Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Failing her snatch
    vCash

Bank Worker Sacked For Being Too Sexy

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/ban...#ixzz0pnJIWWH2

I especially like this bit:

The single mother said “that other female colleagues wore similar professional attire”, and that some dressed far more provocatively, the papers say.

But her bosses said that those women were unattractive and did not count.

She was also told that “as a result of her tall stature, coupled with her curvaceous figure, she should not wear classic high-heeled business shoes, as this purportedly drew attention to her body in a manner that was upsetting to her easily distracted male managers”.

Poor male managers!

Here she is:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...KI?photo_num=1

Well, she's very attractive, hope she takes them to the cleaners. Maybe there's another side to it though.
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Um.. is that an example of something she wore? Because she's got a very different definition of "business attire" than I do

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    Um.. is that an example of something she wore? Because she's got a very different definition of "business attire" than I do
    That depends on what profession you are talking about! She does look like a certain kind of "professional"

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Nice nip action there - if she buttoned the blouse on top of the white leotard it would be fine though.

The 3rd outfit was nice, the last one looked more like party attire than work, but it looked very nice on her, but the first 2 photos? As one overly-endowed woman to another (even though I'm guessing she paid for hers), it is a bummer when others get to wear things that we don't, but different body shapes do make an impact. I have coworkers who can wear Camisole tops with spaghetti straps to the office, and it does not look inappropriate. I can't.

it doesn't really matter though - if her boss was idiotic enough to say she can't wear high heels, or that her coworkers could wear sexy clothes because they aren't attractive, she probably has a case.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    The last outfit is a bit OTT for an office, but the rest of them seem fine to me

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    Ok so Citibank say it was a performance issue that caused her sacking. I can believe that, Im sure some sexual harassment was at play here too, so what better way to publicise your case when you are than to pose provocatively in the press?

http://blogs.forbes.com/work-in-prog...im-or-villian/
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I agree that other than her nipples showing through and that one outfit with pink top and deep cleavage, she looks fine. The latter is great for a night out. She just needs to button up her jacket in the first few pictures. I love the pencil skirts and the grey top one as well as the black dress. She looks great.

I could see them telling her to cover up the nipples but other than that the management appears to have been inappropriate.
    Hope she wins if what she says is true.

genevieve, I don't think spaghetti straps are appropriate in the office setting regardless of cup size. Not in my office, at least.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I love the pencil skirts and the grey top one.
    The outfit with the grey top was the only one that I would say is appropriate to wear when working in a bank (I did work in a bank for 2 years and we had a definite dress code). The rest are either too tight (black dress and B&W outfit) or way too much cleavage showing (white skirt/rose & pink top).

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Now I can't get the "I'm too sexy" song out of my head.

Karina1974, I think if she buttoned up the white jacket, she'd be fine. The dress is fine too IMO but agree that the pink top with the white skirt is best saved for the night on the town. Cute top, btw.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Now I can't get the "I'm too sexy" song out of my head.

Karina1974, I think if she buttoned up the white jacket, she'd be fine. The dress is fine too IMO but agree that the pink top with the white skirt is best saved for the night on the town. Cute top, btw.
    Yeah, if those are examples of the type of outfits she wears to work, she needs a lesson on the fact that she is supposed to be promoting the bank's services, not her chest size.

I'm surprised they didn't explain to her during training what constitutes proper vs. improper/unprofessional attire. First thing we went over in teller training was the rules and regulations, and that included the dress code. I doubt that the bank I worked for would fire someone right off the bat, but the employee definitely would get a bad write-up during a job review.

vCash
    That white top is a good example of why bras are your friend.

And the silky pink top is a good example of why push-up bras with a low-cut top are not your friend. Unless your "profession" is something a little more, uh, customer-intensive than banking.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    As one overly-endowed woman to another (even though I'm guessing she paid for hers), it is a bummer when others get to wear things that we don't, but different body shapes do make an impact. I have coworkers who can wear Camisole tops with spaghetti straps to the office, and it does not look inappropriate. I can't.
    Very true. I can wear fairly low cut things that would look downright hoochie on a well-endowed woman because I barely have boobs to speak of. It may not be fair, but hey, at least you girls have something to show off on nights out!

That said, I think the 2nd and 3rd outfits were okay. Pink one WAY too cleavage-y and the first one....where's your bra, woman? There's a part of me that thinks she's doing this for the attention too. Just the way she carries herself.

vCash
    If she wasn't dressing according to the company dress code, they should have instructed her to do so. . .though I don't know if not doing so would be grounds for firing, but it would at least make the company seem far more responsible.

The way the story is written it sounds like the issue was her attractiveness in the clothes she wore, not the clothes themselves. She indicates that other employees wore revealing clothes. In which case the company looks totally in the wrong and the poor men who were distracted by her look like idiots (yes, men can control themselves).

But it's also possible that she was fired for reasons of performance and is just stirring up a fuss, I suppose.

vCash
    "I'm too sexy for this bank, too sexy for this bank ......"

Years ago someone I know won a big case against a bank that employed her because she was able to prove sexual discrimination. She was a manager amongst male colleagues and they really did treat her very badly with name calling and being spoken down to. Plus overlooked for promotions.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    II thought the outfits looked fine, but are these what she really wore to work, or some of her more conservative ones? For all we know,she may have worn mini-skirts with hooker heels and tops lmore like the sheer white with no bra, or that pink evening top.

Where I worked at years ago, one of the well-endowed secretaries, even though she wore a bra, still had her headlights exposed. The manager called her into her office and suggested she put band-aids on them if her bras weren't hiding them.

Personallly, I think someone felt threatened or jealous by her good looks, and wanted her out of there. I read another article where they moved her to another department where her job then entailed all telephone work, for which she didn't have the experience. Then they declared her incompetent and fired her.

Hope she had things well documented.

Banned Member
    vCash
    She needs to learn what conservative banking attire is, nipples al la mode is not!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    According to her lawyer, they told her not to wear anything that was properly fitted, including properly tailored business suits and turtlenecks. I think the pink top is beside the point once that's been said to an employee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    According to her lawyer, they told her not to wear anything that was properly fitted, including properly tailored business suits and turtlenecks. I think the pink top is beside the point once that's been said to an employee.
    Yes, I was quite skeptical of the whole idea, this part of the article really struck me:

She was told “she must refrain from wearing certain items of clothing, in particular, turtleneck tops, pencil skirts, fitted business suits, or other properly tailored clothing,” the suit says.
    If that is actually true, what on earth was she supposed to wear? I guess she was supposed to buy clothes a couple of sizes too big and wear those???

vCash
    Marilyn Monroe wore turtlenecks in a few movies...and she was still considered the hottest thing around. This banker lady was covered up (for most of the pictures shown at least). She can't help that being fully clothed she looks curvier than say a b-cup/coltish/lanky/lean girl would in a similar outfit.

I had a general manager tell me once that a sleeveless turtleneck I wore was innapropriate...I pointed out the slender/less curvy/a cup coworker in the cami tank top (I'm pretty sure without bra)on the other side of the room and asked if he had spoken to her about the amount of skin she was showing on her chest. Needless to say he backed off. I was fully covered, and it was not skintight. Can't help how I filled it out. My direct supervisor (female) stood by my side when I told her the "GM (male) had called me on my turtleneck, and she was subordinate to him!

As a more well-endowed girl...I have to wear padded bras to hide the "cold" effect, although most of the heavy duty supportive box bras that fit better, are unpadded. :0( If I buy something the right size for my body, I will always look "busty". Sometimes I have bought larger, but then it flops around my middle and the sleeves need to be rolled up at the wrist. As for this lady not always having button tops buttoned, I actually have to buy x-large button shirts if I don't want them to pull apart/stress at the buttons on the chest. But then I look stupid because the shoulder seams are halfway down my arm. Granted, the pink top is pushing it (and she really should pad up the nipples for colder days), but overall her outfits looked fine. She was covered up.

vCash
    I get the double standards issue, but I can think of many curvy women who succeed in dressing elegantly for work without being too sexy. The outfits in the pictures do look like they are designed to attract attention to the women's figure.

Sexiness is more an issue of attitude than of clothing though, so it's very difficult to say simply from an outfit if the woman was being procative in the workplace.... Judging by her attitude in the pics, she certainly knows how to be so.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast