Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceJunkie View Post
    Maybe after MK graduates from grad school next year we'll see her perform in the US again, but I seriously doubt Michelle has grand plans for her professional skating career at this point. She seems extremely focused on her studies and her future career in diplomacy.

But it is kind of weird to think of her doing something other than skating for a career.
    I agree, but from what she showed in Korea, she obviously doesn't train that much.
    I'm so happy to have watched her 2 performances.

The one who impressed me so much is Jeremy Abbott. Of course, I already loved his skating, but this flamenco is just fantastic. COngrats to him !

vCash
    Finally, All That Skate Ice Show is coming to the US! Yuna announced today that she will have an LA ice show at Staples Center LA on Oct. 2-3, possibly starring Michelle Kwan, Jeremy Abbott, etc.
    Last edited by amaro; 08-08-2010 at 10:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Finally, All That Skate Ice Show is coming to the US! Yuna announced today that she will have an LA ice show at Staples Center LA on Oct. 2-3, possibly starring Michelle Kwan, Jeremy Abbott, etc.
    I wonder if a US show means we'll get to see it on TV somewhere. Will be nowhere near LA so attendance is out of the question, but (this is no knock on SOI, which I've seen a few times and puts together a fine show) finally good to have a true star-studded ice show in the States.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amaro View Post
    Jeremy Abott confirmed that he is not coming to the show due to his conflicting schedule.

vCash
    Won't Kwan be in school during this period?
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    @vietgirlterifa, good point

don't mean to be a negative nancy but if michelle does skate in october..please let it be new and REAL programs...not what we saw at all that skate :x
    or even doing some classic exhibition numbers like "hands" or "dante's prayer"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    @vietgirlterifa, good point

don't mean to be a negative nancy but if michelle does skate in october..please let it be new and REAL programs...not what we saw at all that skate :x
    or even doing some classic exhibition numbers like "hands" or "dante's prayer"
    Good grief. Michelle is not a competitor anymore. Have no idea what you mean by a "real program" but with her being in graduate school as her priority - do you really think she needs to train for a 6 triple program. She is a skating superstar and believe me if she puts ice skates on and skates around the rink once - that arena will be full. If she participates and no one hope so more than me - Of course she is going to do exibition programs. In all liklihood the one's she did in Korea - and many can appreciate who she is, what she's done and what she can still do as just terrific. Why in god's name would she construct 2 new competitive programs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy sullivan View Post
    Good grief. Michelle is not a competitor anymore. Have no idea what you mean by a "real program" but with her being in graduate school as her priority - do you really think she needs to train for a 6 triple program. She is a skating superstar and believe me if she puts ice skates on and skates around the rink once - that arena will be full. If she participates and no one hope so more than me - Of course she is going to do exibition programs. In all liklihood the one's she did in Korea - and many can appreciate who she is, what she's done and what she can still do as just terrific. Why in god's name would she construct 2 new competitive programs
    I was there at the All That Skate Summer in person, and there is no question her programs and performance can sell tickets, even if she performs overseas. Hope Michelle decides to participate in the LA show.

vCash
    I never meant to imply competition programs at all, that would be ludicrous for a show. I enjoyed her winter song a lot. I just felt the choreography for this year's all that skate was kind of blah for both programs, very generic

I still go squee over anything michelle though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    I never meant to imply competition programs at all, that would be ludicrous for a show. I enjoyed her winter song a lot. I just felt the choreography for this year's all that skate was kind of blah for both programs, very generic

I still go squee over anything michelle though
    Yeah I didn't take from what you said that she should do 6 jumps or a competition program. I agree that if she's going to skate in the us she might want dif program. Her skating is still amazing just not the best music or choreography at the yuna show.

vCash
    This is huge...and it should be televised, even if on tape a few days later.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425