Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 250
  1. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,486
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow. So someone who has an accent doesn't sound educated? Maybe stupid even? Deaf? Wow.

    Look aroud you. There are plastic surgery clinics or whatever they call themselves practically on every block now. SOMEBODY's keeping them in business. Look how many women you know that have had boob jobs. They aren't necessarily pretty women, just women who want to fill out their swimsuits or clothes better. Some want larger ones to attract attention, sure. But if Debralee was an average looking woman, would anyone care?

  2. #202
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,162
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46915
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Wow. So someone who has an accent doesn't sound educated? Maybe stupid even? Deaf? Wow.
    Since everyone who speaks has an accent, I doubt that is what anyone is saying, as that would be stupid and uneducated.

    I find her intonation and speaking pattern rather odd; that has nothing to do with an accent or intelligence, per se, but could be the result of growing up bilingual.

    What makes her sound uneduated and stupid is not the voice, however; it's what she says. And oddly enough, one of the common characteristics of women who have breast augmentation is poor education; women who have breast implants are also at higher risk for suicide, alcoholism and drug addiction. This is not the result of having breast implants;correlation is not causation. But there are indications that there is definite correlation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Look aroud you. There are plastic surgery clinics or whatever they call themselves practically on every block now. SOMEBODY's keeping them in business. Look how many women you know that have had boob jobs.
    I don't know anyone who has had a boob job, or any elective plastic surgery--or if they have, I don't know about it. I know one person who was always talking about getting a tummy tuck, but she's never gone through with it. OTOH, I don't see plastic surgery clinics on practically every corner, either.

    Do you know a lot of women personally who have had boob jobs? It's really not all that common.

    I think the reason people care is that she filed the lawsuit; otherwise, no one besides a handful of people would have noticed her. And no one would know she had had a boob job if she hadn't a) allowed it to be filmed and b) gone public with her accusations.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  3. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    833
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Sometimes you have to show initiative and be aggressive.

    How do you know she didn't do that?

  4. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    833
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
    This doesn't surprise me at all. It's always the same kind of people who get their names out in the media like this.


    It's true...but it is the media then that should be faulted for only reporting these stories.
    Last edited by zowie; 06-11-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: fix grammar

  5. #205

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,788
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36617
    Quote Originally Posted by zowie View Post
    It's true...but it is the media then that is to be for only reporting these stories.
    Or maybe the media reports on these stories because people buy the reports.

  6. #206
    Quadless
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Celebrating the power of Pooh
    Posts
    15,037
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    43699
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I find her intonation and speaking pattern rather odd; that has nothing to do with an accent or intelligence, per se, but could be the result of growing up bilingual.
    Her accent and intonation is very typical of New York Puerto Ricans, IME. Go to the Bronx and you could find hundreds of women who speak exactly like her.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

  7. #207
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,982
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    39317
    Yeah, I hear accents exactly like hers every time I go to NYC.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  8. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    833
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Or maybe the media reports on these stories because people buy the reports.
    Well, that's like saying the never ending news reporting of Anna Nicole Smith was because people wanted it.

  9. #209

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,673
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Wow, the venom in some of these posts surprises me. In Texas it is not (pick your derogatory adjective here) to dress like she does for business (not the tightness but the clothes themselves) & it doesn't mean you have a subordinate position. All the upper mgmt women I've ever worked with dressed much more stylish than their subordinates & they all but one wore high heels to work. The exception was my direct mgr who had plantar facia (sp?) & had to wear sneakers.

    I'm not defending her but this thread is starting to sound like

  10. #210

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,788
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    36617
    Quote Originally Posted by zowie View Post
    Well, that's like saying the never ending news reporting of Anna Nicole Smith was because people wanted it.
    Again, if it's not going to sell, it's not going to be a big story. Enough people watched/read/showed some interest for the media to make money.

  11. #211
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,162
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46915
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Yeah, I hear accents exactly like hers every time I go to NYC.
    Yes, her accent doesn't sound at all odd.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  12. #212

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,472
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21476
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    If you buy clothing in the proper size, it will always look good and never tight.
    That's not true.

    Some styles of clothing will look bad in the proper size if they are designed for different body types. Not everything looks good on everybody, even if it's the right size.

    And some styles of clothing will look tight (close fitting, "painted on") when they are the proper size because they are designed to do so. Whether those styles are appropriate professional attire is another question.

  13. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,486
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Someone had mentioned that her way of speaking or accent or whatever reminded them of the way a deaf person sounds when they speak (someon like Marlee Matlin).

  14. #214
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,162
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46915
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Someone had mentioned that her way of speaking or accent or whatever reminded them of the way a deaf person sounds when they speak (someon like Marlee Matlin).
    Yes, someone did. And she has a rather atonal, poorly enunicated quality to her speaking that does sound something like the way a person with hearing loss speaks. That has nothing to do with an accent.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  15. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    625
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    True. I certainly didn't think she needed that procedure either. Her first boob job looked very well proportioned to the rest of her.
    Yeah, but she wanted to be "tits on a stick".

    She's at the age where she's going to be considered "old" by her blue eyed trophy Ken dream husband. Now that she's infamous, she won't be able to lie about her age, either.

    I feel more pity for her than anything else at this point.

  16. #216
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,128
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34921
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Wow, the venom in some of these posts surprises me. In Texas it is not (pick your derogatory adjective here) to dress like she does for business (not the tightness but the clothes themselves) & it doesn't mean you have a subordinate position. All the upper mgmt women I've ever worked with dressed much more stylish than their subordinates & they all but one wore high heels to work. The exception was my direct mgr who had plantar facia (sp?) & had to wear sneakers.

    I'm not defending her but this thread is starting to sound like
    I am all for looking your best AND professional at work. And for the most part, IMO this woman does. I really like some of her outfits actually. She looks great. I was one of the first posters on this thread to say so.

    However, some background information has emerged that makes me question her motivation. She sounds like an attention seeker (not just with her clothes, which would be fine) but with her publicity campaign. If she lands a Playboy shoot and her 15 minutes of fame, good for her but that appears to be the motive. Unfortunately, women like her give well-dressed professional women a bad name, a situation I complained about here.


    ETA: Thanks, mpal2.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 06-11-2010 at 05:29 PM.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  17. #217

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    9,269
    vCash
    567
    Rep Power
    3372
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    ETA: Hey, why do I have an exclamation point on the left upper corner of my post? I didn't click anything that I am aware of. A bug?
    You probably accidentally clicked on the icon below the post before submitting it. It's right above the preview post button and could be easy to select.
    "Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

  18. #218
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,207
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    But I never talked about clothing suitable for a date.
    I understand: I was trying to explain to you that the thinking against high heels is that women in business believed that high heels on Wall Street mean you were dressing for a date.

    The issue is not high heels objectively, although tall women who wore high heels of any kind were considered out of their minds, for other, sexist reasons, but the ones they noticed, which were the very high fancy heels. It's like the "I know how XYZ people always act" argument: it's only based on what one notices, and one assumes what is noticed is the whole picture.

    Also, the whole argument is extremely insulting to secretaries/admins. "Secretary" is a catch-word for "No career, low salary female, not what we're trying to be". But I heard it over and over where I worked and where I went to school.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  19. #219
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    833
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Yeah, but she wanted to be "tits on a stick".

    She's at the age where she's going to be considered "old" by her blue eyed trophy Ken dream husband. Now that she's infamous, she won't be able to lie about her age, either.

    I feel more pity for her than anything else at this point.
    Why not "breasts" on a stick?

  20. #220
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,982
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    39317
    Because it doesn't rhyme?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •