View Poll Results: Favorite Trek series?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Trek, origional series

16 17.98%
  • TNG

61 68.54%
  • Voyager

7 7.87%
  • Enterprise

5 5.62%
  • Animated series

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    I loved Voyager and Enterprise. I was heartbroken when Enterprise ended after only four seasons. I miss Captain Archer's beagle Porthos!

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    TNG. DS9 is watchable.

vCash
    Avery Brooks is a great actor! He himself, is a little, um, different. I saw an interview with him once where he both asked himself questions and answered them! The interviewer was amused, kind of like, remind me why am I here?

vCash
    DS9! This is the best nerdy thread ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    Voyager was an improvement, especially with the introduction of Seven Of Nine (in her costume, I'd call her 37 of 23 of 36 ).
    We called her "borg-bie".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    You forgot DS9 for your poll!

My fave is TNG, because of the characters. But I also really liked Enterprise... and often feel I am the only one who does.
    You're not the only one. I got the whole Enterprise series as a birthday gift and it's become my favorite along with TOS. I like TNG, too. Never got into DS9 or Voyager.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Shoot, I meant to vote for TNG. Jean Luc Picard
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    TNG! Trivia question. Which series did a remake of the famous Star Trek classic episode, "Trouble With Tribbles"? I'm asking because I think it was either TNG or DS9 and I don't remember which. Any help appreciated!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think it's no contest.

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    Nothing beats this. End of story.

Although I have to admit that 7 of 9 is the Marilyn Monroe of the series. Whatever happened to that actress?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    TNG! Trivia question. Which series did a remake of the famous Star Trek classic episode, "Trouble With Tribbles"? I'm asking because I think it was either TNG or DS9 and I don't remember which. Any help appreciated!
    Deep Space Nine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I
    Although I have to admit that 7 of 9 is the Marilyn Monroe of the series. Whatever happened to that actress?
    Jeri Ryan? I think she's on "Leverage" now. She was on "Shark" too - which I was James Woods show the I loved, so of course it only lasted about 2 seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I think it's no contest.
    We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    Nothing beats this. End of story.

ITA! I still remember the chills from hearing Patrick Stewart's delivery of those lines.

BTW, for those in the Philadelphia area, Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, John DeLancie and others are making appearance next weekend at wizardworld. Info is here: http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html

vCash
    Some of you may have already seen this, but it cracked me up.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    Some of you may have already seen this, but it cracked me up.
    This is a classic one I've linked in response to a few posts on this site.

vCash
    WOOHOO Star Trek thread!!

My Ranking:

1. Voyager: Although the hardcore Trekkies regard Voyager as the weak link of the franchise, I loved it through and through! Janeway was by far my favorite character and the best Trek Captain IMHO. Her take no sh!t from no one attitude was just way too awesome and totally refreshing. When Picard would try to find a diplomatic solution to every threats, Janeway would blow you to pieces if her crew and her ship was compromised.

Not to mention great characters like Seven of Nine, The Doctor, and the whole Borg storyline it was one of my favorite TV ever!

2. DS9: I really enjoyed the drawn out story arcs with the Dominion war and the religious undertone. DS9 really focused on the characters because they are on a space station and often times they cannot rely on the "alien of the week" to make a show. The acting as a group was the strongest from the franchise, especially Nana Visitor who played Kira.

3. TNG: Grew up with TNG, didn't like it at the beginning but totally won me over towards the middle. I love the setting of Enterprise D, the bridge looked like a family room it was so cozy . I remember they had a series finale party at Sky Dome!! Too bad I couldn't go...

4. Enterprise: It was just mediocre... My eyes rolled so hard every time the script had lines like "Maybe you Vulcans would do XXXX but we humans would do XXXX because humanity is blah blah blah".. and that happened pretty much every other episode. The characters were also...not likable except for a T'Pol, Sato, and Phlox. Oh and Porthos, I got a beagle because of him . Another problem I had with Enterprise was the storyline. So many episodes were rehashes from previous series it was really evident that the franchise needed a deserving break.

5. The Original Series: Never really seen it but my dad was an uber fan and he got me into Star Trek/Sci Fi in general.

I do hope the new movies would reinvigorate the franchise and they give us a new series... preferable set in after Voyager's time line. I want to see what happens to Alpha Quadrant and the Federation!

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot
    Deep Space Nine.
    Thank you! It's been awhile since I've seen that particular episode.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Thank you! It's been awhile since I've seen that particular episode.
    The episode is Trials and Tribble-ations. I actually think DS9 did a better job using the original show's mythos than TNG. TNG had the episodes with Scottie and Spock, but they were pretty dull (and the quick bit with Bones in the pilot was a throwaway). DS9 put its characters into the tribble episode, created an entire set of episodes using the TOS Mirror Universe, and did a good episode using TOS Klingons.

vCash
    Seeing how little people appreciate the TOS makes me want to cry.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Seeing how little people appreciate the TOS makes me want to cry.
    I actually met George 'Mr. Sulu' Takei. Still has that instantly recognisable voice. And $H!T has he aged better than Shatner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    The episode is Trials and Tribble-ations. I actually think DS9 did a better job using the original show's mythos than TNG. TNG had the episodes with Scottie and Spock, but they were pretty dull (and the quick bit with Bones in the pilot was a throwaway). DS9 put its characters into the tribble episode, created an entire set of episodes using the TOS Mirror Universe, and did a good episode using TOS Klingons.
    ITA about the mirror universe episodes in DS9, but I kind of liked Spock's appearances in TNG. And yes, the bit with Bones in the TNG pilot was a throwaway, but I still liked it a lot.

I remember going to a Creation Con once and George Takei was one of the guests. He was very nice to people, signing autographs and chatting away. Afterwards, I was in the hotel bar with a few friends, and he bounced in (he was very high energy ) and was looking for some friends, and stopped and asked me and my friends if we'd seen them. Then he found his friends and ran off! It was kind of surreal actually.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast