Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    I actually enjoy the blog as well. Like the videos he posts, lots of variety. And I agree that a lot of his snark is not to be taken seriously. Doesn't seem to be any worse than a lot of what gets said around here.

vCash
    Right. I mean really. If someone doesn't like someone's approach to his/her expression of opinions, then just don't go back. Maybe YOU are the one with the issues, and need to deal. Don't rag on Aunt Joyce, go into therapy or whatever. Worse has been said here in Secret Sources. All under the appearance of 'information' and basically gossip. So get over it. Aunt Joyce is actually a VERY nice, understanding, and sweet person. Opinionated? Sure. But I don't think there is a nasty bone in her body. Can't wait for more posts on her blog.

vCash
    He's back!!

vCash
    Secret sources is not open to all and dont form opinions on people.
    But I m going into therapy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Visaliakid View Post
    The 'He' is Dave Lease. <His outing FSU subscriber/s means his identity is fair game>.
    Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    what do you guys mean when you say he outed fsu members' identities? did he find their myspaces and post them or sth? I mean if it's on the internet it's public?
    I know he had some trouble with me forming opinions about his blog and the authenticy of his infos here on FSU, and therefore he made some comments about me mentioning my nickname here and suggesting my other profiles on other skating forum(s). I was made aware of that by several FSU posters. But I don't follow him so I dunno if he took it further with posting personal infos about me or not. He better not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artless View Post
    All the great critics have had bite: William Hazlitt, Mary McCarthy, GB Shaw, Mencken, Edmund Wilson, Gore Vidal, Dorothy Parker, and so on.
    The difference being all the great critics have had writing skills. Can't see much of those in evidence on Dave Lease's blog.

Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Right. I mean really. If someone doesn't like someone's approach to his/her expression of opinions, then just don't go back. Maybe YOU are the one with the issues, and need to deal. Don't rag on Aunt Joyce, go into therapy or whatever.
    So we should all go into therapy because poor old Dave's ego can't handle his blog being criticised? Snicker.

Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Worse has been said here in Secret Sources. All under the appearance of 'information' and basically gossip.
    Dave should know all about Sekret Sources. Considering that most of the stuff he posts on his blog is lifted from there.

Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    He's back!!
    I guess that now his hissy is over and enough people have begged him to come back to satisfy his fragile ego we can expect more Dorothy Parkeresque criticism. Or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    He's back!!
    Yes!!!!

vCash
    It would be so awesome if the true reason for the blog being gone was indeed a lawsuit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro2 View Post
    Dave should know all about Sekret Sources. Considering that most of the stuff he posts on his blog is lifted from there.

I guess that now his hissy is over and enough people have begged him to come back to satisfy his fragile ego we can expect more Dorothy Parkeresque criticism. Or not.
    Ever occur to you that maybe her sources are the same sources that FSUers have that then post to Secret Sources? That's a thought. Some parents and skaters love to dish, and they do so frequently. Whether it ends up in SS or AJ doesn't mean someone is lifting from someone else. Now there's a concept.

AJ appears to have a thick skin. Sure, she gets annoyed that the SAME people who are on FSU write her and call her nasty names all the time. I know she got a lot of flack about referring to the 'Williams brothers'. That made me laugh, because it's so true! She wasn't being racist, she was actually being complimentary, since she's basically saying they demolish all the bowheaded little white girls with one stroke. And if seeing the Williamses across the net from you doesn't make you want to wet your bloomers, then I don't know what would. If you don't have a certain sense of humor, you won't get it. So just move on. It's harmless fun. I prefer my skating news wrapped up in a fun, non-uberish, chill style. Others do too.
    Last edited by IceKween; 06-05-2010 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    It's not complimentary when a gay white man like Dave Lease refers to black women as "brothers."

He's a cheap imitation of posters like Abomb and KerriFairy on GGMB. He's never going to be better than the original.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    It's not complimentary when a gay white man like Dave Lease refers to black women as "brothers."
    So what does his being, "gay", "white", and a "man" have to do with it? Are you homophobic, racist, AND sexist? If you don't get the sense of humor, then pity to you. But it seems you are disparaging him for being those three. Seriously, what does his being gay have anything to do with it, unless you just think it is a way to put him down? Chillax, hon.
    Last edited by IceKween; 06-05-2010 at 03:58 PM.

vCash
    You really don't know me.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro2 View Post
    I think you hit the nail on the head.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345