Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I watched several gymnastics and skating videos that I probably wouldn't have ever seen without that blog. He could have taken a break without deleting everything, but all the archived stuff is gone, so I figure something may have happened. He's mentioned in the past receiving some complaints, but it never seemed to affect him much. So who knows what happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    No, it's only down temporarily.
    Oh, that's too bad!

vCash
    what do you guys mean when you say he outed fsu members' identities? did he find their myspaces and post them or sth? I mean if it's on the internet it's public?

I've only read this guy's blog 2 or 3 times, mainly for the michelle stuff, and while I can understand ppl being offended, it's a personal blog right? it's the best place to be snarky lol, but of course you can go overboard
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 06-03-2010 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I had never been to that loop and axel blog and it just raised the question that I sometimes have of not being able to find a blogger who likes Plushenko! I mean it is something!!!
    loop and axel hates Plushenko as much as Aj, but this is not my criteria for a good writer or blog, I just like it

If you want hysteria plush bloggers go to live journal ontd, lol!

vCash
    I'm not sure if there was anything sue-worthy. Was anything libelous on there? Sure he was a bitch and called people ugly, fat or untalented, but that's opinion. LutzChat was TEN times worse than that, and that was on public access TV. He did have one blog about Tanith Belbin and accused her of continuing to have a an eating disorder, but this is figure skating, and I doubt anyone is going to get angry enough to sue over being accused of being anorexic. That case is un-winnable anyway.

I think there was one post that did rub me the wrong way, where he made fun of Scott Hamilton's battles with cancer. I may have never liked Scott that much, but that is just wrong and uncalled for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    what do you guys mean when you say he outed fsu members' identities? did he find their myspaces and post them or sth? I mean if it's on the internet it's public lol
    He was talking about certain member(s) here and details of their personal lives, judging and discussing with fans of his blog about it, especially in the one unfortuante time I saw his forspringme site. In my books it is pathetic, no matter if it is internet or not.

it's the best place to be snarky lol
    If he was just sharky he would be fine, he had a fascist attitude towards anyone who dared to disagree in his ice cream blog, like 'you mere mortal know nothing about fs",
    He had repeated that a certain skater paid to win gold in Olys, this was not funny.

vCash
    Whoever Aunt Joyce is, he/she is mean and rude. I hope the blog will be gone forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aymkjb88 View Post
    I hope the blog will be gone forever.
    Forever and ever!

Most of what he used to say had nothing to do with skating.

vCash
    I don't like him, he says my Ry Brad has a mullet

vCash
    I learned alot from AJ's blog. She always put up something interesting wrt skating history, plus gymnastics. Some people don't care for her writing style, but I found the info and take on skating history enjoyable to read. Oh well, different strokes. I can't remember reading anything nasty or horrible that she wrote. I'll miss reading it. She just put up the other day a post that had old Peggy, Dorothy and Kwan programs with interesting commentary. Count me as someone who's sad that all that info is gone.

vCash
    I learned alot from AJ's blog. She always put up something interesting wrt skating history, plus gymnastics. Some people don't care for her writing style, but I found the info and take on skating history enjoyable to read. Oh well, different strokes. I can't remember reading anything nasty or horrible that she wrote. I'll miss reading it. She just put up the other day a post that had old Peggy, Dorothy and Kwan programs with interesting commentary. Count me as someone who's sad that all that info is gone.
    Once again, Aunt Joyce is a "he."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    Once again, Aunt Joyce is a "he."
    I don't call Aunt anyone "he". If the blogger calls himself 'aunt', then I'll call the persona 'she'. If he goes by his own name, then I'll call him 'he'. Sorry if that annoys you.

vCash
    I don't call Aunt anyone "he". If the blogger calls himself 'aunt', then I'll call the persona 'she'. If he goes by his own name, then I'll call him 'he'. Sorry if that annoys you.
    Now you're just being stubborn.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash

Best blog in skating

I admire Dave for so many reasons: that he loves skating, deeply, and that his hilariously caustic edge comes from his sense of what skating at its best can be. That he grooves on the great ones and posts their videos as “palate cleansers.” That he analyzes coaches' and choreographers' bodies of work with intelligence and a keen critical eye. That he cares about history and thinks others should too. That he’s a realist who doesn’t let his affection for particular skaters keep him from pointing out their faults. That he doesn’t indulge either in pointless cheerleading or in hand-wringing about figure skating’s image. That he wants to educate and will post video after video to help out beginners with questions about edges. That he himself is always working to learn more. That he admits when he makes a mistake. That he has heart. That he cracks me the **** up. He’s an honorable guy with an honorable mission, and I look forward to whatever he does with it next.

(P.S. Tony Wheeler, you're cool too.)

vCash
    Whoa, are you talking about the same Dave who is insulting (personally to named individuals) unnecessarily and attacks perfectly nice folks in print? Any educational good he might do is totally negated by his obvious delight in slamming, name-calling, personal insults and sexual content. Honorable? Not where I come from, not by a long shot.
    Last edited by Willowway; 06-04-2010 at 01:33 AM.

vCash
    That's fine and all, but you do know where the name "Aunt Joyce" comes from, right?

vCash
    He may be a realist, but he did say some questionable or racist things about the Williams sisters... That just screams a lawsuit from them.

vCash
    Basically its like a drag name. When you're in drag, you refer to the person as the gender which they are portraying. When they're out of drag, call them by their regular gender.

You can't file a lawsuit for spouting racist opinions, unfortunately.

(I'm curious about where the name Aunt Joyce comes from.)

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artless View Post
    That he’s a realist who doesn’t let his affection for particular skaters keep him from pointing out their faults. That he doesn’t indulge either in pointless cheerleading or in hand-wringing about figure skating’s image.
    He occasionally points out things that I wouldn't dare say for fear of offending certain fan groups here.

I don't believe in pointless cheerleading. While I have my favorites I'm perfectly willing to pick on them if they need nitpicking.

But mean and rude does get old as quickly as PC-ish cheerleading.

vCash
    I enjoyed the blog and enjoyed his formspring even more. It was inciteful and interesting, though I didn't agree with him 100% of the time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast