Oops! My friend where I got this information from the next day informs me that it was an urban legend. Well, it was a good chuckle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Oops! My friend where I got this information from the next day informs me that it was an urban legend. Well, it was a good chuckle.
    It was. However one of them reminded me of a true incident, that happened at my wedding reception.

My father's cousin was standing next to the dance floor sipping a drink. She spilled her own drink, stepped on the ice cubes, slipped and fell, and hurt her back. An ambulance was called, she was taken to the hospital. She sued the banquet hall, where my wedding reception was held. I don't know how much she got, but she did win.

Another family stupidity story. My father and his wife (not my mother) were at some hotel, where they have activities and contests. There was a hula hoop contest. My father's wife, who is a complete klutz, uncoordinated, and an idiot, decided to enter it. About 5 seconds into the contest she lost her balance and fell, whacking her little head on the floor. She sued the hotel, and won. Who would have thought the hotel would need consent forms and hold harmless clauses for a hula hoop contest?

Appalling isn't it? But it's also pretty