Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    As for the nips, that has happened to me...I have the type that doesn't need the cold to appear under my clothes. I have fought this my whole life by wearing padded bras or nipple covers, but have not always been successful. And there have been times that I didn't know they were showing until I got to work.
    Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only female in the world that nipple covers don't always work. And I also do not need to be cold to have unfortunate problems with clothing.

vCash
    I don't think double standards have anything to do with it.

Clearly, the nipply shirt is provocative, as are the skin tight skirts.

The best way to avoid the nipple issue is to button your jacket so said nipples don't pop out.

My cousin is even bustier, and always wears a jacket at work whick is fitted well enough to cover everything, not too tight, yet still flattering, so I'm rejecting the whole too busty to not pop out/can't find anything but dowdy clothing argument. Since most offices are kept at a frigid temperature, summer heat shouldn't be an issue as to why one can't wear a jacket.

I worked in an office with a woman with the same "problem". Everything was always one or two sizes too small, enough cleavage to fit a NYC apartment into, and she insisted on wearing tank tops/camis. She also complained when male co workers couldn't help but look. I'm female and straight, and couldn't help it, either.

I'm of the opinion that this woman simply wants attention. I don't like having to dress in boring "dowdy" clothes for work, but it's required, I need to work, and my co workers deserve the respect of not seeing all my stuff outlined or hanging out.

Too many people playing the victim card. Suck it up and buy modest clothing in your size, or go work at Hooters if you want your nipples poking out. We all have choices, and in 2010 I find it unbelievable that a person can't at least google what is considered proper business attire.

P.S. I also worked with a man with a huge uh, bulge which he emphasized by wearing the tightest fitting, light coloured pants he could find. I found it very distracting, and hard to look him in the eye when speaking with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    I don't think double standards have anything to do with it.

Clearly, the nipply shirt is provocative, as are the skin tight skirts.

The best way to avoid the nipple issue is to button your jacket so said nipples don't pop out.
    maybe in this picture, but a suit jacket isn't always appropriate attire. Like when I am at the gym or out on a casual date with DH. See my previous about my issues

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    maybe in this picture, but a suit jacket isn't always appropriate attire. Like when I am at the gym or out on a casual date with DH. See my previous about my issues
    Aren't we talking about appropriate attire in an office? What does the gym or being out with your husband have to do with it?
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Other than the fourth picture (the pink top and white skirt), all of those would be considered more than professional dress in any of the places I've worked, at least for my body. The outfits look like they could have come from Ann Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    As one overly-endowed woman to another (even though I'm guessing she paid for hers), it is a bummer when others get to wear things that we don't, but different body shapes do make an impact. I have coworkers who can wear Camisole tops with spaghetti straps to the office, and it does not look inappropriate. I can't.
    I think this true. The outfits she wore would be totally fine on me in any business setting. If I were to wear them, they wouldn't draw attention to my breasts because I barely have any But when she wears them, they fit very tightly and thus draw attention to her large breasts.

That's something slim women with very large breasts run into a lot. (And lest people conclude they must be fake, I know a thin girl with huge breasts who ended up having a reduction. Comments that they must be fake were very hurtful to her.) Many shirts and dresses that fit comfortably everywhere else are tight around their chests, but if they were to wear something not tight around the chest, it would be too big everywhere else.

In addition, it's not just what you wear but how you wear them. There's a big difference between wearing what she did and sticking her chest out and clearly using her looks to flirt with guys; and wearing what she did and not trying to use her looks to her advantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    Aren't we talking about appropriate attire in an office? What does the gym or being out with your husband have to do with it?
    It seems that I took the
    following my post of
    Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only female in the world that nipple covers don't always work. And I also do not need to be cold to have unfortunate problems with clothing.
    out of context

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    It seems that I took the

following my post of

out of context

Ah - well if you're on a date with your husband your nipples should be standing at attention in anticipation of the night to come.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    A lot of her troubles might have been solved by just going up a size. For office attire, when in doubt, lean conservative. This makes the choice pretty easy between a shirt that stretches across the chest (and accentuates its size) vs a shirt the next size up. The first outfit would have been more conservative with a slightly larger shirt. The second outfit (black wrap dress) is also easily fixed that way. The size she has, her chest is straining against the fabric. If she goes up a size, she fixes that problem, and since it's a wrap dress, if the next size up is too loose around the waist, she can just cinch it tighter around the waist.

vCash
    If the boys can't keep their minds on their jobs, perhaps they are the ones who should be fired? It's not like the woman was openly fellating a co-worker in a hallway. She was wearing a business suit.

Somehow, I think there is more to this story than the woman is letting on. But if there's not, the men being distracted have no excuse other than a failure of their own brains (or other organs).

vCash
    I didn't state an opinion about what people are wearing to the gym and other non work activities. I really don't care what others wear to work, as long as it doesn't affect me. Nipples and boobs and man bulges don't bother me, but they don't belong at work in most cases. They can and do create a tense work environment.

My last office had not just a page, but a booklet specifically detailing what is and is not acceptable attire. I never bought the excuses from the women who chose to flaunt it, bacause we were required to go over it with our manager, and sign a copy of it. I've worked at three large corporations, and they were all extremely specific about attire. It's likely that this woman was well aware of the corporate dress code.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    Many shirts and dresses that fit comfortably everywhere else are tight around their chests, but if they were to wear something not tight around the chest, it would be too big everywhere else.
    It's called a tailor. As a short girl, I am familiar with them because I have to get all my pants hemmed. A busty girl could get a shirt taken in.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    deleted
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    It's called a tailor. As a short girl, I am familiar with them because I have to get all my pants hemmed. A busty girl could get a shirt taken in.
    I almost always have to have clothes altered, hemmed or taken in. Not that I am busty or anything but I am pretty short. It's a drag but what's a girl to do?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    deleted (how did my post get posted 3 times??) I must have stepped away and Mini Ice is around...

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I didn't state an opinion about what people are wearing to the gym and other non work activities.
    I'm sorry for my misunderstanding the statement.

vCash

My last office had not just a page, but a booklet specifically detailing what is and is not acceptable attire.

I find this quite interesting because I've worked in a few offices in my day, and never had instruction on what not to wear except for an understanding that jeans and very casual wear was not welcome.

Can I get some idea on what would fill up a booklet?

And yes, I understand what formal business corporate wear is , I was just wondering on the specific wording in the booklet.

vCash
    Asked about JP Morgan Chase -- her new employer -- not liking the fact that she continues to do interviews regarding the alleged discrimination she suffered at her old job, Lorenzana's lawyer Jack Tuckner said they'd sue them if she gets fired.

"Even if she didn't come on this show, she's already violated their code of conduct," he said.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/f...9yKRppqdYx8flO

I'm guessing she has an agent by now and will appear in a realty show by the end of the year.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post

And yes, I understand what formal business corporate wear is , I was just wondering on the specific wording in the booklet.
    2 of my last 3 employers have written dress codes that are pretty specific for each type of clothing and accessory, 1 had artist renderings. I never save them but maybe I will be getting another one soon, they seem to resurface in summer time.

I'm sorry I dont remember a lot of details but my favorite was on those homemade t shirts people wear that say stuff like "RIP Shortie 1976 - 2006." HR does not care for those.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't think she's sexy at all, but I sure do think she's trying hard to look sexy and seductive.

vCash
    I don't think nipples piercing out of one's blouse is appropriate for work.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast