Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lclevers View Post
    Does anyone else think Jaime Sale is aging badly? Look at her face when she's not wearing heavy makeup....sorry but it doesn't look good and I think she looks a LOT older than what she is. When I look at her something stands out about her that is not flattering. Her face kind of looks aneorexic and wrinkly. Although, when she's performing on the ice and has all that professional skating makeup on her, she does look much better. Perhaps, David has lost interest in her because of this and has fallen out of love with her...it would make sense why he's with Tessa now.
    :

Of course!! She's looking older so he lost interest, fell out of love with her, and found himself a prettier, younger gal.

:

If she had been smart she would have just have had some work done and then they would still be together. Don't all women know that botox is the key to ever-lasting love?

Though David Pelletier is starting to look a bit wrinkly and non-youthful himself. Isn't he fortunate to be among the one-half of our species that doesn't have to perpetually beautiful?

vCash
    Does anyone else think Jaime Sale is aging badly? Look at her face when she's not wearing heavy makeup....sorry but it doesn't look good and I think she looks a LOT older than what she is. When I look at her something stands out about her that is not flattering. Her face kind of looks aneorexic and wrinkly. Although, when she's performing on the ice and has all that professional skating makeup on her, she does look much better. Perhaps, David has lost interest in her because of this and has fallen out of love with her...it would make sense why he's with Tessa now.

I don't understand why the media is covering it up. Do you think if it was made public during the Olympics, it could have made it harder for them to win gold? It's not fair that the media plays out other celebrities personal lives on national TV, why not the same for Tessa and David? Let me guess, because they are media darlings in the skating world? If I were Jaime I'd tell the media about their relationship to avoid looking like the bad apple in the marriage. A lot of people already dislike Jaime, the divorce will give them even more reason to hate and blame her. But I can understand why she would stay silent and that would probably be for the sake of her son. What the hell is Tessa doing with David anyways? I wonder how Scott and the rest of the skating world feel about this, knowing that Tessa is involved with David. Makes you wonder if she's as sweet and innocent as the media makes her out to be....doesn't look like it now.
    Jamie still looks beautiful and young, I totally disagree. I hope that's not the reason for their break up, but with rumors of David going for such a younger woman, who knows. Leaving your wife and child based on looks is no excuse for leaving a marriage, that's as superficial as it gets. I'm tired of so many being so obsessed with aestethics. When you have a baby, that child comes first no matter what and you try to do the best you can to save that marriage for the child's sake.

As for the media covering up scandal because they're afraid to tarnish Tessa's image, I would agree with that opinion.

vCash
    This thread has all the potential to become a trainwreck.

Not surprised about the news, actually, it was pretty much common knowledge for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DickButtonFan View Post
    As for the media covering up scandal because they're afraid to tarnish Tessa's image, I would agree with that opinion.
    Are you shure Tessa and David are together? In all case, he was along, she wasnt a reason of this divorce/ I dont see any problems with Tessas image

vCash
    [QUOTE=Japanfan;2781128]:

Of course!! She's looking older so he lost interest, fell out of love with her, and found himself a prettier, younger gal.

:

I mean I could be totally wrong, I was just saying she looks older and could be a factor in the divorce. David would never admit it but his actions speak for themselves. Even if they both decided it was over 18 months ago, I think he could have made a wiser choice and started dating someone closer to his age. We don't see Jaime dating Scott or anyone 15 years younger than her . I don't think Jaime is ugly, but I was just stating the obvious, she looks noticably different than 8 years ago. If Tessa and David were to still be together 10 years from now I bet she'll be in the same position Jaime is in now. David will be done with and over her just like his 2 previous wives. He can't stay committed. If you think back even during their skating years it was well known that their partnership had been rocky at times. I think they even split up once before they got married. I also remember an interview after they had gotten engaged in which David had made a comment about hoping the marriage would last but nothing is for certain (something like that) and then Jaime yelling, "It better!" I think their relationship was mainly based on their skating partnership and their Olympic Glory. They were young and had accomplished something no other Canadian pairs skaters had ever done; win an Olympic Gold Medal. Their entire lives they had been working to fullfill that dream and they did it. At that time, what more could they have asked for? They were in love but probably for the wrong reasons and perhaps their love was centered mainly around that gold medal.

I hope David didn't cheat on Jaime but then why else would they be divorcing? They had been through hell before experiencing a horrible scandal that played out in the media. The stress of marriage and raising a child should have been a walk in the park compared to other things they've experienced. They've been seperated for the last 18 months, which means they must have not been getting along well even before then. Still, it doesn't make sense that David would leave his wife and child and hook up with Tessa, just because his life was stressful. I thought he knew there'd be ups and downs considering he'd been married once before. It does kind of look fishy and makes you wonder if he really dumped Jaime for a younger girl. If Jaime was moody and mean to him, it's still no excuse...she's always been that way and he still married her. So, he can't use that as an excuse; face it, he had to have cheated.

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by igniculus View Post
    This thread has all the potential to become a trainwreck.
    The wheels have already come off if you ask me.

Not surprised about the news, actually, it was pretty much common knowledge for a long time.
    This.

vCash

I think their relationship was mainly based on their skating partnership and their Olympic Glory. They were young and had accomplished something no other Canadian pairs skaters had ever done; win an Olympic Gold Medal. Their entire lives they had been working to fullfill that dream and they did it. At that time, what more could they have asked for? They were in love but probably for the wrong reasons and perhaps their love was centered mainly around that gold medal.
    Hey, you forgot us!

- Barbara Wagner and Robert Paul, Canadian Olympic Gold Medalists in Pairs, 1960

vCash
    I'm not sure at this point they should even skate together after what I've seen this season. David looks truly unhappy on the ice: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...943271&fbid=42 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=429252273271 and there's more photo evidence through out the CSOI tour! It's sad to see what they have become. I was so hoping they'd be able to work it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    I think Tessa is way to classy and smart for David Pelletier.
    I think David is a bit of a douche too, and after finding out that he left his wife for another woman, he's not the type of guy I would want to be with.

But I admit that he can be sexy sometimes, and perhaps it is that French sexiness that some women can't resist.

vCash
    Now I'm laughing how naive some of you were when in some old thread you hysterically squalled that it couldn't be true about Tessa and David, and you knew it for sure, and she was an angel which couldn't be involved in a relationship with a married man who was 15 years older than her and bla bla bla
    Seriously, it's time to wake up from your pink dreams and expectations about your sweethearts and face a life what it is. Really it looks like the majority of this board are teenagers.

vCash
    :d I don't think Jaime is ugly, but I was just stating the obvious, she looks noticably different than 8 years ago.
    Sweetie, all of us look noticably different than 8 years ago. I can't believe that I am commenting on this.

Before this thread becomes a totally train wreck, I will write that I was sorry to hear about this. I will not cast judgement because no one leaves a broken marriage undamaged. Mostly, I feel for their boy.

vCash
    For those that aren't or haven't been married (yet) .. it takes two to contribute to any marriage breakup.

I wish them the best, a divorce is never, ever easy especially when there is a child involved.

vCash
    Does anyone else think Jaime Sale is aging badly?
    No, not really.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    To be fair, he's been separated from Jamie for a year and a half, so it's not quite as skeezy as if he was stepping out on her, though he's supposedly also been with Jessica Dube in that time (IIRC from he's the real reason she and Bryce broke up...)
    I thought David was with Sasha Cohen, not Dube (pre-Virtue).

Banned Member
    vCash
    Marriage is hard work, it takes understanding, patience, respect, compromise and commitment.

Its easy to forget these things and its easy to take for granted. Divorce is hardest on the kids, I hope that Jamie and David have the ability to remember this with their actions, decisions and words to each other.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Oh now you are just purposely being funny, right?!?!

Ladies - there is more than one straight man in the skating world. Spread the love around, he shouldn't get it all!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post

Yeah, that's what I heard too.

Last year, during the SOI tour.
    (or was it the year before?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Now I'm laughing how naive some of you were when in some old thread you hysterically squalled that it couldn't be true about Tessa and David, and you knew it for sure, and she was an angel which couldn't be involved in a relationship with a married man who was 15 years older than her and bla bla bla
    Seriously, it's time to wake up from your pink dreams and expectations about your sweethearts and face a life what it is. Really it looks like the majority of this board are teenagers.
    You stay classy, there, Fashionista.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    You have to wonder if they even tried to make it work.
    Why would you wonder that? People don't aim to get a divorce!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    18 months... so their son would hav been just over a year old. nice.
    It is much better for a child to grow up with parents who are happier apart rather than staying together "for the sake of the child". Jesse won't remember his parents being together, so the way he sees his life will be the way it is now....with two loving parents who do not live together. This will be a more supportive, loving, and productive environment for Jesse to grow up and thrive in.

As for the Tessa/David outrage...what's the big deal? David and Jamie were separated for 18 months and Tessa would have been 19/20 in that time frame...an adult who is old enough to make her own decisions! 15 years is not the biggest age difference either.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i love to skate View Post
    Why would you wonder that? People don't aim to get a divorce!

It is much better for a child to grow up with parents who are happier apart rather than staying together "for the sake of the child". Jesse won't remember his parents being together, so the way he sees his life will be the way it is now....with two loving parents who do not live together. This will be a more supportive, loving, and productive environment for Jesse to grow up and thrive in.

As for the Tessa/David outrage...what's the big deal? David and Jamie were separated for 18 months and Tessa would have been 19/20 in that time frame...an adult who is old enough to make her own decisions! 15 years is not the biggest age difference either.
    This post pretty much sums up the way I feel about the situation. As long as they're both being good parents to their son, the rest is the business of legal adults. They're certainly not the first (famous) couple to divorce, and I somehow doubt they'll be the last...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast