Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I know a place...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingDancer View Post
    Last time I checked, Fedor and Tessa were dating, and how old is David because Tessa is only like 20.
    Tessa and Fedor broke up last fall. And David is mid 30's I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    So maybe Jamie wasn't pissed at for M/T skating to "Love story", but it was just sad remembering what she and David used to be?
    Ding-ding-ding, a winner.

Thinking it over, I'm actually relieved in a way that the separation was so long ago, at least from the POV that I can give him and U-know benefit of the doubt WRT timing - in the alleged relationship. Just as I've always given him and Jamie the same WRT his 1st marriage.

But I'm sure that won't keep others from more of an unsubstantiated rumor/ snark fest.

I'm trying to think of other long term skating marriages
    I'd name some, but again, that'd just start up the big rumor mill about those skaters.

It seems to me that a lot of skaters have great tragedies at a young age, and yes, perhaps a lot seem to have difficulty keeping longterm relationships. But so do a lot of people.

vCash
    Jaime was only 22 when she and David became an item. Think of all that's happened to them over the last 10 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SwingDancer View Post
    Last time I checked, Fedor and Tessa were dating, and how old is David because Tessa is only like 20.
    David is born in November 1974 which means he's 35 years old now.

vCash
    On the blog/formspring Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand, he confirmed it's Tessa several times... Even said David was sitting with Tessa's family at the Olympics He is usually pretty accurate and doesn't post things without good sources, but who knows?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    All this talk of skating divorces makes me appreciate the wonderful long-term marriage of Oleg and Ludmilla Protopopov. I'm trying to think of other long term skating marriages but I can't think of any others at the moment.

to hear of S/P's divorce.
    I can't think of any that are as long term as the Protopopovs ... maybe, Moskvina and her husband? Are Punsalan and Swallow still married?

vCash
    He arrived at Canadians - saw him just after the original dance and he stayed for the mens short program. Someone in the crowd asked him were Jamie was and he said "at home, with the baby." At the time, I thought it was odd but it seemed reasonable enough.

I have to say, if it is Tessa, I find that more than a little disturbing. The age difference alone is quite stunning, never-mind the fact that he has been married and divorced twice. Not good...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A big age difference worked for Moskvina and Moskvin.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Sorry to read confirmation of the news. Hope it's an amicable split for Jesse's sake.

vCash
    Punsalan and Swallow are still together as far as I know. I hope they stay together, they are a sweet couple!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
    Now I'm dying to know who David is with...
    Evan?
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    All this talk of skating divorces makes me appreciate the wonderful long-term marriage of Oleg and Ludmilla Protopopov. I'm trying to think of other long term skating marriages but I can't think of any others at the moment.

to hear of S/P's divorce.
    Makarov/Selezneva

vCash
    sad to hear about this divorce.

As for Tessa... WOW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    That's too bad, especially with a child involved.

Interesting that they're going to continue to skate together. Imagine what that has to be like.
    I can only imagine- especailly if there is someone that casued the split I know a lot of divorced paretns who can barely LOOK at each other never mind skate together!

I do think that jamie is shining right now- she looks great and is from what I ehar skating well-

Tessa seems to be makign the rounds of skaters I guess the tension on the bus is outta this world though!

18 months! wow that is a long time to keep a secret for- and having ayoung child is very taxing on a marriage -

I am sad to hear of this-

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Punsalan and Swallow are still together as far as I know. I hope they stay together, they are a sweet couple!
    Quote Originally Posted by sfahrut View Post
    Makarov/Selezneva
    Rakhama/Kokko. Meno/Sand. Linichuk/Karpasonov. Victor Kraatz and his wife haven't been married that long, but they've been together for a long time. Dickson/Lindgren.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Edmonton Journal article:
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Sale+...869/story.html
    Both Sale, 32, and Pelletier, 35, have asked for privacy.

Quadless
    vCash
    Klimova / Ponomorenko, Drobiazko / Vanagas. There are many others as well.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Even if this was coming with awkward public appearences it is still sad because at one point they did want to be together and had a kid and everything.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Rakhama/Kokko. Meno/Sand. Linichuk/Karpasonov. Victor Kraatz and his wife haven't been married that long, but they've been together for a long time. Dickson/Lindgren.
    Jason and Yuka
    The Petrenkos

vCash
    So it turns out that the rumors that were posted on FSU about Sale and Pelletier earlier this year turned out to be true afterall.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast