View Poll Results: Favorite Trek series?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Trek, origional series

16 17.98%
  • TNG

61 68.54%
  • Voyager

7 7.87%
  • Enterprise

5 5.62%
  • Animated series

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    TNG, followed by DS9. I've seen every single episode of TNG at least 5-10 times or more.
    You and my husband! I think he wants to BE Picard. He watches them year by year in order, and when he finishes the whole thing, he starts over. I love TNG too, so I'm just glad he has something interesting to keep him busy.....

BTW-I heartily endorse William Shatner's recently published autobiography. I forget the title, but it's easily googleable. It's in paperback now. What a fascinating life! And, Kirk just IS Shatner. Huge ego but totally charming. It was fascinating to read about Gene Rodenberry and what a d***head he was. He was absolutely awful to the actors! Shatner also had a pretty interesting acting career-a very serious "artsy" one - long before he became Kirk. It's a fun read.

vCash
    Interesting about Shatner's autobiography.... I'll have to check it out.

I voted for TNG but I loved TOS and also DS9. Watched Voyager and Enterprise. Voyager always annoyed me because it seemed like they were insecure having written a female captain into the show and so they had to make her more of an expert than her own experts. Still, some of the episodes with the Borg were great. And I loved the episode where the holographic doctor programmed his own holographic family and then experienced tragedy with them. Great stuff.

TNG was so great after about the first season. Loved Yesterday's Enterprise and the way they followed the ramifications of those events forward in the series. Loved the episode Darmok, where Picard and an alien captain face danger together and develop some shared metaphors so they could communicate. Loved loved loved Inner Light where Picard lived a whole other life under the influence of an alien probe. And yes, for the first part conclusion of The Best of Both Worlds, everyone who was at my house for a season finale party screamed at the TV all together. I still remember the horror of Picard/Locutus telling Riker that resistance was futile.

DS9 really grew on me and I enjoyed the story threads that dealt with the parallel universe that was first introduced in Mirror, Mirror. That is great concept continuity, from one series to another over, what, 30 years? It was great stuff.

Enterprise, I thought had so much potential that was never fulfilled. I remember a TV guide article describing the crew as having their hand on their hearts and their hearts in their throats and that sort of captured the wild eyed nature of it at the beginning. Loved the original theme song and skated to it in my very first competition.

And once, years ago at a Universal Studios tour in California, I got to play an engineer in the Star Trek Adventure. Coolest. thing. ever. I still have the video. A friend of mine got to play a Klingon crew member and he got to get shot by a phaser! It was great. I also went to the second Star Trek Con ever held, in NYC, in, IIRC, 1975. Sigh, those were the days!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    BTW-I heartily endorse William Shatner's recently published autobiography.
    Up Till Now I recommend the audio version - he reads it himself.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    You guys are SUCH DORKS!!!!

(So am I.)

toss-up between TNG and DS9. Early TNG was really, really bad. . . both series tended to be too preachy, but still were fairly entertaining. Never really got into Voyager or Enterprise. Whenever we have the Kirk vs. Picard smackdown conversation, hubby comes down on the side of Kirk (what? that fat egotistical idiot who can't act?) and I am all for Picard (who can and does do Shakespeare and other theater very well and looks good bald!).

vCash
    I do like TOS movies - the one with Khan, and the one with the whales are my faves.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

Blergh
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Whenever we have the Kirk vs. Picard smackdown conversation, hubby comes down on the side of Kirk (what? that fat egotistical idiot who can't act?) and I am all for Picard (who can and does do Shakespeare and other theater very well and looks good bald!).
    Shatner was also a Shakespearean actor. Never saw him act in any though. I actually think he's good at what he does, and he has awards for his acting in the past so somebody must think he can act.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    You forgot DS9 for your poll!

My fave is TNG, because of the characters. But I also really liked Enterprise... and often feel I am the only one who does.
    Oops!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    I believe Rodenberry died while TNG was still going strong. Did he turn over control before his death? I also believe that his wife, who appeared in many episodes as Deanna Troi's mother and who was also the voice of the computer, had quite a bit of "behind the scenes" involvement in the franchise.
    I could be wrong, but I thought Roddenberry let go of control after 2 seasons and died during the 3rd season? I'd have to look it up. I just think that there was a distinct difference in the series especially after season 2, and it got significantly better.
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    I voted for TNG, but Enterprise & Voyager would be tied for a close second. DS9 is the one I never was really able to get into.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    Nerdiest thread ever. Love it!

1. Voyager: I grew up with this series and despite its flaws find it the most consistently entertaining. Plus like others said I like how they're completely on their own.
    2. TNG: I had a serious gay boy crush on Troi growing up (okay, I still do). My all time favorite episodes are from TNG but there are too many ridiculous/yawn episodes.
    3. Original series.
    4. DS9: I could never get into it. Someday when I'm bored I'll try to start again with season one but I've tried before and never made it past the first few episodes.
    5. Animated series: Say what?

Not summer :(
    vCash
    TNG, all the way. I also loved all the movies too.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I'm not surprised that I'm the only one who thinks DS9 is the best series. I thought the acting was the best overall and I can't think of any episodes from any other series that were better than The Visitor, Far Beyond the Stars, Duet, Whispers, In the Pale Moonlight, Hard Time, and Trials and Tribbleations. (I would put Inner Light and Best of Both Worlds from TNG on a similar level.) I think DS9 turned off a lot of viewers because it moved so dramatically from the Star Trek formula.

vCash
    I love TNG only because it was the first ones I saw.. but I also love TOS too.. And I love the new movie too .... Spock was hot in both of them lol

attending the Mad Hatter's Tea Party at ISU Headquarters!
    vCash
    TNG is my fave but DS9 would be a close second. I think if I were to ever watch DS9 in its entirety in a marathon viewing sometime it might surpass TNG. Alas, I'd have to rent the DVDs because I doubt it'll wind up in syndication anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I'm not surprised that I'm the only one who thinks DS9 is the best series.
    You're not the only one. I posted upthread that I think so.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    TNG all the way. With Voyager a close second. I'd actually like to re-watch Voyager again, I've rewatched the other series a number of times. DS9 grew on me, but they've got too many damned Ferengi episodes and not enough characters I really cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Does anyone else think of the Cardassians whenever you see or hear anything about the Kardashians?
    I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    My fave is TNG, because of the characters. But I also really liked Enterprise... and often feel I am the only one who does.
    I thought s1 and s2 of ENT kinda sucked, but s3 was excellent and s4 was also very solid, but by then they'd scared off most of the fans, so it got shut down.

vCash
    I liked TNG when I watched. Picard was the best

vCash
    The original series with Deep Space 9 following a close second. DSN had two yummy male actors in Avery Brooks (love his voice) and Alexander Siddig. And then there was Gul Dukat, the best TV villain since JR Ewing. I liked TNG well enough but I can't watch the episodes over and over again the way I can episodes from the original series.

vCash
    I was a kid in the mid-60's, so I actually remember when the original series first aired. Boy, does that ever show how old I am...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Shatner was also a Shakespearean actor. Never saw him act in any though. I actually think he's good at what he does, and he has awards for his acting in the past so somebody must think he can act.
    My husband always trots out that line!!! Um, have you HEARD any of his Shakespearean monologues? I don't think they can properly be called acting. They're simply. . . bizarre. (Sorry that I can't supply some examples, because they're quite entertaining.) I give you that he can do funny, for sure. But really seriously act? Naaah.

Civic: AVERY BROOKS. IS. THE. AWESOME.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast