Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Good.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    CNN is saying they apprehended him in Chile.

ETA: Here's an article on MSNBC
    Good.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    CNN is saying they apprehended him in Chile.

ETA: Here's an article on MSNBC
    Good!!!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Does Peru have the death penalty? Maybe if they do he can plea-bargain for life in prison by telling what really happened to Natalie. (Then again, not having seen a Peruvian prison, possibly he'd prefer death.)

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Does Peru have the death penalty? Maybe if they do he can plea-bargain for life in prison by telling what really happened to Natalie. (Then again, not having seen a Peruvian prison, possibly he'd prefer death.)
    I don't think they do, although there was some talk a few years ago about reintroducing one, IIRC.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shadymc View Post
    I cannot believe anyone would go out with this guy. It's not like they didn't know what happened before. I know he was never convicted, but the evidence is pretty scary. He is on tape saying that he buried Natalee's body, (although he said she fell over dead from being drunk). Why even take a chance on him?
    The girl would have been 16 and in Peru when it happened, so it's highly unlikely that she followed the Holloway case closely. I was 15 and in the US when Natalee disappeared, and there is no way I'd ever have recognized this guy.

I'm glad that they caught him. I hope that he gets what he deserves--he certainly hasn't been acting like an innocent man.

vCash

If anything good comes of this awful situation, it's that the Holloway family may finally get some answers if he spills the beans, and the other suspects in the Holloway case, if they are innocent, can get their names cleared.

vCash
    It is unlikely he would face the death penalty -

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/peru-...d-2624602.html

But he might wish they had it, given he would be culturally considered a child killer, which in US prisons occupies the absolute bottom rung in terms of status. He couldn't be housed with their general population - they would probably kill him just as soon as look at him.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Please bring me up to speed: was there a lot of good evidence that he killed that American girl? And if so, how did he get off?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Please bring me up to speed: was there a lot of good evidence that he killed that American girl? And if so, how did he get off?
    If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.

vCash
    Does Peru have the death penalty?
    They don't. He could be sentenced to 20, 30, 50, 100 years, but no death penalty in Peru.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.
    Thanks.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    They were seen leaving a club together and driving away in a car together....she was never seen again. He kept changing his story. She's never been found, there was no concrete evidence other than eye witness accounts of them leaving together. He kept changing his story as to what exactly happened. His father was a judge in Aruba, there was accusations of a coverup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    They don't. He could be sentenced to 20, 30, 50, 100 years, but no death penalty in Peru.
    Something tells me death would be preferrable to 20+ years in a Peruvian jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrak View Post
    They were seen leaving a club together and driving away in a car together....she was never seen again. He kept changing his story. She's never been found, there was no concrete evidence other than eye witness accounts of them leaving together. He kept changing his story as to what exactly happened. His father was a judge in Aruba, there was accusations of a coverup.
    Unfortunately with the Natalee case that lack of concrete evidence was his saving grace for a few years. His story changing, talking to random people and getting filmed, etc. did him no favors, but still did not provide concrete evidence of what exactly happened.

Whatever his father did or didn't do to cover things up will probably be debated until the end of time. But the truth is that this guy probably executed the perfect crime - through luck not planning - and got away with it. It looks like he went back to the well one too many times though. It will be interesting to see what comes of this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StonewshMullet View Post
    Something tells me death would be preferrable to 20+ years in a Peruvian jail.
    So true....I'd guess

HOw creepy that it was exactly 5 years...

vCash
    I think it's because they never found the body, no? I don't know about Aruba, but in the US it's rare to prosecute someone for murder without a body or other physical remains (e.g., unexplainable victim blood found on the suspect). It might not even be legal in all states. The parents of Etan Patz fought, successfully, to have him legally declared dead after more than 20 years so they could charge the guy heavily suspected of killing him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Ugh! How sick can he be?!?! I wonder what his parents are feeling now?
    ???
    Probably as most parents - can't believe that their child would/could do something like this. Or are you saying this because of some connection to his not being charged in the Natalie Hollaway's case? or what. As a parent you really don't or can't believe that your child has done something so hienous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    Ugh! How sick can he be?!?! I wonder what his parents are feeling now?
    I believe his father has died.

I don't fault parents at all for being in denial that their kids could do something like this.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
    I believe his father has died.

I don't fault parents at all for being in denial that their kids could do something like this.
    No, but I could fault his father for covering up for him as many people alleged he did since he was a Judge in Aruba, right?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast