vCash

Zanforlin & Degli Esposti end figure skating competitive career

It has been up in the air for a while now and I eventually got to publish the news on their website: Marika Zanforlin & Federico Degli Esposti have decided to end their ice figure skating competitive career. From now on they'll be busy attending roller skating exhibitions and hopefully also ice skating shows next season (where they will finally be able to show their roller skating pair elements without thinking about the rules!).

BIG and for them for what they achieved on the ice with all the troubles they had these past 3 years!

If you want to leave any message for them, just leave it here, on their guestbook or send it to postmaster@zanforlindeglisposti.com
    I'll collect and forward them to Marika & Federico as soon as possible!

vCash
    . I think they didn't fully reveal their capabilities on ice so it's sad to see them go...still, I wish them lots of luck in their skating shows career .

vCash

They have achieved so much in such a short timeframe. The saddest thing about this is that they could have achieved so much if only they had received funding, enabling them to give up their jobs and focus fully on training.

Best of luck to them in their pro careers, I hope they can find good jobs, roller elements are going to look really spectacular on ice.

Resident Rude Brazilian
    In a million depressions over the end of the World Cup
    vCash

They leave a great legacy in roller, and showed the world the talented and hard working athletes that they are with that transition to the ice. Hard to think of anyone that would be capable of being on their level with so little ice training.

I'll miss them...

YEAH!
    vCash
    Not a surprise, but I'll miss them and I wish them the very best. Hopefully they are just the start of a revolution in Italian ice skating.

vCash
    No surprise. Hope they succeed in everything they do.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Not a surprise, but I'll miss them and I wish them the very best. Hopefully they are just the start of a revolution in Italian ice skating.
    I hope so... me think they will contribute to it as coaches as it looks like they've already been asked for advices for some ice-skating pairs.

vCash
    Thanks for their skating.

vCash
    They will be missed

vCash
    Just to let you know I saw them skate last night and it was great! Despite having resumed training just a couple of weeks ago they looked in good shape. The program (Circus music + La Vita è Bella soundtrack) is very nice with great lifts and a very high twist! I think practicing it on the ice helped them smoothing their technique on this element...a quad could definitely fit in there!

vCash
    Hopefully we'll get pictures and a video of the exhibition from last Saturday... meanwhile enjoy their sp from 2010 Nationals which I've just added to the site!

vCash
    I've got the pictures from the show I was mentioning in my previous posts... at last!
    I'll add the video as soon as I can get the dvd of the gala from Marika... hopefully it will take less than 2 months...