Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

vCash

2010/2011 Program Info

I hadn't seen a thread for this so I figured I'd start one. Denney and Barrett have announced that they will be skating to "Rhapsody in Blue" for their long program next season with choreography done by David Wilson.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by LKR; 05-28-2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Check out my figure skating blog out at:
    http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot.com/

vCash
    I think Rhapsody in Blue is a good choice for them. I hope working with Wilson will improve all the sloppiness and rough edges in their skating but I think it'll take a few years.

vCash
    I'm just glad it's not Peterson doing their choreography.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I'm just glad it's not Peterson doing their choreography.
    I love to see him in the K&C but D/B need more polished choreo to make it from the top 10 into the top 5 internationally.

vCash
    Felicia Zhang and Taylor Toth's LP will be to Miss Saigon with choreography done by Irina Romanova (thanks Aunt Joyce for the info!).
    Check out my figure skating blog out at:
    http://videoreplayartistry.blogspot.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LKR View Post
    I hadn't seen a thread for this so I figured I'd start one. Denney and Barrett have announced that they will be skating to "Rhapsody in Blue" for their long program next season with choreography done by David Wilson.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    More Evan Lysacek music

vCash
    Deleted because I was mistaken
    Last edited by Stephanie; 05-28-2010 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Info for next season!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Based on her IN bio, Yasmin Siraj will skate to Fantasie Impromptu for her short as is keeping her "Song of India" free skate.
    I believe the "2010 Season Notes" section on the IN bios refer to the 09-10 season. For example, Kiri Baga's "2010 Season Notes" lists "Carmen" as her FS, which she ditched after Nationals last season in favor of a new program for Junior Worlds.

vCash
    The bios always take a long time to update, it's funny when some skaters keep the same picture for forever, like Christina Gao's IN profile picture is from 2 years ago when she still had braces and doesn't really look that much like her anymore, and she's not 5'1" anymore either.

I really like Miss Saigon for Zhang and Toth, that should be lovely, is Felicia going to compete in pairs and singles again next season? What about Amanda Dobbs?

As for 2010 season notes, for most skaters it looks like those are from last season, with the exception of Yasmin I guess. I expect the new programs and such will be listed under 2011 season notes when they come out.

vCash
    Never mind :-/
    Last edited by Stephanie; 05-28-2010 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    For most skaters, yes. But it looks like it's different for Yasmin, probably because she's new to team USA. Her 2009/2010 short was from Slumdog Millionaire, which is listed under 2009 Season Notes.
    But Fantasie Impromptou was her 2008-09 Novice SP, right? So maybe they just them got mixed up?

vCash
    You are right, I just went back and checked the video archives for 2009 nationals and Fantasie Impromptu was her 2008-2009 short. I guess IN got them mixed up/switched. Sorry for the confusion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I really like Miss Saigon for Zhang and Toth, that should be lovely, is Felicia going to compete in pairs and singles again next season? What about Amanda Dobbs?
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/042510.shtml

The only issue for Felicia was what level at which she would skate. I am interviewing Amanda in a few weeks, so I'll let you know as soon as I do!

vCash
    Keegan and his mother have told me that he will get a new SP for next season but keep The Incredible Hulk for his FS. Nothing has been confirmed or announced though, but this looks like what it will be.

vCash
    While he didn't mention his music, during his one-on-one with Kurt Browning, Patrick Chan said that in addition to his new 'Don't Worry Be Happy' EX program, his SP this year is going to be a piece that requires him to 'act' a bit more (in the vein of Kurt). He also mentioned fixing up his LP with Lori, so I don't know if that means he's keeping PotO or if they had already choreographed a new one and were still working on fixing it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2009/042510.shtml

The only issue for Felicia was what level at which she would skate. I am interviewing Amanda in a few weeks, so I'll let you know as soon as I do!
    Well, both Felicia and Amanda are listed in the USFSA's International Selection Pool 2010-2011 for singles AND pairs, so I'm assuming this means Amanda Dobbs is planning on continuing in both, at least for the meantime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    While he didn't mention his music, during his one-on-one with Kurt Browning, Patrick Chan said that in addition to his new 'Don't Worry Be Happy' EX program, his SP this year is going to be a piece that requires him to 'act' a bit more (in the vein of Kurt). He also mentioned fixing up his LP with Lori, so I don't know if that means he's keeping PotO or if they had already choreographed a new one and were still working on fixing it up.
    Patrick Chan said quite some time ago that he's keeping his POTO LP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    Patrick Chan said quite some time ago that he's keeping his POTO LP
    One season of it was bad enough. But I guess Patrick has to do what is best for him - and with so much change and trying to get the 2 triple axels consistent and add a quad? - I understand this decision.

I never get tired of Rhapsody in Blue - but although I know he skated to it -- please don't call it Lysacek music!

vCash
    Yep. Rhapsody in Blue is an excellent choice for a couple who is looking to build their connection / emotion on the ice. There's so much character in the music,without being bound to a particular theme or storyline in the audience's mind , it gives them a lot to work with. This could be a gem.

OTOH , PotO is the reverse. Many people have praised the content of the program, and you can see there's some great stuff in it ( and you can understand the reasons for keeping it considering the challenges Patrick faced last season ), but I'm so deathly tired of PotO, I was hoping for a change.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast