Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ...Her?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Um, again, she knew who he was. She didn't know any of his songs. Not surprising, if she hates pop music.
    Well Jay-Z is definitely not pop. That's completely beside the point though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Or pays for a lot of education. Or makes for a nice, lazy life. Or whatever.

Yes, I know that, which is why I said it might be that they just put her name on songs. But a lot of the songs she is credited for are autobiographical, so I think she has a little more input than that. She does play the guitar and piano, so she isn't completely ignorant musically. Neither is Taylor Swift, who is more than wealthy enough to pay off her own songwriters without her family's help. I just don't see any reason to particularly think she does, as her songs are also autobiographical.
    Someone said that Taylor comes up with the concepts/ideas for her songs, but others do the writing. Who knows.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Well Jay-Z is definitely not pop. That's completely beside the point though.
    No, agreed. However, everyone keeps saying that Miley should know his songs because they get play on the same radio stations, which are, apparently top 40 stations (and apparently Miley doesn't get enough of her songs during production and would eb seekding them out on the radio, too). To me, Top 40 is pop music, however it is flavored. "Empire State of Mind" may be hip hop, but it has a strong pop/electropop theme, which is why it DID get so much Top 40 airplay. Most of Jay-Z's songs don't end up on Top 40 radio.

Based on a couple of things she's said and influences in her music, I'd say Miley is into indie rock and country, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Someone said that Taylor comes up with the concepts/ideas for her songs, but others do the writing. Who knows.
    Well, no one does, really, or will until there's a book , but I think that if Taylor comes up with the concepts, she should be credited as co-writer because her work is in the song, and I also think it's interesting that rumors like this tend to fly about certain performers, justified or not.

A long time ago, I took a class in pop culture and the professor told us that the reason so many superstars blaze out in tragic ways is because we demand it. I always thought that was nuts; why would people WANT to see someone self destruct and why would anyone do that just because the public expected it? But apparently there is something to at least the first part of that; why else would so many people take pleasure in watching Lindsay Lohan stumble around and why are so many just waiting for Miley to get what's coming to her?

Maybe it's because so many stars are perceived as undeserving and thus somehow they "earn" bad ends; young stars seem to be a particular target of this, maybe because they aren't seen as having earned what they have. But it seems odd to me that so many people tell others that life isn't fair, get used to it, suck it up and stop thinking you're entitled to something better, and then turn around and rejoice that some undeserving star gets it right in the teeth.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Taylor Swift had a songwriting contract when she was 14, well before she recorded anything, so I think it's safe to say she does more than come up with the concepts for her songs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Swift
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234