Miscellaneous questions I'm curious about:
1. When do elite figure skaters start training for the upcoming season? First week of July, mid-August, etc.
2. At what point are their programs basically finished and they are just fine tuning them?
3. In other sports, athletes talk about needing time off to prevent stress injuries. How much time do skaters take off pre-season?
4. If a skater decided they wanted to take time off and do nothing, say between Worlds and the upcoming season, how long would it take them to get back to form?
5. Why do ice rinks always have incredibly high ceilings?
6. Are ice rinks always built on the ground floor of a building, or are there some complexes that have one on the first floor, one on the second floor, etc.