Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zowie View Post
    Why not "breasts" on a stick?
    Because it sounds like an entree at your local Applebee's?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I guess you'd have to ask her.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    "Secretary" is a catch-word for "No career, low salary female, not what we're trying to be".
    Well, this secretary is one of only 2 people in the company I work for who is working a full 40-hour/week schedule, as opposed to everyone else who is only on 35 hours. That's because I am covering 3 positions: my original one that I started with back in 2002, the receptionist's who went out on sick leave a year ago May, and my boss's assistant in the Credit Dept. who quit at the end of April. I also run back-up/fill-in for Billing and Accounts Payable, so I have enough work to sustain me for a full 8 hours/day. I can do more tasks than the people I work with who have throwing a snit about it, people who only do one job for the company, and whose task list is a lot shorter than mine.

Albany Business Review ran an article recently about how companies who are keeping receptionists/admin. assists. on the payroll are broadening their roles within the workplace by giving them more tasks to perform. I am all for that, because it can only work to the employees' benefit. When/if they do decide to switch employers, they will have a much larger skill set than when they started out.

/off topic

vCash
    I don't know, Zowie. Debralee specifically said she wanted to be "tits on a stick". Came out of her mouth, I simply quoted her.

vCash
    Those were Debralee's words, not leesaleesa's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Because it doesn't rhyme?
    So Prancer's a poet and I didn't know it?

vCash
    Well, "tits on a stick" isn't any more of a rhyme than "breasts on a stick."

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Dessert at Applebee's is "Sugar Tits on a Stick."
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Between gummy bear breast implants and tits on a stick, this thread is taking a seriously disturbing turn.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicElle View Post
    Between gummy bear breast implants and tits on a stick, this thread is taking a seriously disturbing turn.
    Why are gummy bears implants disturbing vs. saline vs. the traditional silicone? Or are breast implants disturbing to you in general?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Why are gummy bears implants disturbing vs. saline vs. the traditional silicone? Or are breast implants disturbing to you in general?
    I'd say it's associating something cute and yummy like gummy bears with breast implants.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    I'd say it's associating something cute and yummy like gummy bears with breast implants.
    That has never occurred to me. I find the description apt but then I am used to medical terms like peau d'orange.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    Exactly. My mind goes to weird places on Friday afternoons.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    So Prancer's a poet and I didn't know it?
    More like Debrahlee is a poet and you didn't know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Well, "tits on a stick" isn't any more of a rhyme than "breasts on a stick."
    To my ears it's a heck of a lot closer. YMMV.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    'Hot' banker says sacking breached rights

A New York banker who alleges she was fired for being too attractive has now claimed her sacking is a breach of human rights.

Debrahlee Lorenzana, 33, has called on the New York Division of Human Rights to investigate her claim that she was forced to leave Citibank because her male coworkers found her too distracting.

New attorney too, I see.

vCash
    Sorry, double post.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    New attorney too, I see.
    Gloria Allred, attorney to...pretty much anyone in the news.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Does Gloria never want to be taken seriously again?? She must really need $ these days.

vCash
    Where I work we have a dress code and it specifically mentions items of clothing that may be deemed offensive by others. She did not dress in appropriate business attire and was released. She is making a big deal out of it for the same reason that she dressed inappropriately for work, attention. I remember when I first started working a 22 year old fresh out of college girl showed up to work wearing a transparent shirt that completely exposed her bra. She was promptly written up and sent home for day without pay. One of the males in our office mentioned that he kinda felt harassed by that. Which leads me to the next point, dressing provocatively in the office can be construed as sexual harassment in some cases. She very well could have violated someone else’s rights with her actions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Also, the whole argument is extremely insulting to secretaries/admins. "Secretary" is a catch-word for "No career, low salary female, not what we're trying to be". But I heard it over and over where I worked and where I went to school.
    Where I worked the entry level office position was Office Clerk with designations like clerk I, clerk II, etc. The title Secretary was a much higher position & was considered management & usually had some direct reports, such as the clerks. These people usually wore power suits or cami/skirt with jacket AND high heels. Most of them went on to higher positions.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast