Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Where would Sasha have landed in Vancouver with her SP performance @ 2010 Nats?

She wedged herself in between Mirai and Rachael at Nats [who both made the final group], with little comp time. Figuring that she could've refined it a little more, where do you think this performance would've landed her in Vancouver?

vCash
    Not too high, I'm afraid. She probably would have done well in the SP -- maybe 4th or so? -- but dropped significantly in the LP. A good SP score might have kept her in the top 10, but I can't say even that for sure. I love her and I wish she could have pulled off a return, but I don't think she had the physical or mental strength at this point.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Where does Sasha usually land?

vCash
    I think her SP from Spokane would have landed her in 4th place in Vancouver, right behind Rochette. I can't imagine her jumps would have gotten very good GOE, and to be honest, I think Rochette would have edged her on PCS too.

As far as an overall result, I would say anywhere from 8th-10th place, maybe even a bit lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    oh not this again...she said at the very beginning that she hoped to get "a medal" in Vancouver. That Sp may have given her a decent shot at Bronze but it would have required her to skate the FS of her career, most likely. That's based on how there were 0 falls among the final group of LP skaters.

ETA: In discussions like this, one is always assuming a LOT. That she would have actually made it to Vancouver (i.e. not WD due to injury), that she would have skated the same, that other skaters would have skated exactly the same...not to mention if she made the final group, that would have kicked one of the skaters out of it, which might have affected the scoring, etc, etc.
    Last edited by RD; 06-05-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    That was my initial thought...*coughduffcough*
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I am guessing 4th perhaps. Then dropping like a stone in the LP to about 9th or 10th. I cant see her getting through a clean long program by any miracle in Vancouver as she clearly wasnt anywhere near fit or prepared enough even by Nationals so close to the Games (plus her history). I dont think she would have beaten Rochette in the SP when Rochette ended up only a couple points behind Asada's clean skate with a triple axel combo. Also I am pretty sure Sasha's SP score would have been lower than Nationals for even an improved skate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am guessing 4th perhaps. Then dropping like a stone in the LP to about 9th or 10th. I cant see her getting through a clean long program by any miracle in Vancouver as she clearly wasnt anywhere near fit or prepared enough even by Nationals so close to the Games (plus her history). I dont think she would have beaten Rochette in the SP when Rochette ended up only a couple points behind Asada's clean skate with a triple axel combo. Also I am pretty sure Sasha's SP score would have been lower than Nationals for even an improved skate.
    I was also guessing 4th just ahead of a somewhat wonky Ando. I mentioned the SP specifically because in this phase of the comp, she would've been competitive and that makes for an interesting discussion

vCash
    In any case I am glad the U.S sent the 2 they did to the Games as both finished better in the end than I think Sasha would have.

Banned Member
    vCash
    3rd
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    7th in the short, behind Mirai ahead of Kostner. Sasha would have gotten an edge call for her lutz which she didn't get at nationals (though clearly she flutzes) and her other jumps were tight and possibly two-footed, she wouldn't have garnered much +GOE.

vCash
    Not sure. 4th or 5th in the short, I guess, but she would have dropped in the FS, maybe even out of the top 10 (not overall - just in the FS).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    7th in the short, behind Mirai ahead of Kostner. Sasha would have gotten an edge call for her lutz which she didn't get at nationals (though clearly she flutzes) and her other jumps were tight and possibly two-footed, she wouldn't have garnered much +GOE.
    I think I agree. I don't see how they would have put Sasha ahead of Mirai, who skated very solidly. But Mirai and Kostner were only separated by tenths of a point, so to squeeze Sasha in between them would have been impossible unless they had scored Kostner (and those below her who were also separated by fractions of a point) lower, which could have affected the overall point totals. So who knows where Sasha could have finished overall, but I doubt it would have been anything more than barely squeaking into the top 10.

vCash
    Into the hands of David Pellietier.

Jk

vCash
    I was hoping Sasha would make the team. But no.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    I'm still confused over how Ando and Flatt placed 4th and 5th given their lackluster SP performances in Vancouver, so perhaps Cohen with her technically shaky skate could have managed 4th somehow with that very forgiving tech panel during the Olympic ladies' SP. IMO, Miki should have placed 5th or 6th and Rachael 7th at best in that SP.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MOIJTO View Post
    3rd
    You must be smoking crack. No way would she have beaten Kim, Asada, or Rochette given what the 3 of them laid down that night. All 3 of them were seriously on and fully deserved their rankings! All 3 can jump circles around Sasha and her weak jumps.

vCash
    3rd, possibly 4th.... but i can't really see her being put behind rochette, just cuz she's sasha cohen and i think they'd make her PCS higher and the goes on the SpSq and spins higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    3rd, possibly 4th.... but i can't really see her being put behind rochette, just cuz she's sasha cohen and i think they'd make her PCS higher and the goes on the SpSq and spins higher.
    You make it sound like she is some huge name at this point. In the U.S maybe she is but internationally she is a skater who had been retired for 4 years and in her prime couldnt even win a single major title. She is not some huge name as a World Championship-less skater coming back after a quadrennial retirement in a field that contained 3 recent World Champions (a title Sasha never won) and 2 recent World silver medalists (Sasha's highest ever medal).

Even at her own Nationals where it was later revealed that NBC basically made the USFSA almost promise Cohen went to Vancouver barring something drastic, the U.S judges still placed her behind Nagasu without a triple-triple in the SP for that skate.

As for PCS, the PCS the top 3 got in Vancouver were actually much higher than Sasha in her prime even got, and much higher than Sasha at her own Nationals even got.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast