Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Miley Cyrus: I Hate Pop Music and Musicals

Well, thank goodness for this. Now we'll never have to hear her gravelly out of tune howling in a Broadway show (I hope).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1225875074734

vCash
    So she hates her own music?

vCash
    It's unfortunate that Miley thinks people care what she likes.

vCash
    If she hates it so much, why doesn't she stop making it and torturing us with it?!
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    So I guess she won't be attending "Achy Breaky Heart: The Musical"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    It's unfortunate that Miley thinks people care what she likes.
    Grown ups don't. 8-13 year olds do.

vCash
    So, basically, Cyrus is majorly insecure about what she does.

vCash
    Yeh, I get that FSUers and dozens of bloggers have a special vintage venom reserved for this young lady. e.g. anything about her voice, her father, and alleged smoking (proven to be false, btw).

But I recommend reading the piece before slamming her for words that overedge embellishes in a headline. The girl just says she doesn't listen to pop music, and doesn't "get" musicals.

What the hell? A 17 year-old who doesn't "get" musicals! Stop the presses ... or burn her at the stake! Something. This is skandal.

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Grown ups don't. 8-13 year olds do.
    Do they? My nieces love Hannah Montana (I lost 2 hrs of my life when they put her concert on when I was babysitting once ) but I doubt they care about whether Miley likes musicals. And they certainly don't read online interviews of her. But maybe they are exceptions, I dunno.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    burn her at the stake! [I]Something.
    if you insist
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    At the end of the article, where she describes the relationship between real life and the musical genre, she presents a very telling example. "What if this was real life and I was just walking down the street on Rodeo Drive..." this is not a girl who is in touch with real life in any way.

I think her statements were to make it sound like she's far more sophisticated than she is. I doubt she's turning away any of the money she's making off of those trite pop songs she sings. Why doesn't she get, that it's this sort of crap that comes out of her mouth that make it so hard for people not to think she's an annoying brat?

vCash
    Like I said in the Glee thread, I just don't understand anybody who refuses to open their mind up regarding musicals. It's really another form of artistic expression for playwrights and filmakers. Anyway, what was Hannah Montana other than a knock-off of I Love Lucy type of slapstick? Oh yeah, a musical. Just because she has her songs set in "concert" or a "studio" doesn't make it any different.
    Last edited by VIETgrlTerifa; 06-03-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Like I said in the Glee thread, I just don't understand anybody who refuses to open their mind up regarding musicals. It's really another form of artistic expression for playwrights and filmakers. Anyway, what was Hannah Montana other than a knock-off of I Love Lucy type of slapstick? Oh yeah, a musical. Just because she has her songs set in "concert" or a "studio" doesn't make it any difference.
    Exactly!

BTW, just watched the last few minutes of The View. They had Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes on. They are doing a revival of "Promises, Promises" on broadway. They did "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" on the show. AWESOME! Burt Bacharach, right?

BTW#2 - Sean Hayes is up for a Tony and will be hosting the Tonys this year. Loved him in Will and Grace, but even more now! He is so talented.
    Kristin Chenoweth - just goes without saying - Brilliant!

vCash
    I wish she wouldn't use the names of singers in the lyrics of songs SHE sings and puts out for public consumption, and then be completely ignorant of their work. I heard her doing a radio interview and the D.J. mentioned "Party in the USA" song and asked her what her favorite Jay-Z song was. A fairly reasonable question when you consider the song has the following lyrics:

and a Jay Z song was on
    and the Jay Z song was on

So her response in the interview? "I don't really care for his music. I don't know his stuff at all".

What a drip!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    I wish she wouldn't use the names of singers in the lyrics of songs SHE sings and puts out for public consumption, and then be completely ignorant of their work. I heard her doing a radio interview and the D.J. mentioned "Party in the USA" song and asked her what her favorite Jay-Z song was. A fairly reasonable question when you consider the song has the following lyrics:

and a Jay Z song was on

So her response in the interview? "I don't really care for his music. I don't know his stuff at all".

What a drip!
    So she's basically admitting that she's a fake. Interesting. I bet she doesn't listen to Britney either

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Yeh, I get that FSUers and dozens of bloggers have a special vintage venom reserved for this young lady. e.g. anything about her voice, her father, and alleged smoking (proven to be false, btw).
    It is kind of amazing how many people swear they can't stand her, but appear to know all her songs and read her interviews.

I think there are a couple of posters here who pay a heck of a lot more attention to her than any 8-13 year old I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bobalina77 View Post
    So she's basically admitting that she's a fake. Interesting. I bet she doesn't listen to Britney either
    And now, if she sings a song, the lyrics must be an accurate reflection of her real life, tastes and thoughts, or she's a fake?

When you listen to someone wailing their way through "MacArthur Park," do you think they are fakes if no one REALLY left their cakes out in the rain?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Well.. no.. but if she's gonna mention someone in her music the least she can do is know what songs they sing. Besides.. that song is somewhat a reflection of her life.. Nashville girl goes Hollywood and when the DJ plays those songs she relaxes and feels more "at home". So I would assume by listening to the lyrics that are seemingly about her life, that she listens to (or at least knows something about) the two artists she's singing about.

The reason people know her songs is because they play them on the radio.. I know a lot of songs of bands that I don't necessarily like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    And now, if she sings a song, the lyrics must be an accurate reflection of her real life, tastes and thoughts, or she's a fake?

When you listen to someone wailing their way through "MacArthur Park," do you think they are fakes if no one REALLY left their cakes out in the rain?
    No one is saying the lyrics *must* be an accurate reflection of her life. But since Jay-Z is a pretty big name in the music industry, it's kind of surprising that she doesn't even "know [his] stuff".

vCash
    Party in the USA was just a tribute to name dropping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    huhhhh?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast